What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ManNamedTruth

That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

cream jeans

I just got 3 more in the mail! Zeppelin IV, The Beatles Live at the BBC and Celebracion de la Ciudad Natal.

Crispy

Now, that is an excellent picture. Love shots of spinning turntables!

I recently picked up:

and check this out, fellow Lycanthropophiles!

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Hawkeye

Nice table, Crispy!  :thumbsup:

Is that a Thorens or whut?
We could.

Crispy

Quote from: Hawkeye on Jan 23, 2014, 12:56 PM
Nice table, Crispy!  :thumbsup:

Is that a Thorens or whut?

Thanks! It's a Marantz 6300, circa 1972. It sounds great, but could use some TLC on the tonearm damper, and the pitch pots are shot too.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Crispy

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 25, 2014, 01:47 AM

FINALLY!

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:
Nice!  Didn't know it was out on vinyl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Come Closer

I've been contemplating getting One From The Vault. You have a chance to spin it yet?

Crispy

Quote from: Osistheones on Jan 25, 2014, 01:51 PM
I've been contemplating getting One From The Vault. You have a chance to spin it yet?

Sure did, last night as soon as I got home. The remastering is great, it sounds fantastic, and it's worth every penny to me now, but I had to get past the sticker shock.

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 22, 2014, 10:56 PM
Now, that is an excellent picture. Love shots of spinning turntables!

I recently picked up:

and check this out, fellow Lycanthropophiles!

How did you get it? Wasn't this the one that was impossible to get?

Crispy

I got mine on discogs.com, where practically anything can be found, and now I just need the other two Battered Ornaments singles, and they're out there. There are three of the Storm Cloud / Cotton Strands on discogs, and a Tiny Circles / Mercy II is on ebay, but they want way too much for it. I need to take a break from vinyl-buying after my recent binges...and I need to build another record shelf!

jimsflyingv

Became a huge Warren Zevon fan (always been but recently re-discovered him), amazing artist, great song writer and musician. Hope MMJ will do some Warren Zevon Covers someday, too ;)

CountSA

My Morning Jacket - Chocolate & Ice

Wilco - Kicking Television

Wilco - Sky Blue Sky

Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

QOTSA - ...Like Clockwork (Black Friday edition)

And I scored this little gem on eBay this weekend:

My Morning Jacket - Okonokos

johnnYYac

Nice!  I noted a copy of Oko went for a semi-reasonable price recently. Hope that was you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

cream jeans

I want Okonokos soooo badly.  How much does it usually go for these days?

Fully

You can buy it now on eBay for $195.00. The last one sold there for $225

CountSA

I got my copy (well it's still in transit) for $115 shipped.  It's obviously not sealed and the packaging is somewhat dinged up.  The actual records are supposed to be in very good shape though.  I had the feeling I would never find a better price so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.  Also the fact that I don't have to be obsessively looking for it is quite a relief.

parkervb

Quote from: CountSA on Jan 30, 2014, 12:10 PM
I got my copy (well it's still in transit) for $115 shipped.  It's obviously not sealed and the packaging is somewhat dinged up.  The actual records are supposed to be in very good shape though.  I had the feeling I would never find a better price so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.  Also the fact that I don't have to be obsessively looking for it is quite a relief.

that's about what I saw it for recently from a German ebay site.  I was a little wary of pulling the trigger myself. But I'm naturally highly suspicious.
Don't you ever turn it off

alienlanes

Quote from: CountSA on Jan 30, 2014, 12:10 PM

Geez, at my old job we had 5 copies of this on LP and I balked on it because the employee price for me would have been....      $55.

I should have bought them all!