What Vinyl Did You Just Buy?

Started by Ruckus, Jan 26, 2011, 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ob1jacobe

Ob1jacobe

I now have major album collection envy after looking through y'alls discogs collections.  I felt the need to add a couple.  Really I want to add a couple dozen but don't have the budget at this time  :grin:

Come Closer

You guys ever have people inquire about items in your collection? I had someone ask about the Futurebirds EP and someone else asked about Masters of the Universe by Binary Star.

johnnYYac

Quote from: Ob1jacobe on May 31, 2014, 04:41 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on May 31, 2014, 04:11 AM
From tonight's show...

That is awesome!  how was the show?
Great show, hot and sweaty. I hadn't rocked out in a while, but these guys were tight and fun as hell. I don't know their catalog well so can't share the setlist, but they closed a lengthy encore with Kravitz's Are You Gonna Go My Way, which somehow fit in and ended the night powerfully. A great introduction to BT!

Crispy

Quote from: Osistheones on Jun 01, 2014, 01:38 AM
You guys ever have people inquire about items in your collection? I had someone ask about the Futurebirds EP and someone else asked about Masters of the Universe by Binary Star.

Yeah, I had somebody ask about my In a Cloud - New Sounds from San Francisco compilation (Thee Oh Sees, Ty Segall, Fresh & Onlys and others), which turns out to be pretty desirable. I told him to go screw! Not really, but it's not for sale. Yet.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ob1jacobe

Does anyone have Damien Jurado - Brothers and Sisters ... ?  If so how does it sound and how's the packaging.  I have been listening to a lot and debating adding.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Ob1jacobe on Jun 03, 2014, 05:56 PM

Does anyone have Damien Jurado - Brothers and Sisters ... ?  If so how does it sound and how's the packaging.  I have been listening to a lot and debating adding.

I do, mine sounds awesome. It's a standard non-gatefold package, but i think there might be a deluxe edition. Favorite album of the year so far BTW.

EDIT: Here is the deluxe, with a write up from Father John Misty when you scroll down.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Damien-Jurado-Brothers-Sisters-Of-The-Eternal-Son-2x-Vinyl-LP-Record-Poster-/390728272472?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item5af9384a58
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ffghtrs

Inside Llewyn Davis and SPANISH GOLD!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Hawkeye

I have the Damien Jurado deluxe vinyl edition...well worth it  :thumbsup:

The "Sisters" disc is just.... :bath: ...yes, a spiritual bubble bath.  With the way my listening room is and the stereo I have now...it's got a church-like sound...great natural reverb on the "sisters" voices, enhanced by my listening room!  A great late-night listen...I've been listening to that more than the "proper" album, although they are both great.
We could.

Ob1jacobe

Thanks ManNameTruth and Hawkeye, i will be buying the deluxe copy of Borother and Sisters of .... soon. 

getinthevan

Stopped in for the new Fucked Up album and found the Cave In album for half the price it usually goes for.  I couldn't resist...

The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

buaawwww

And might I add... holy crap what an album.  WAY better than I thought it would be...

CountSA

Come Closer

Last one is 12 Step Program by People Under The Stairs. Also got the Zeppelin and Definitely Maybe reissues.

ffghtrs

The Louvin Brothers Satan is real.  Excellent old country
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

johnnYYac

ffghtrs

Love that Jason Isbell record!

johnnYYac

Quote from: ffghtrs on Jun 30, 2014, 09:53 PM
Love that Jason Isbell record!
I finally bought it at my first Isbell show! Spectacular all around!

parkervb

still working on tracking down "Metamodern..."

cancelled my Amazon order of High Top Mountain and ordered Metamodern... from Sturgill's site now that he has some more.
Don't you ever turn it off