ATTENTION NYC Fan Forum Members

Started by CC, Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rats21

Got my confirmation email.

Fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  :thumbsup:

Dodobird

COOL! I guess they are coming out slowly?? Still waiting for mine!
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

Ghosts_on_TV

Maybe we arent big enough fans..
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

br00ke

i can't believe no one else has heard yet .. between you guys (ultimate fans) and my other NYC music group friends (pretty big fans but not ULTIMATE!). there's no way i'm the only person, no friggin' way .. you guys have to get tix, i feel it !! KEEP THE FAITH !!!!!

ETA: Congrats Rats  :thumbsup: .. yeah sounds like they are slowing coming out. KEEP THE FAITH PEOPLE !!

marshmeli

not asking for you to spill the beans or anything, but did they tell you the location of the event yet, or just telling you that you need to reply and they will give you all the info next week (I have been 2 stroytellers in the past, and it has worked that way)

1978SGJ

i heard people are recieving confirmations already.. any word on that? i've checked my email like 1,000x. haha
and i just jammed out to MMJ for like 90 mins straight hoping the rock gods would take my offering of sweat as a sign that i should be at the taping.
god i hope i get picked....

rats21

they asked to reply to confirm your availability and said they'd follow up with a phone call and another email with final details

no confirmation of venue or time yet

no hard tickets, just a guest list

email also said not to post the venue anywhere once they provide the details because "the venue cannot accommodate a big crowd trying to get in", whatever that means

marshmeli

Yeah makes sense, they also dont want a huge crowd outside the palce... 1 Storytellers I went to had actual tickets (DMB) then another (Pearl Jam) only had a guest list... if I dont get a confirmation email, I think i still have a great shot getting in, hope it works out...

subinai

UUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH HOPE I GET ONE. if i don't and anybody needs a guest, lunch is on me!

headhunter

are you guys getting confirmation acknowledging your emails or are you getting confirmation that you have been chosen.

(what's the world record for refreshing an e-mail in-box in any one day?)
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Ghosts_on_TV

subinai

I am too but i am not giving up hope. I will attend.

ynwa

congrats brooke & rats21 - that is awesome :beer:

only 2 from here so far.  hmmmm..... must mean that we all sent in really good questions & essays which is making it tough for them to choose  ;)  i'm staying positive.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

eleaf14

Thinking positive thoughts too.

On a related note...this is elevating my disdain for spam email to much higher levels. Man o Man.

walterfredo

speaking of spam, I assume y'all are checking your spam folders for the email as well.  Good luck!

rats21

the email i received was confirmation of being selected

just an FYI - I responded probably within 10 minutes of when I got the email yesterday, I mentioned that I saw the post in the forum and generally responded like a giddy 16-year-old girl which is I think (and seemingly) what these casting places are looking for

edit: and while i was constantly monitoring my gmail spam folder as well, the confirmation email came right into my inbox

marshmeli

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 17, 2011, 03:00 PM
speaking of spam, I assume y'all are checking your spam folders for the email as well.  Good luck!

Hey Walter, you from PP?

br00ke

i sent my e.mail / entry in pretty quickly too but i know that some of you definitely got yours in before mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

Yeah, I got mine in pretty quick, 10 15 minutes.

ALady

Did you guys construct elaborate responses?  I know I debated between sending it quickly or writing a more thorough response.

So lucky - congrats, rats and br00ke!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires