What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Quote from: Im The Dude on Apr 25, 2012, 08:27 AM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 25, 2012, 08:19 AM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 21, 2012, 08:28 PM
Quote from: robb on Apr 21, 2012, 08:25 PM
need a home for that other new multitudes disc?
Yes.  PM sent.

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 21, 2012, 08:11 PM
Are the Juntas both Pollack editions? They're going for over $200 on ebay already. I got mine for $75
Yeah, they're both Pollacks.  $75.99 at Newbury Comics in Leominster, MA.  They had quite a few.  The Blunderbuss vinyl was a nice surprise, as was the Mermaid Ave. CD set.  Had to go to my former employer for the M. Ward single, which he held for me.  e_wind gets the Vedder 7".
That's so bad ass you got ewind the Vedder 7".   8)  I'm guessing that was quite the hot commodity?

Yea, well done johnny. I don't think any store in Pittsburgh got that one.

Johnny, those Uncle Tupelo albums are on my list to get. March 92 is one of my favorite albums. Glad you like it. If you or anyone else sees the 7 inch set GET IT! They give you a small poster and download card for all the songs in the set. Two of which are old demos they made into a new single to promote the re-releases and re-release of "No Depression" 2 CD set (which I can't seem to find out any info on, all I know is it comes out May 2012).
The Uncle Tupelo 7" set was going for around $40-45.  What does it have beyond the three reissues to justify the cost?  Just wondering, as I'm hearing Uncle Tupelo for the first time this week and have spend mucho $$$, but my "local" shop had a couple of the 7" boxes left on Sunday...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Im The Dude

Johnny,

It's worth it if you like what you've heard on the LPs. I've been trying to get a complete set of their vinyl. The set has all their singles in it:

I Got Drunk/Sin City
Gun/I Wanna Destroy You
Sauget Wind/Looking For A Way Out (acoustic) /Take My Word
That Year (1988 Demo)/ Pickle River (1987 Demo) Only released in this set!
Plus Download card and small poster.

I got mine for $35. To get each of the first 3 of ebay would cost at least $25 each for original releases. Sauget Wind is a great song, so that was one of the big reasons I got it.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Fully

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Apr 24, 2012, 10:28 PM
Turbo Fruits is skipping a lot, can't make it past track one.  :(
Old school tip: tape a nickel on the head of your arm. Works every time. I had the same problem with my Dr. John LP.

headhunter

Quote from: Fully on Apr 25, 2012, 12:41 PM
Old school tip: tape a nickel on the head of your arm. Works every time. I had the same problem with my Dr. John LP.

once upon a time i used to do this too but now that i know better, NOT recommended.  You can end up damaging the record and worse, might damage the cartridge.

Might be better to give a good cleaning and try again.  If the problem continues, skip the track or buy another copy.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 25, 2012, 01:22 PM
Quote from: Fully on Apr 25, 2012, 12:41 PM

once upon a time i used to do this too but now that i know better, NOT recommended.  You can end up damaging the record and worse, might damage the cartridge.

Might be better to give a good cleaning and try again.  If the problem continues, skip the track or buy another copy.

I tried cleaning it already and it didn't work. My other records work so I know it's not the turntable. It was actually side 2 that skipped, the sides aren't marked so I'll give both sides a try.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

e_wind

Ralph, YAGTF, other Pearl Jam peeps. Does anyone know anything about the latest Ten repress. About a year ago I bought Ten from my local shop and it had a sticker that said "classic Limited Album" or something. I just assumed it was some mass repress, but there are some on eBay for close to 100$. Can someone set me straight?

And I happen to be given an original pressing of Vitology. Is that worth anything? I believe (I was like 6 so I can't be sure) that it was super widely available because it was released as vinyl first.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

jcoyote

Hello, All.

In regard to the Uncle Tupelo releases, PopMarket has them for about $21/free shipping.  Then put in "Save10now" to get 10%.  Grand Total, $19+ to your doorstep!

Wilco World also has a deal on the 3 album UT package, but not as good as PopMarket. 

Was going to pick up "Summerteeth" form $14 (WOW!), but they wanted $8.95 to ship it (WOW!)

I would rather pay the $24.95 @ my shop. 

Fully

Quote from: jcoyote on Apr 26, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hello, All.

In regard to the Uncle Tupelo releases, PopMarket has them for about $21/free shipping.  Then put in "Save10now" to get 10%.  Grand Total, $19+ to your doorstep!

Wilco World also has a deal on the 3 album UT package, but not as good as PopMarket. 

Was going to pick up "Summerteeth" form $14 (WOW!), but they wanted $8.95 to ship it (WOW!)

I would rather pay the $24.95 @ my shop.

Thanks for passing that along! :beer:

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 26, 2012, 02:05 PM
Ralph, YAGTF, other Pearl Jam peeps. Does anyone know anything about the latest Ten repress. About a year ago I bought Ten from my local shop and it had a sticker that said "classic Limited Album" or something. I just assumed it was some mass repress, but there are some on eBay for close to 100$. Can someone set me straight?

And I happen to be given an original pressing of Vitology. Is that worth anything? I believe (I was like 6 so I can't be sure) that it was super widely available because it was released as vinyl first.

Original pressing of Vitalogy (Epic – 66900) isn't very rare. Goes for about $20 on ebay.

Is your copy of ten the remastered version? I'm nearly certain PJ re-released that as a box set on vinyl with a copy of the original on one LP and the Brendan O'Brien remastered version on another LP. If you have the catalog number (usually printed on the spine) that would help.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Ruckus

Quote from: Fully on Apr 25, 2012, 10:12 AM
How badass is the Hush Arbors/Arbouretum album, Ruckus? I've been debating whether I should get it or not.

I think it is excellent Fully.  This was my introduction to Hush Arbors and they are very good as well.  They have a much more folky/American classic rock sound and find their side enjoyable.  Arbouretum never really branches out to much from their current comfort zone sound perfected in the Gathering.  If you wanted to just purchase one of their vinyls, I'd go Song of the Pearl or Gathering first but if you are looking for new material, this split is a great purchase all around. :thumbsup:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Fully

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 26, 2012, 03:29 PM
Quote from: Fully on Apr 25, 2012, 10:12 AM
How badass is the Hush Arbors/Arbouretum album, Ruckus? I've been debating whether I should get it or not.

I think it is excellent Fully.  This was my introduction to Hush Arbors and they are very good as well.  They have a much more folky/American classic rock sound and find their side enjoyable.  Arbouretum never really branches out to much from their current comfort zone sound perfected in the Gathering.  If you wanted to just purchase one of their vinyls, I'd go Song of the Pearl or Gathering first but if you are looking for new material, this split is a great purchase all around. :thumbsup:

I've already got Song of the Pearl. I think I'm going to pull the trigger and get this one. There is something about Arbouretum that I really like. They've got that psychedelic hard rock/folk sound that I miss always enjoy. Thanks for giving me your opinion on it. I don't know too many other Arbouretum fans in my mid-forties, mom-with-three-kids life. So it's always nice to  have someone else's opinion

e_wind

Updated RSD haul (not all from RSD)
Junta- Pollock edition
Flaming Lips - Heady Fwends
Alabama Shakes - Boys and Girls
Flaming Lips/Mastadon split 7"
Eddie Vedder 7"
Pearl Jam/REM split 7"
Pearl Jam "classic 7" Immortality/Rearview mirror from an old RSD.
Pearl Jam 10 cassette (for my car)

e_wind

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 26, 2012, 03:22 PM

Original pressing of Vitalogy (Epic – 66900) isn't very rare. Goes for about $20 on ebay.

Is your copy of ten the remastered version? I'm nearly certain PJ re-released that as a box set on vinyl with a copy of the original on one LP and the Brendan O'Brien remastered version on another LP. If you have the catalog number (usually printed on the spine) that would help.
It's not a double LP. The catalogue number (or some number on the side) is SVLP0068

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 26, 2012, 04:36 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 26, 2012, 03:22 PM

It's not a double LP. The catalogue number (or some number on the side) is SVLP0068

http://www.pjcollectors.com/detail.asp?id=1448

http://www.discogs.com/Pearl-Jam-Ten/release/3072121

Boom. 180 gram repress by a label that does this with "Classic" albums. Pretty cool.  :thumbsup:

blucas

soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

e_wind

Pearl jam- I Am Mine 7"

Pearl Jam - Wishlist 7"

YouAre_GivenToFly

Nice! Where did you find that I am Mine single? I just lsitened to Riot Act on my way to work today.

e_wind

eBay 99cents plus 4$ shipping :)

Growing up I liked TEN (like from when I was 6 and my brother would show me a picture of eddie Vedder and if I didn't know his name kick me out of his room ;D), but I never listened to anything else by pearl jam. Ever. Then when Riot Act came out, I bought it, and the rest is history. Its weird, because I know over on the PJ forum Riot Act is usually regarded as the worst album, but I LOVE it. Its probably in my top 3. 1. Yeild 2. Ten 3. Tie between Vs and Riot Act.

I think Thumbing my way is one of the best "mellow" songs PJ has.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
eBay 99cents plus 4$ shipping :)

Growing up I liked TEN (like from when I was 6 and my brother would show me a picture of eddie Vedder and if I didn't know his name kick me out of his room ;D), but I never listened to anything else by pearl jam. Ever. Then when Riot Act came out, I bought it, and the rest is history. Its weird, because I know over on the PJ forum Riot Act is usually regarded as the worst album, but I LOVE it. Its probably in my top 3. 1. Yeild 2. Ten 3. Tie between Vs and Riot Act.

I think Thumbing my way is one of the best "mellow" songs PJ has.

Riot Act was the beginning of my PJ Superfan period as well.

I got "Ten" for christmas in 1997 (I was 11 yrs old). Listened to no other PJ until I got Riot Act when it first came out. Wore that CD out... started listening to everything else. My username here is a combination of my 2 favorite PJ songs at the time.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Did you get the black vinyl or the turquoise for that I am Mine? If you scored that turquoise for 99 cents, that was the deal of the century!