The Band's Twitter Account

Started by Haldon, Jan 13, 2011, 08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

korief

The tweets give the impression that sometimes the boys do them themselves (photo of the church with Rev. Ike quote), and sometimes their handlers do them (Pooch and Denise). I really liked the photo of the church with the Rev. Ike quote because it made me feel like I was adventuring with them, seeing what they see. I'd like the tweets to be more "seeing what they see."

members only jacket

When you put it on, something happens.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 19, 2011, 01:03 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 19, 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 18, 2011, 11:02 PM
Oxen = How Could I Know?

Newbies!  ::)

;)
Alright, winking emoticons aside, enlighten me.  I think I heard that somewhere, but can't recall.  Alternate title?  Code name?  Just curious.
I don't know how the name "Oxen" specifically came about, but the reason is that confusion arose with it and How Do You Know on setlists, so they started calling it by a different name. Check out the 2004-05-28 Toronto show for a nice explanation from Jim hisownself.

Also, I believe it was labeled "Oxen" on the T5 setlist! Is that right, Penny? (Edit: I see in the T5 pix and vids thread that it was indeed.)
r
Yeah I found it intresting it was still being called oxen at T5. I love that song.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

e_wind

does anyone think its weird that they're posting what appears to be a set list full of almost all songs from Z? Its really short too. So what is it, an old set list they found lying around? If its current, it has to be for some special event. They aren't going to go into a regular show in 2011 and play that set list. And I don't see them going into the studio in 2011 and practicing those songs for the shit of it.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 19, 2011, 01:03 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 19, 2011, 12:19 PM
Quote from: aMillionDreams on Jan 18, 2011, 11:02 PM
Oxen = How Could I Know?

Newbies!  ::)

;)
Alright, winking emoticons aside, enlighten me.  I think I heard that somewhere, but can't recall.  Alternate title?  Code name?  Just curious.
I don't know how the name "Oxen" specifically came about, but the reason is that confusion arose with it and How Do You Know on setlists, so they started calling it by a different name. Check out the 2004-05-28 Toronto show for a nice explanation from Jim hisownself.

Also, I believe it was labeled "Oxen" on the T5 setlist! Is that right, Penny? (Edit: I see in the T5 pix and vids thread that it was indeed.)
Thanks Chris.  Makes sense. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

kydiddle

Reading through this thread makes me feel like I just watched an episode of Lost. I enjoyed it, but it didn't answer any questions.
Cow temperature.

darkglow

Oxen is just another name, just as It beats for you was also known as space heart configuration 52(not sure the exact number?) in A minor as stated during a bit of banter in a show back when. Perhaps we'll never know the true story behind the name Oxen, but I still call it Oxen to this day because by the time it was recorded for real it was all i'd known it by.

That "setlist" picture looks like some sharpie scribbling done on a piece of 2"x4" wood or something. Probably in the cabin at Allair Studios or during a rehearsal somewhere else before Z was recorded. Just my guessing.. probably not true. Kind of a nostalgic picture in my opinion. Makes me want to go back and watch the "Z" EPK video. Anyone remember the camera shot that panned over a listing of songs they were working on and noticing a few of the songs that didn't make the cut (one being Devil's Peanut Butter) which saw the light of day but I don't remember if any others ever did.

Crispy

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 19, 2011, 04:02 PM
Oxen is just another name, just as It beats for you was also known as space heart configuration 52(not sure the exact number?) in A minor as stated during a bit of banter in a show back when. Perhaps we'll never know the true story behind the name Oxen, but I still call it Oxen to this day because by the time it was recorded for real it was all i'd known it by.
I meant to say something about It Beats 4 U and its funny alternative titles! I've heard a couple of different ones for it, including this gem from Boulder in 2004: "Space Manner Transgression Policy #29 in B-Flat Major"...

I vaguely remember what you're talking about in that video, I need to take a look at that again too.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

touchingmept2

http://www.cremebrulog.com/
Saw the link when I was twittering and wondered if anyone else knew about this.
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

BH

Quote1.lets say m. ward reviews a brulee and gives it 135700655789 logs. then lets say some reader disagree's and decides they want to subtract 27638490 logs from m's review. the log score would then be 135673017299. but if the reader agreed with m's review they could add logs as well, thus making it a higher overall log score.

2.this will go on thruout the ages- until the end of time, or the end of the internet, whichever should happen first.

3.THEN as the world is ending god will tally up the total points- thus giving us the true champion brulee of all time!

;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: touchingmept2 on Jan 19, 2011, 09:47 PM
WTF?  Its like Removador for dessert.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bluesky

The image of the Rev Ike quote is from the United Palace in NYC. I am assuming Jim took that back in the autumn of 2009 when Monsters of Folk played there.

Quote from: Leave it to Bieber on Jan 19, 2011, 01:04 PM
The tweets give the impression that sometimes the boys do them themselves (photo of the church with Rev. Ike quote), and sometimes their handlers do them (Pooch and Denise). I really liked the photo of the church with the Rev. Ike quote because it made me feel like I was adventuring with them, seeing what they see. I'd like the tweets to be more "seeing what they see."

br00ke

Quote from: bluesky on Jan 19, 2011, 10:51 PM
The image of the Rev Ike quote is from the United Palace in NYC. I am assuming Jim took that back in the autumn of 2009 when Monsters of Folk played there.

that place is so gorgeous !! oh you know who i honest to goodness literally ran into at that show?! BILL MURRY. he was wearing a fedora.

mlwar51

It is a way for them to be private but still be out there for us crazy fans that want to follow them! Keep it discrete and and interesting! :thumbsup:
a kitten on fire, baby in a blender....

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Jan 19, 2011, 10:18 PM
Quote1.lets say m. ward reviews a brulee and gives it 135700655789 logs. then lets say some reader disagree's and decides they want to subtract 27638490 logs from m's review. the log score would then be 135673017299. but if the reader agreed with m's review they could add logs as well, thus making it a higher overall log score.

2.this will go on thruout the ages- until the end of time, or the end of the internet, whichever should happen first.

3.THEN as the world is ending god will tally up the total points- thus giving us the true champion brulee of all time!

;D

Hahaha, oooh I like it! ;D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

danz

ALady

Oh man.

I love this, like...a lot.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

kydiddle

Quote from: ALady on Jan 20, 2011, 02:06 PM

Oh man.

I love this, like...a lot.

Quoteat first the cream of her enchanted flan fills my mouth- tastebuds and tearducts flood with joy and i feel the eggs in their primitive state, knowing both at once the potential that is carried in any egg, and the full realization of what an egg, whipped into shape, can become...i carry the egg in my mouth for awhile like an expectant mother...then send it down with the pride of a parent watching their little egg pass the bar exam..

Can't stop laughing.  ;D
Cow temperature.

touchingmept2

The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.