Jim James on Sirius PJ radio?

Started by jo_mama, Jan 24, 2011, 10:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jo_mama

Last night around 9:30 est I was in a bar and they had the PJ sirius channel on. In between songs someone was being interviewed and it sounded a lot like Jim James. Anyone know if he was on there last night?

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

el_chode

Yeah they bumped Jam_ON to one of the gospel stations and put 24 pearl jam radio in honor of 20th anniversary of Ten

I'm a bit pissed about that because (a) Pearl Jam does not need their own radio station and (b) don't fuck with Jam_ON after you fucked with literally every other good station on there except for 25.

It could have been Yim, but it also could have been Stef Scamardo talkign about Warren Haynes because that's her entire job at Sirius.

Disclaimer: I'm bitter and just canceled my Sirius after nearly 6 years of loyal service
I'm surrounded by assholes

e_wind

If it was him then +1 point for MMJ playin pj's festival
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

jo_mama

I think it was him because PJ's bass player Jeff Ament who was doing the interview and I remember a couple years back in their annual newsletter there was a section with Jim being interviewed and Jeff was the one who did it.

APR

I heard him on there once.  It was in between songs and he said something like......Hi.  This is Yim Yames, and I hardly ever listen to Pearl Jam radio.  That is practially a direct quote.  He did say Yim, and it was funny.
Jeff Ament did interview him years ago for one of PJ's newsletters, but I don't know of any audio interview.

ALady

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 24, 2011, 12:40 PM
(a) Pearl Jam does not need their own radio station

Sit down.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

el_chode

Quote from: ALady on Jan 24, 2011, 07:13 PM

Sit down.

Did they start playing bootlegs yet? Because the short while I listened to it, it didn't really do anything special.

tdb810

Yeah they bumped Jam_ON to one of the gospel stations and put 24 pearl jam radio in honor of 20th anniversary of Ten

I'm a bit pissed about that because (a) Pearl Jam does not need their own radio station and (b) don't fuck with Jam_ON after you fucked with literally every other good station on there except for 25.

It could have been Yim, but it also could have been Stef Scamardo talkign about Warren Haynes because that's her entire job at Sirius.

Disclaimer: I'm bitter and just canceled my Sirius after nearly 6 years of loyal service

hey, i still have Jam_On....but mine is XM....is there a difference? I have had this explained to me a few times, but still don't really get it.  Did you cancel because of PJ radio?  I think it's kind of neat.....overall though, I must say, after the initial excitement over satellite radio, I have found that I am having a tough time listening to anything on a very regular basis. 

Except of course, radio Disney.  Which BTW -- had a Grace Potter song ranked at #14 in their top #30 this week.  What is going on?  weird.
.....Back at the Model Home

Seeker

[/quote]

Except of course, radio Disney.  Which BTW -- had a Grace Potter song ranked at #14 in their top #30 this week.  What is going on?  weird.
[/quote]

Grace Potter & Nocturnals has a song in the closing credits of Tangled. Also their label is owned by Disney.

el_chode

Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 24, 2011, 08:35 PM

hey, i still have Jam_On....but mine is XM....is there a difference? I have had this explained to me a few times, but still don't really get it.  Did you cancel because of PJ radio?  I think it's kind of neat.....overall though, I must say, after the initial excitement over satellite radio, I have found that I am having a tough time listening to anything on a very regular basis. 

My reasons for canceling are many. Jam_ON still exists, but it's like channel 83 now, so I had to re-program my thinger to make it work. I'm just annoyed over all, and I used to be a rabid fan of the service and at one point paid for a total of 3 accounts.

If you're an XM person, you weren't around for the big debacle when Sirius changed their programming prior to the merger. Sirius pissed a LOT of people off by dropping a few stations, and that amounted to like 75% of my decision and lots of little things since then have pushed me closer to cancellation.

I don't hate the idea of a PJ station, but don't push around Jam_ON. I always said that if Sirius messed with Jam_ON or Little Steven's Garage I was gone. This wasn't the exact way that I meant, but it was enough taken with everything else that I was done with them

johnnYYac

I hear your frustration, Choder.  I like the Sirius unit I've got.  Its residing in its second Subaru and has a lifetime subscription that cost me $400 about 6 years ago.  Still going strong and also wired into the 7.1 system at home.  I program the unit with artists' names, to alert me whenever MMJ or a number of other bands, etc. come up on ANY Sirius station.  Its pretty cool, like when Mahgeetah comes up on Jam On, or a Monsters of Folk pops up on some folky station.  It turns my Sirius into a cross between Pandora and my mp3 player on shuffle.  In between, I listen to Sirius Left a lot, some NFL Network during the season, the Grateful Dead channel, of course.  And, yes, Radio Disney.  I've got three little girls to keep entertained for long drives.  I just hate when I get some shitty song like "Whip My Hair" stuck in my head! 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

tdb810

Quote from: johnnYYac on Jan 24, 2011, 09:42 PM
I hear your frustration, Choder.  I like the Sirius unit I've got.  Its residing in its second Subaru and has a lifetime subscription that cost me $400 about 6 years ago.  Still going strong and also wired into the 7.1 system at home.  I program the unit with artists' names, to alert me whenever MMJ or a number of other bands, etc. come up on ANY Sirius station.  Its pretty cool, like when Mahgeetah comes up on Jam On, or a Monsters of Folk pops up on some folky station.  It turns my Sirius into a cross between Pandora and my mp3 player on shuffle.  In between, I listen to Sirius Left a lot, some NFL Network during the season, the Grateful Dead channel, of course.  And, yes, Radio Disney.  I've got three little girls to keep entertained for long drives.  I just hate when I get some shitty song like "Whip My Hair" stuck in my head!

Haaaaa I was ranting about that song as I whipped my hair back on forth while dropping my daughter off at school.....
Yah, and I am all new to satellite....it was in the car I bought last year.  I do remember friends who were caught up in that merger and were not too thrilled.

Yes, Seeker, must reAlized that song was in tangled....was totally stunned when my 8 yr old was belting it out and saying that ,"grace potter is AWWWWWWWWWWSOME!"

el_chode

I'll admit...when I have disposable income again I might go back if its still around. Jam_ON was playing more and more MMJ songs, and not just Okonokos cuts either, but a few from thunderdome/return to thunderdome as well. Plus, they did stream the Oregon Trail performance.

But right now, I"m just bitter that Jam_ON is no longer with the other stations I frequently listen to and the classic rock radio is unlistenable.

ALady

Quote from: el_chode on Jan 24, 2011, 07:56 PM

Sit down.

Did they start playing bootlegs yet? Because the short while I listened to it, it didn't really do anything special.

Don't know, never listened to it.  Just responding to the general sentiment.  :bath:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

Penny Lane

Sit down.

;D ..and go watch Seinfeld!!   ;)

(kidding..... wuv you, chode)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kydiddle

I don't know about the Yim Yames thing, but the PJ radio station has made me so, so, so happy. I love the old shows. Great stuff.  It's the one station that can pull me away from Howard Stern. Yeah, that's right...Stern rules.

BABA BOOEY BABA BOOEY!!!!
Cow temperature.

tdb810

Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 25, 2011, 09:29 AM
I don't know about the Yim Yames thing, but the PJ radio station has made me so, so, so happy. I love the old shows. Great stuff.  It's the one station that can pull me away from Howard Stern. Yeah, that's right...Stern rules.

See, now I haven't listened to Stern since he was free......and I am seriously thinking I need to add him.  I know, I know, I'm a little slow....I personally credit Howard Stern for getting me through a 1 hour commute to the depths of hell when I was working at an awful (and when i say awful, i mean AWFUL) place in Newark....he was the one thing that made me smile in between bouts of panic and nausea :) I owe him!

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Jan 25, 2011, 10:09 AM
Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 25, 2011, 09:29 AM

See, now I haven't listened to Stern since he was free......and I am seriously thinking I need to add him.  I know, I know, I'm a little slow....I personally credit Howard Stern for getting me through a 1 hour commute to the depths of hell when I was working at an awful (and when i say awful, i mean AWFUL) place in Newark....he was the one thing that made me smile in between bouts of panic and nausea :) I owe him!

i miss howard!!...fa fa fooey....
i'll never forget when he spanked that woman with the fish..i knew i'd found a home..(sniffle sniffle)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kydiddle

Huzzah....fellow Stern ladies.  :thumbsup: Sometimes I feel like such a strange broad for thinking he's so great while most women cry "PIG!" when they hear Howard Stern's name.

The show is still hysterical and does make long drives easier...I feel you on that tdb. A little pricey, though...
Cow temperature.