Main Menu

MMJ/DBT

Started by breakingthesky7028, Jun 18, 2009, 06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

breakingthesky7028

Hey MMJer's,
I've been a fan of MMJ since the Tennessee Fire, and I have great respect for them and their fans, and I was over at the Drive-By Truckers message board and we began discussing the possibilities and potential of a MMJ/DBT co-headlining tour, seeings how DBT are now on ATO records. I know DBT and MMJ share some of the same fanbase (fans of true rock) and I was wondering what ya'll think about that, and if you agree it would melt faces then let's join together to get the ball rolling... thanks

Smitty

breakingthesky7028

Sorry didn't realize ya'll already had this discussion - we're having it now over at ninebullets.org/forum - well seeings how we're in agreement, why don't we contact the powers that be and get the ball rolling? I believe this would blow away the Hold Steady/DBT "Rock N Roll Means Well" tour... DBTers and MMJer's unite

bold99

I've suggested this tour many times on this board...and on ninebullets....it would be the ultimate.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Don Dante

This would be incredible!  Crazy b/c I was just listening to DBT yesterday, and thought about how awesome this combo would be, not even knowing that DBT had joined ATO.
Keep on dreamin' boy,
cuz when you stop dreamin'
it's time to die.

aMillionDreams

They've played together before.  DBT opened for MMJ at the Louisville 2002 waterfront show.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

goose

QuoteThey've played together before.  DBT opened for MMJ at the Louisville 2002 waterfront show.

Isbell was with them then?  It could happen again.  Jim was sighted at the PAtterson show last week.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

fortbethel

In this economy joint tours make sense. I would LOVE 2 see this happen. Better still, they should play on seperate nights. one after the other. both bands in one night is kinda overwhelming I never thought I'd say that but I just turned 40. ha ha

other things I wanted 2 see together were/are

Simply Red & Joe Jackson

Mitt Romney & Conna Lisa Rice ticket (yes, I'm republican)