ATTENTION NYC Fan Forum Members

Started by CC, Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

This would be awesome! Good luck guys, hope there's a big smattering of board members in the audience... :thumbsup:
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ynwa

Quote from: Dodobird on Feb 16, 2011, 04:56 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 16, 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote from: Dodobird on Feb 16, 2011, 03:19 PM
I'm in! My 3 questions were:

1. For Jim James. What do the lyrics to your songs mean to you? For me, in a song like "The Bear" or "Golden", the lyrics are so deep and meaningful. But I guess that is the beauty of music. Each song can mean something different to each person. However, I read somewhere that the words you sing are more about their sound then their meaning? Is it true you try to choose words that harmonize and blend with the rest of the band. Because, in my opinion your voice is just another instrument in the band but the words that you sing can have such a impact on the song. I feel that your earlier recordings were more from your soul and your later stuff is you evolving with the band.

2. For the band. How great was it to have Jimmy Quaid back on stage with you again the first night at T-5 for the Tenn Fire album?

3. For Patrick Hallahan. What was it like to play Levon's drum kit at his barn that night in Woodstock? You looked like the happiest little kid up on stage that night :)

nice questions dodo....except it's johnny quaid :D

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

LOL. I guess I had Jimmy James on the mind when writing my Q's. I was in a rush!

dang, i think that's an automatic DQ  ;)
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Willy

i'm gonna be in NYC for my 18th birthday (last week) on the 24th. I sent my "application" in immediately after i got the email. I felt like i was submitting a scholarship or college application..haha
"Welcome......you newb"

BH

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 16, 2011, 04:02 PM
If cities we're children of MMJ Louisville would be the fat child that they lied to when they said they love each of their children the same, where as NYC would be the talented brain surgeon that made them proud.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the NYC child owns the studio where VH1 records Storytellers.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Crispy

Quote from: BH on Feb 16, 2011, 05:32 PM
If cities we're children of MMJ Louisville would be the fat child that they lied to when they said they love each of their children the same, where as NYC would be the talented brain surgeon that made them proud.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the NYC child owns the studio where VH1 records Storytellers.

Which he owns because he's a brain surgeon!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

e_wind

Quote from: BH on Feb 16, 2011, 05:32 PM

well its clear that in this case it has nothing to do with jacket.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

br00ke

JaneCool

I entered, and have to admit feeling pretty giddy throughout the whole process! Best of luck to all here who entered, I hope a lot of true fans win!  :)
So, I do believe.....

ALady

I applied...y'all know I would fly out for this in a heartbeat.  Great excuse to see the folks I missed at the T5 reunion!

I had trouble with the questions...I wanted to get my responses in quick, but didn't want to sound like a complete idiot.

Gah.  Good luck everyone!   :bath:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

MMJ_fanatic

E-mail sent, fingers, legs, toes and eyeballs all appropriately crossed for tickets.  I don't live in NYC but am able to spend all of Thursday, Friday and Saturday there, if necessary!  Thanks to MMJ, MMJ management and Monsieur Riny!
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

bluesky

Sent mine in earlier today as soon as I found out, did it so fast forgot to write on it that I found out about the tickets from being a member of the forum. Duh! Went back added that info in and resent it. Could really blow my chance or totally make it  :P

johnnYYac

Hmm.  Seems I submitted questions for the band back in October... :(

Good luck to you lucky New Yorkers.  I posted a more snarky response to the news this afternoon, out of jealousy, that didn't appear to make it onto the board.   ::)

Can't blame those who can go for the fact that the taping will be in La Grande Pomme.  I won't mind if an Omnichord question makes the cut.  I'd also love to hear what Jim has to say about songwriting with emotional honesty, such as "none of this is physical" or "your ass it draws me in..." which I discussed with a fine lady this past weekend.

Again, good luck and represent!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

el_chode

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 16, 2011, 08:47 PM

Good luck to you lucky New Yorkers.  I posted a more snarky response to the news this afternoon, out of jealousy, that didn't appear to make it onto the board.   ::)

Can't blame those who can go for the fact that the taping will be in La Grande Pomme.  I won't mind if an Omnichord question makes the cut.  I'd also love to hear what Jim has to say about songwriting with emotional honesty, such as "none of this is physical" or "your ass it draws me in..." which I discussed with a fine lady this past weekend.

I applied anyway on the off chance taping is delayed (you never know?) and included an onmnichord question (general - where/why/how did you get it, what does it do for you, and how has it shaped your approach, or something to that effect). I said they can use my questions even if I'm not selected, so if that makes the cut, I dedicate it to you, comrade
I'm surrounded by assholes

johnnYYac

Quote from: el_chode on Feb 16, 2011, 08:51 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 16, 2011, 08:47 PM

I applied anyway on the off chance taping is delayed (you never know?) and included an onmnichord question (general - where/why/how did you get it, what does it do for you, and how has it shaped your approach, or something to that effect). I said they can use my questions even if I'm not selected, so if that makes the cut, I dedicate it to you, comrade
:dankk2: :thumbsup: :beer:

FiddleCastro

Quote from: bluesky on Feb 16, 2011, 08:24 PM
Sent mine in earlier today as soon as I found out, did it so fast forgot to write on it that I found out about the tickets from being a member of the forum. Duh! Went back added that info in and resent it. Could really blow my chance or totally make it  :P
Haha, I said I was a member when explaining that JohnnYYacc and Sticky and I are slowly working on a covers project!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

lucylew

If I didn't have meetings with the HUD next week, I'd be there in a heartbeat.  Stupid work!

Honest Man

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 16, 2011, 03:31 PM
I'll try and settle the "Whats Jim saying at the end of Steam Engine?" debate if can. He probabaly wont say regardless, but still.

DAMN! Wish I thought of this one. Good question though.
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

ynwa

Quote from: bluesky on Feb 16, 2011, 08:24 PM

didn't see anything in the rules about only 1 entry per person, so - can't see how it would hurt to re-submit.  actually, based on that, i think it would help more than hurt.  :thumbsup:
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

johnnYYac

Quote from: lucylew on Feb 16, 2011, 10:05 PM
If I didn't have meetings with the HUD next week, I'd be there in a heartbeat.  Stupid work!
Better HUD than CHUD!

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 16, 2011, 11:41 PM
Quote from: lucylew on Feb 16, 2011, 10:05 PM
Better HUD than CHUD!

Haha, that movie blows.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...