What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blucas

It would be nirvana to have a collection that included all of these albums...too bad there can't be an MMJ site music commune where we all take our shoes off and listen to everyone's music.  Loving the artwork too.

My most recent purchase is a limited edition, 2 record combo set of Alice in Chains "Jar of Flies" and "Sap" EP's, both of which would be worthy additions to a perfect '10' EP thread. 

I gotta get a damn turntable soon or I'm gonna lose it!!!
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

Fully

I hear you, blucas. I've got an old, old turntable that I use. When I say old, I mean that it is a school record player probably from the early 1960's. It has a short in the volume control, but the music surprisingly still sounds better than listening to digital music.

Today I went to Grimey's in Nashville and bought the following:

While I was in there, The Black Belles, a Third Man Records act, was in there having a photoshoot. They had all of their white face makeup on and their black and white outfits with big floppy hats. They are very young. It sounded like they had been at The Basement filming music videos. I've never actually heard anything by them. But I thought it was neat seeing a new young band doing promotional stuff.

j_rud

Beyond ecstatic right now...

Fate is out of print and really hard to find. It wasn't cheap (some trades softened the blow) but I couldn't walk out of the store without it because I really had no idea when I'd find it again.  Can't even find it online. And Summerteeth too? Holy shit. I shouldn't be this happy about a couple of records but Im tap dancing right now.
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

YouAre_GivenToFly

Neil Young's collab with Pearl Jam... I am beside myself. After trading in old CDs it cost me $27. Usually goes for around $70.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

jcoyote

I picked up that Alabama Shakes album at lunch.  Can't wait to break it open tomorrow night for "New Music Friday Night" on the back porch.  It does come w/ the 7" but I have not opened it yet.  Best Buy dot com was absolutely killing it earlier in the week/last week.  I actually ordered the 180g pressing of Valleys of Neptune for $1.99+tax w/ free shipping!! 

j_rud

Didn't think Corndawg would have any vinyl at his shows, glad to see I was wrong...

Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

YouAre_GivenToFly

After being quite impressed with their live show on Wednesday night, I ordered White Denim's Live at Third Man. Can't wait for it to arrive.

johnnYYac

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
After being quite impressed with their live show on Wednesday night, I ordered White Denim's Live at Third Man. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Where did you end up ordering from, out of curiosity?
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Third Man's webstore. Pretty excellent selection and good prices.

johnnYYac

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
I guess if I'd paid more attention to the title I'd have figured that out.  Thanks!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

wolof7

Quote from: j_rud on Apr 07, 2012, 11:11 AM
Didn't think Corndawg would have any vinyl at his shows, glad to see I was wrong...

....jealous, love this album!
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 13, 2012, 05:19 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 13, 2012, 02:18 PM
I guess if I'd paid more attention to the title I'd have figured that out.  Thanks!

No problemo! Apparently its also half black/half blue... which is awesome.

Dillsnufus

Quote from: j_rud on Dec 28, 2011, 03:20 PM
Picked this up today, been after it since I started with vinyl. Found it in the "new used" section, interestingly enough it looks like someone broke up their Heady Nuggs box set. Why I have no idea, but their  bad decision is my gain...

they released this in February and used the same labels as the heavy nuggs box set.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

TheThird

"151a" by Kishi Bashi. Looking back, I don't know how I found this or really what possessed me to buy it, but it's ended up being a pretty good surprise and I think it will be a fine summer album. I'd at least give it a try.
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

blucas

soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

ralph

At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Nice! Mirror Ball and No Code are tough finds

Dillsnufus

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 21, 2012, 08:49 AM

and yield isn't?  super jealous. though that must have cost you a pretty penny.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 21, 2012, 01:18 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 21, 2012, 08:49 AM

and yield isn't?  super jealous. though that must have cost you a pretty penny.

I just assumed yield was pretty readily available because I have a copy. Apparently I was wrong! haha