What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghosts_on_TV

Fucked Up- David Comes to Life
Bon Iver- Bon Iver, Bon Iver (This is the proper name of this, right?)
Title Fight- Shed (Local Hardcore/Punk band)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

DewieCox

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jun 27, 2011, 08:13 PM
New Wilco 7" and a limited edition 2x7" from Dr. Dog

That Dr. Dog was a big letdown for me. Got it last year on Record Store Day think it would be similar to their 2 recent albums, which I love. I just can't get into it.

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

YouAre_GivenToFly

Ruckus... you're gonna love that Booker T. album....  :thumbsup:
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

G_Wil

Kind of opposite of the post but the first album I bought and still one of my favorites

King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

woodnymph

Quote from: G_Wil on Jun 30, 2011, 07:04 PM
Kind of opposite of the post but the first album I bought and still one of my favorites

SOLID
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

Ruckus

Quote from: woodnymph on Jun 30, 2011, 07:11 PM
Quote from: G_Wil on Jun 30, 2011, 07:04 PM

SOLID
a Classic :thumbsup:

jones

ManNamedTruth

Tom Waits  - Mule Variations
and a bunch of MMJ that i listed in the music section.
There were so many records I wanted but had to pass on -  Doolittle, Surfer Rosa, Loaded, OK Computer, I gotta make another run in another month or so.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

DewieCox

I bought my 3rd Man Vault package #8 a few months ago, but it finally came today.
:D

the_wizzard

This weekend I picked up:

Rome (Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi)
Rave On Buddy Holly
The Road From Memphis (Booker T Jones)

And when we went the the Bay for the Fox show, we made the obligatory trip to Amoeba.  I barely scratched the surface there, because I found all these gems in the clearance section (all for the low, low price of $10.89  :o):

Another Night 12" single (Aretha Franklin)
I Feel Like Making Love (Roberta Flack)
Sneaking Sally Through the Alley (Robert Palmer)
Rufus feat. Chaka Khan
The Inner Mounting Flame (Mahavishnu Orchestra)
Solid 12" single (Ashford and Simpson)
Flashdance...What A Feeling (remix) 12" single (Irene Cara)
Rocking Soul (The Hues Corporation)
Let's Put it All Together (The Stylistics)
Understanding (Bobby Womack)

littleacorn

Quote from: DewieCox on Jul 02, 2011, 08:20 PM
I bought my 3rd Man Vault package #8 a few months ago, but it finally came today.
:D

Got mine over the weekend can not wait to finish my house project so I can sit down and listen to it properly
mmj blew my brain to bits on 6-17-11,8-22-12, 6-11-15, 5-28-16, 5-29-16

Ruckus

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Jun 30, 2011, 03:30 PM
Though I haven't received the vinyl in the mail yet, I've been diggin on it for sure.  What a great party album!  The Biz kills it! ;D

ManNamedTruth

I had to return Chocolate and Ice because it was cracked :( , got OK Computer in exchange. Sounds awesome on vinyl.

Ruckus

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 06, 2011, 10:51 PM
Though I haven't received the vinyl in the mail yet, I've been diggin on it for sure.  What a great party album!  The Biz kills it! ;D
So I was listening to the vinyl this weekend and the mp3 download is so much better!  It sucks.  The vinyl doesn't have the Biz Markie track or the Seed 3.0. :-\

I just picked up:

Oh yeah...and finally this ::)

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 19, 2011, 10:24 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Jul 06, 2011, 10:51 PM
So I was listening to the vinyl this weekend and the mp3 download is so much better!  It sucks.  The vinyl doesn't have the Biz Markie track or the Seed 3.0. :-\

I just picked up:

Oh yeah...and finally this ::)

I'm surprised to see Def Leppard, I've hated them ever since I heard the singer say Neil Young was the worst guitarist and vocalist he ever heard. Not that I liked their music to begin with.

searchinbig

Wow did I get lucky. Just scored an absolutely mint copy of All Things Must Pass, Original pressing, complete with all sleeves and poster, unfolded. Looks brand new! Stoked!!!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

headhunter

Quote from: searchinbig on Jul 20, 2011, 07:06 AM
Wow did I get lucky. Just scored an absolutely mint copy of All Things Must Pass, Original pressing, complete with all sleeves and poster, unfolded. Looks brand new! Stoked!!!

one of the greatest by one of the greatest.  this is one of my favorites from my collection and it never misses a season without getting played.  enjoy and congrats on the great find.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

kotchishm

Quote from: headhunter on Jul 20, 2011, 09:26 AM
Quote from: searchinbig on Jul 20, 2011, 07:06 AM

one of the greatest by one of the greatest.  this is one of my favorites from my collection and it never misses a season without getting played.  enjoy and congrats on the great find.

I lucked out with that one recently too I found it at a record shop before the lady had a chance to price it (had just been brought in I guess) got it for $20 original pressing sounds great.  Best day EVER.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf