What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheThird

[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

Angelo

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Angelo

Nice!  :thumbsup:  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but I'm wondering/hoping there is a download card included. It's still sealed.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Angelo on Mar 19, 2013, 12:03 AM
Nice!  :thumbsup:  I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but I'm wondering/hoping there is a download card included. It's still sealed.
I'm not sure there is a D/L card for that NM 10". I believe, however, that I might have mp3s from a vinyl rip courtesy of a fellow forum pal. Looks like I'll be home with a snow day, so I'll look into it, but first it's back to bed...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

YouAre_GivenToFly

Some good finds at the record store and my girlfriend's parents' attic this past weekend.

The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

he.who.forgets

Angelo

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 19, 2013, 05:20 AM
Quote from: Angelo on Mar 19, 2013, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure there is a D/L card for that NM 10". I believe, however, that I might have mp3s from a vinyl rip courtesy of a fellow forum pal. Looks like I'll be home with a snow day, so I'll look into it, but first it's back to bed...

That would be great if you would do that, John. I just opened it and there is no d/l card.

Crispy

Another binge:

(been kicking myself since being in too much of a hurry to get the $15 copy at their show 2 years ago - finally found it for a little more than that through discogs, at one of my OKC shops, freakishly)

(Swans - The Seer)

(Windsor for the Derby)

(got my copy too  :wink: )

(a good rebus on this cover)

I now have 666 records, according to discogs.  :evil:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

GO4IT

Quote from: Crispy l

size=1em][/size]

This is definitely a winner.  I'll have to dust off my old copy which has been played, conservatively, a million times and spin it this weekend.  The last studio album with the original lineup.

he.who.forgets

Crispy

Quote from: GO4IT on Mar 20, 2013, 11:06 PM
This is definitely a winner.  I'll have to dust off my old copy which has been played, conservatively, a million times and spin it this weekend.  The last studio album with the original lineup.

I used to be an Allmans nut(!), and it's a big surprise that I never had a copy of this, when I have almost all of their other early records. Only trouble with this copy is it looks like it's been played a million times too.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

GO4IT

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 20, 2013, 11:13 PM
Quote from: GO4IT on Mar 20, 2013, 11:06 PM

I used to be an Allmans nut(!), and it's a big surprise that I never had a copy of this, when I have almost all of their other early records. Only trouble with this copy is it looks like it's been played a million times too.
I saw the Allmans shortly after this record came out but, unfortunately, just after Duane and Berry met their untimely fates - early '73 as I recall.  I was the official university photographer for the show at the Palace Theater (think Capitol Theater-type venue) in Albany, NY and was on stage with them and with totally free access to roam all areas of the stage the whole show.
I can't put into words how amazing an experience that was.

johnnYYac

Crispy

Nice selections, John! I LOVE that Tidings cover—it's easy to see with the LP and the info sheet inside, each of those little pieces of "equipment" are cut paper boxes, really cool. And of course the music is fantastic. Is that a Silbury Sands 12" single?

I still don't have Muchacho, but oh! I see it's finally on Spotify!

wolof7

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 20, 2013, 10:48 PM

I now have 666 records, according to discogs.  :evil:

AWESOME album right there ...I think you should celebrate 666 records with  purchasing this lil guy:

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Mar 24, 2013, 11:07 AM
Nice selections, John! I LOVE that Tidings cover—it's easy to see with the LP and the info sheet inside, each of those little pieces of "equipment" are cut paper boxes, really cool. And of course the music is fantastic. Is that a Silbury Sands 12" single?

I still don't have Muchacho, but oh! I see it's finally on Spotify!
Sillsbury Sands is a 7"single b/w Dry (a track not found on Steeple)

http://www.scdistribution.com/music-shop.html?class=artist&artist=Wolf+People&alpha=3

Crispy

Nine mile skid...on a ten mile ride...

Thanks to JohnnYY for the heads up! AND thanks for the DVDs, which also came in the mail today! A banner fuckin' day at the Berry household.

:beer: :beer: :beer:

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!