The Bipolar Bonnaroo Thread

Started by el_chode, Feb 15, 2011, 12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Bipolar because the undercard is awesome, yet the potential for douchebaggery is phenomenal with Eminem and Lil Wayne.
I'm surrounded by assholes

FiddleCastro

Hopefully, the douchebags do the typical douchebaggy thing and only go see Eminem and Lil Wayne. If not, whatever, can't be much worse than a typical NYC crowd.  ;D
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

el_chode

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Feb 15, 2011, 12:40 PM
Hopefully, the douchebags do the typical douchebaggy thing and only go see Eminem and Lil Wayne. If not, whatever, can't be much worse than a typical NYC crowd.  ;D

Yeah, now that my initial outrage has subsided...I'd like to go. I just have too many reservations.

What were they thinking. My friend said "they won't draw their usual crowd". Well, if that's the case, what's the point? What's the appeal? WHO are they trying to draw in.

I don't have a problem with hip hop, or even something too main stream (Kayne, for example). But that's just the wrong side of hip hop. That's "shorties in da club" and "I'm a homophobic 40 year old pretending to be an angry teenager".

The rest of that is very festie friendly, even the heavier stuff.

el_chode

Also, no tickets - RFID wristbands. I'm not sure how this will affect the secondary market

e_wind

I'm right there with you.

Wakarusa- not the same line up but better crowd/prices/environment.
Roo- some good bands, not so good anything else. More friends going.

And NOW I find out that some form of Roth is happening this year. Shit.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...