The Band's Twitter Account

Started by Haldon, Jan 13, 2011, 08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jones

Quote from: br00ke on Feb 03, 2011, 12:34 PM

Look, Patrick must be sending Sticky one of those band update tetxts texts he is always talking about!

HighlySuspicious

Taking a break from the awesome studio shots:

Dondante

"Nice one Scott"

el_chode

Quote from: flyguy on Feb 03, 2011, 03:15 PM
Quote from: br00ke on Feb 03, 2011, 12:34 PM

Look, Patrick must be sending Sticky one of those band update tetxts he is always talking about!

Actually, I think he's like "no wait, Bo, I've got a great little mini-synth here on my iPhone, let's just use that instead"
I'm surrounded by assholes

johnnYYac

From Tommy's Twitter account today:

Thanks guys. It's great to be back. I'll have commemorative "Who? Oh the bass player? Whatever" shirts available in my webstore soon.

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

Quote from: HighlySuspicious on Feb 03, 2011, 04:29 PM
Taking a break from the awesome studio shots:

Dondante

"Nice one Scott"

OK.... that.

I....

Face....

.....melt.

That pulls on some godgiven heartstrings. If tears didn't even well up in my eyes...... that was like watching so many things at once. I'm not sure I should try to describe it any more than that..... man.
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

br00ke

HighlySuspicious

Quote from: br00ke on Feb 04, 2011, 02:56 PM

There's something about that man when he smiles...so beautiful....These studio shots just never cease to completely make my day!  I think it's incredibly generous and thoughtful of them to let us in on such a magical process.  Also, I just like seeing them in situations where they're not specifically performing, where they're hanging out and creating together.  It's a beautiful thing!

johnnYYac

So, how about a contest?  Who or what is Jim looking at that makes him smile so much?

My guess...

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 04, 2011, 05:34 PM
So, how about a contest?  Who or what is Jim looking at that makes him smile so much?

My guess...

;D
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

Y'know, Haldon, its hard to say for sure, but since your comment that started this thread, the random art pics have been replaced with exactly what you (and we) asked for.  If you were the catalyst, thank you.  If the band was "listening", thank you.   Can't wait to hear what you've come up with in that space.  May 17 sounds good to me. :thumbsup:

el_chode

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 04, 2011, 05:34 PM

My guess...

First of all, that is one of my all-time favorite B&J flavors. That and oatmeal cookie I will give a nut for.

Second, I think you're right about the contest, but I think they need to be caption contests, and winner gets a free box set of T5 recordings

Crispy

Firstly, let's not go overboard giving props to Haldon -- all we need is that guy becoming even more aware of his awesomeness. ;)

Secondly, Creme Brulee Ben and Jerry's?! /head explodes/ Incidentally, my favorite B&J flavor of all time was Wild Maine Blueberry, about 20 years retired now, I think. Which is a good thing, because I would have expired long ago due to arteries clogged up tighter than Patrick's drums.

Thirdly, I like your idea choder, I want that inevitable T5 box set in my hands!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

darkglow

johnnyYac is the king of derailing threads

johnnYYac

Quote from: darkglow on Feb 06, 2011, 06:34 AM
johnnyYac is the king of derailing threads
Yes!  Bow down before me!

Er, what were we talking about?

...Anyway, have you guys seen all of the cool in-studio shots the band is posting on Twitter?  Awesome!

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

EasyRyder

So either Tom's cleaning an amp, or they're recording a few tracks in the lavatory???  :o
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

el_chode

There's some sort of video game secret code embedded on the amp. It's not the Konami Code. Is that how you unlock unlimited bass bombs?

el_chode

darkglow

choder this pic got retweeted by the band's twitter.. great work, lad.