The Band's Twitter Account

Started by Haldon, Jan 13, 2011, 08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

LET IT BE KNOWN!

I LOVE FLAN
Was it extremely touristy of me when the first thing I did in Spain after going to my hotel room was find a little restaurant and order a big ol' helping of Flan?
I'm surrounded by assholes

bluesky

danz

it's from the Z EPK if i'm not mistaken...

BigBossMan

The first time I had flan, it was after I saw a movie which, I'm pretty sure, starred Christopher Walken.  He was like somebody's neighbor who lost their job.  I think Walken's character was kind of crazy (go figure) and i remember him saying that he loved flan.  Afterwards, I went to a mexican restaurant and tried it.  Not really my cup of tea.  Had to pretty much choke it down.  Anybody know what movie I'm talking about?  Within the last 10 years, and I believe Walken and the co-star (also a big name i think - possibly ben stiller) are in the car when it's pouring rain.  they are up at a cabin. 
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

BigBossMan

that would be Envy starring Ben Stiller and Jack Black
It ain't evil baby if it ain't hurtin' anybody

HighlySuspicious

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Jan 19, 2011, 09:47 PM
http://www.cremebrulog.com/
Saw the link when I was twittering and wondered if anyone else knew about this.

This is amazing on so many levels, firstly the fact that creme brulee in any context is just perfection.  Secondly, I find the juxtaposition between Jim's flowery, overly-imaginative descriptions and M's succinct reviews hilarious (M even abbreviates creme brulee.  ;D)  Yes, boys, please keep this up. It's a WIN.   

touchingmept2

I guess the band took the hint  and tweeted a pic of Carl playing in the church haha!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

br00ke

a sweet 'in the studio' shot  :thumbsup:

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Haldon

Its like they heard me   ;)

Part of me wants to think that they had intended to post this picture, that it was just the next one in line to be "tweeted," and that it had nothing to do with me posting my thoughts about the lack of pictures of them

But then part of me wants to think that somewhere, Jim, Carl, Tom, Bo, and Patrick were like, "oh, that guy Haldon is a cool dude. I remember meeting him at Joe's Pub, and seeing him at T-5, lets post a picture of us working on the new album, just to make him smile while he's studying for the New York bar." ..........yeah, thats exactly how it went

either way, I'm appreciative....i now retreat into the depths of my office

:dankk2:

el_chode

Quote from: Haldon on Jan 24, 2011, 02:39 PM

Part of me wants to think that they had intended to post this picture, that it was just the next one in line to be "tweeted," and that it had nothing to do with me posting my thoughts about the lack of pictures of them

But then part of me wants to think that somewhere, Jim, Carl, Tom, Bo, and Patrick were like, "oh, that guy Haldon is a cool dude. I remember meeting him at Joe's Pub, and seeing him at T-5, lets post a picture of us working on the new album, just to make him smile while he's studying for the New York bar." ..........yeah, thats exactly how it went

You're studying for New York? Me too!

Haldon

yeah, this is me not hijacking the thread, but yeah..studying for the NY  Bar

trying to take care of work as well as put in the study hours is wearing real thin on me...i'm looking forward to the end of February...i just want to get it over with...although I'm not looking forward to being in buffalo at the end of february..i hear its cold

el_chode

I thought you were defending Phish fans in Florida, no? Was that someone else?

Anyway, Buffalo will surely suck if it snows. I was in Syracuse for 3 winters, where we competed for the annual "golden snowball award" for most snow. I'm lucky I got Albany because I gotta get back in NJ for the NJ bar after the MBE

But yeah, this is me procrastinating. I'm not very studious and have no idea how to go about this crap

Best of luck, either way

ALady

Quote from: Haldon on Jan 24, 2011, 04:53 PM
yeah, this is me not hijacking the thread, but yeah..studying for the NY  Bar

No doubt?  Good luck, Haldon!  Weren't you living in Miami or somesuch?  What prompted that move?

So, uh, yeah...Twitter!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Haldon

last bit....still in Miami...still doing lots of drug defense

actually got an open offer to practice with an attorney in NY who I have intense respect for, when I was up there for T-5.  He convinced me to take the NY bar, and come up if/whenever I wanted.  I figured that my professional life was not going to get any less hectic, so I might as well take the NY bar now instead of 2-3 years down the road.

although, i'm mildly regretting the decision because its completely kicking my ass right now..i had forgotten what a bear it is to study for the bar....but i told myself i'd give it 2 chances (feb and july) and see what happens

ALady

Very cool!  Sounds like a unique opportunity...hope it all pans out for you in the best possible way!   :beer:

(typed as I'm sitting next to some poor bastage miserably staring at his Contracts book on the train...man, I do NOT miss those days at all!)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

Quote from: ALady on Jan 25, 2011, 09:07 AM
Very cool!  Sounds like a unique opportunity...hope it all pans out for you in the best possible way!   :beer:

(typed as I'm sitting next to some poor bastage miserably staring at his Contracts book on the train...man, I do NOT miss those days at all!)

ohhhh can i tell the story one more time of how i missed my first ever law school exam review (Contracts) for the MMJ Roseland Ballroom show and got a D! the things i sacrifice...contracts is awful! offer-acceptance-consideration. yuck.

yeah good luck choder and haldon----(haldon, awesome if you were moving here!)

kydiddle

Quote from: Haldon on Jan 24, 2011, 02:39 PM

I have no doubt that's how it went.  :beer:
Cow temperature.

br00ke

señor tom in the studio ..

Penny Lane