What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crispy

Finally got this:

but also this, mint, for $3!

and these:

I went on a serious binge.

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

e_wind

I bought In Rainbows yesterday only because it was priced wrong and 10$. And this record store next to my house is way expensive usually.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

sweatboard

WTF!!!!!

For Real?  .....seriously is that real life?
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

Why did the GD do a disco album?  I must have it NOW!!!!

sweatboard

Did the Bee Gees sue them over this?

he.who.forgets

Led Zep - In Through the Out Door
Carole King - Tapestry
Black Flag - I Can See You

Crispy

Quote from: sweatboard on Feb 24, 2013, 01:55 PM

Ha! Though the cover sure makes Go to Heaven look that way, I think Shakedown Street may have been more of a disco record. Mydland's songs on GtH make the Dead sound like the Eagles. Both have their clunkers, but I still like 'em.

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Feb 24, 2013, 07:25 PM

Hey, which cover did you get?
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

he.who.forgets

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 24, 2013, 10:06 PM
Quote from: sweatboard on Feb 24, 2013, 01:55 PM

Ha! Though the cover sure makes Go to Heaven look that way, I think Shakedown Street may have been more of a disco record. Mydland's songs on GtH make the Dead sound like the Eagles. Both have their clunkers, but I still like 'em.

Crispy

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Feb 25, 2013, 11:06 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Feb 24, 2013, 10:06 PM

So that's version E, I think—you can tell by looking at the spine, it will have the letter by the top. Here's some interesting info on the topic, which was a shameless marketing gimmick. I have the B version, and haven't tried real hard to get the others.

he.who.forgets

^^^Pretty interesting info. I'd read a little about the covers before but never in that much detail.  I wonder if 'wiping' the interior sleeve will still reveal any color on a second hand album that old...may have to try tonight.

Crispy

Quote from: he.who.forgets on Feb 25, 2013, 11:52 AM
^^^Pretty interesting info. I'd read a little about the covers before but never in that much detail.  I wonder if 'wiping' the interior sleeve will still reveal any color on a second hand album that old...may have to try tonight.

I've never got up the nerve to try that with mine, let us know how it goes!

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Angelo

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 AM

Penny have you listened to any of there other stuff? I love this album but for whatever reason never listening to anything after. Wondering if the other stuff is worth checking out. I think I read somewhere that Simone released a s/t album as well.

he.who.forgets

Quote from: Crispy on Feb 25, 2013, 12:33 PM
Quote from: he.who.forgets on Feb 25, 2013, 11:52 AM

I've never got up the nerve to try that with mine, let us know how it goes!
Upon closer inspection, it appears the inner sleeve was already "wiped".  The colors are faint but they're there.

Penny Lane

Quote from: Angelo on Feb 28, 2013, 06:18 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 22, 2013, 09:49 AM

Penny have you listened to any of there other stuff? I love this album but for whatever reason never listening to anything after. Wondering if the other stuff is worth checking out. I think I read somewhere that Simone released a s/t album as well.

this is such an incredible album... the follow up is almost as good, too. ..Simone is one of those artists who can usually do no wrong but his solo album last year really didn't hit me as hard as the Duke and the king albums..i haven't heard anything else, i'd have to look and see if there is anything else--- i put this album down for a year and recently came back to it..holy smokes. every time he's playing in NYC, i've had a commitment...big big fan, though....i think because i read about this before i heard it (his wife had a late term miscarriage and he holed himself up in a cabin in the catskills and made this with his friend), it took on more meaning to me..almost like he was singing to his unborn child.

he is clearly my favorite Felice Bros.. :cool:

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Penny Lane

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 01, 2013, 01:20 AM

one of my favorite Patterson covers is on there! Percy Sledge's Take time to know her..

alienlanes

I had a bunch of great new vinyl given to me this week, but this is the last thing I bought. One of my favourites of 2012