What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillsnufus

well if you can show me where i can get it for a good price let me know
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 21, 2012, 08:02 PM
RSD 2012

Are the Juntas both Pollack editions? They're going for over $200 on ebay already. I got mine for $75
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

robb

need a home for that other new multitudes disc?
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

johnnYYac

Quote from: robb on Apr 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
Yes.  PM sent.

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 21, 2012, 08:11 PM
Are the Juntas both Pollack editions? They're going for over $200 on ebay already. I got mine for $75
Yeah, they're both Pollacks.  $75.99 at Newbury Comics in Leominster, MA.  They had quite a few.  The Blunderbuss vinyl was a nice surprise, as was the Mermaid Ave. CD set.  Had to go to my former employer for the M. Ward single, which he held for me.  e_wind gets the Vedder 7". 

Dillsnufus

i'm gonna regret not getting the tupelo records.
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
Yes.  PM sent.

Yeah, they're both Pollacks.  $75.99 at Newbury Comics in Leominster, MA.  They had quite a few, but I spent damn near $400 as it is.  The Blunderbuss vinyl was a nice surprise, as was the Mermaid Ave. CD set.  Had to go to my former employer for the M. Ward single, which he held for me.  e_wind gets the Vedder 7".

What's that on the bottom right?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 21, 2012, 07:11 PM
well if you can show me where i can get it for a good price let me know

Got mine as a gift 8 or 9 years ago... but I'll keep my eye out. I'm shocked its worth as much as it is (~$70 on ebay)... I had no idea.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

johnnYYac

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 21, 2012, 10:07 PM
Yes.  PM sent.

Yeah, they're both Pollacks.  $75.99 at Newbury Comics in Leominster, MA.  They had quite a few, but I spent damn near $400 as it is.  The Blunderbuss vinyl was a nice surprise, as was the Mermaid Ave. CD set.  Had to go to my former employer for the M. Ward single, which he held for me.  e_wind gets the Vedder 7".

What's that on the bottom right?

EDIT: nevermind, figured it out.
Everyone needs a 40-minute Dark Star!  This performance will be exactly 40 years old in 12 days!

Im The Dude

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 21, 2012, 09:20 PM

The 7 inch set is what I got. It comes with a download code which I haven't been able to use. The singles sound great! The other albums I'll try to get off another site someday.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Ruckus

Quote from: Im The Dude on Apr 22, 2012, 01:52 AM
Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 21, 2012, 09:20 PM

The 7 inch set is what I got. It comes with a download code which I haven't been able to use. The singles sound great! The other albums I'll try to get off another site someday.
Yeah Dills.   I'm assuming you meant the 7 inch set.  As dude said, the 12"s will be available soon in quantity.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

johnnYYac

I ended up getting all three Uncle Tupelo reissues.  I've only listened to "March 16-20, 1992" so far, but DAMN is it good!   :thumbsup:

No download or CD, though.  :( 

ManNamedTruth

Went back to the record store to get Blunderbuss and see what was leftover from RSD. They had the Hand Springs 45 I was looking for that they said came in today. Also grabbed Exile, and Turbo Fruits at the Deer Tick show. No more vinyl for me for awhile.

[

ManNamedTruth

Turbo Fruits is skipping a lot, can't make it past track one.  :(

lg015

The Black Keys-Chulahoma
The Black Keys-El Camino
Sufjan Stevens-Michigan
Radiohead-Ok Computer

Just started really collecting over the past year, have gotten around 30 total, I just want to be able one day to only listen to Vinyl, and nothing else.

Ruckus

Yes.  PM sent.

Yeah, they're both Pollacks.  $75.99 at Newbury Comics in Leominster, MA.  They had quite a few.  The Blunderbuss vinyl was a nice surprise, as was the Mermaid Ave. CD set.  Had to go to my former employer for the M. Ward single, which he held for me.  e_wind gets the Vedder 7".
That's so bad ass you got ewind the Vedder 7".   8)  I'm guessing that was quite the hot commodity?

Im The Dude

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
Yes.  PM sent.

That's so bad ass you got ewind the Vedder 7".   8)  I'm guessing that was quite the hot commodity?

Yea, well done johnny. I don't think any store in Pittsburgh got that one.

Johnny, those Uncle Tupelo albums are on my list to get. March 92 is one of my favorite albums. Glad you like it. If you or anyone else sees the 7 inch set GET IT! They give you a small poster and download card for all the songs in the set. Two of which are old demos they made into a new single to promote the re-releases and re-release of "No Depression" 2 CD set (which I can't seem to find out any info on, all I know is it comes out May 2012).
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Ruckus

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 25, 2012, 08:27 AM

How badass is the Hush Arbors/Arbouretum album, Ruckus? I've been debating whether I should get it or not.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
Yes.  PM sent.

There was only one at the store in Mass. and I knew Eric mentioned it, so I snagged it for $7.  Seems to be going for over $20 on eBay.  A lot of RSD releases are rising in value.