ATTENTION NYC Fan Forum Members

Started by CC, Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowl of soup

I thought you said Jim gives you the creeps.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ericm

Done and done!!

As if waiting for tour dates to be announced so we can plan our summers isn't enough, now we'll have a few more anxious days and nights ;)

Good luck everyone, and I second Ky's last turdy post.
"Where's Jim going?"

JerseyDan

this would be so EPIC! i was lucky to see the Letterman taping, this would possibly take the cake :)

el_chode

Guys, relax, they have this filtration system to screen out the turds.

That's how you know Ruckus won't be there

OH SNAP
I'm surrounded by assholes

headhunter

sent mine in.  hard to explain the lunacy that drives me without sounding like the men in the white jackets should come and take me away.

we're all Fans (as in Fanatics)  and we all know it.  they should pick ALL of us.
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Dodobird

I'm in! My 3 questions were:

1. For Jim James. What do the lyrics to your songs mean to you? For me, in a song like "The Bear" or "Golden", the lyrics are so deep and meaningful. But I guess that is the beauty of music. Each song can mean something different to each person. However, I read somewhere that the words you sing are more about their sound then their meaning? Is it true you try to choose words that harmonize and blend with the rest of the band. Because, in my opinion your voice is just another instrument in the band but the words that you sing can have such a impact on the song. I feel that your earlier recordings were more from your soul and your later stuff is you evolving with the band.

2. For the band. How great was it to have Jimmy Quaid back on stage with you again the first night at T-5 for the Tenn Fire album?

3. For Patrick Hallahan. What was it like to play Levon's drum kit at his barn that night in Woodstock? You looked like the happiest little kid up on stage that night :)
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

tdb810

Quote from: Dodobird on Feb 16, 2011, 03:19 PM

1. For Jim James. What do the lyrics to your songs mean to you? For me, in a song like "The Bear" or "Golden", the lyrics are so deep and meaningful. But I guess that is the beauty of music. Each song can mean something different to each person. However, I read somewhere that the words you sing are more about their sound then their meaning? Is it true you try to choose words that harmonize and blend with the rest of the band. Because, in my opinion your voice is just another instrument in the band but the words that you sing can have such a impact on the song. I feel that your earlier recordings were more from your soul and your later stuff is you evolving with the band.

2. For the band. How great was it to have Jimmy Quaid back on stage with you again the first night at T-5 for the Tenn Fire album?

3. For Patrick Hallahan. What was it like to play Levon's drum kit at his barn that night in Woodstock? You looked like the happiest little kid up on stage that night :)

nice questions dodo....except it's johnny quaid :D

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!
.....Back at the Model Home

lasvegas

this better get answered:
QuoteAre Pooch & Denise brother and sister, or are they lovers?
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

el_chode

If they let you ask questions at the show, someone better ask if they brought ba ba bananas nanas

debbie

If you guys don't all get picked I will be pissed!  I like the Pooch and Denise question.  That's a good one.

And if anyone needs a guest to accompany you, let me know and I will fly out out there!   ::)
Touch me I'm going to scream.

FiddleCastro

I cannot attend this completely awesome thing and I am sad  :'(
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Ghosts_on_TV

I'll try and settle the "Whats Jim saying at the end of Steam Engine?" debate if can. He probabaly wont say regardless, but still.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Murph

holy shit us New Yorkers are ridiculously lucky, and actually getting a little spoiled.  Once again though, thank you MMJ!

el_chode

Also, "where's my T5 Box set?"

BH

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 16, 2011, 03:31 PM
I'll try and settle the "Whats Jim saying at the end of Steam Engine?" debate if can. He probabaly wont say regardless, but still.

Sweet.   Well done.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

e_wind

If cities we're children of MMJ Louisville would be the fat child that they lied to when they said they love each of their children the same, where as NYC would be the talented brain surgeon that made them proud.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

ynwa

good lord that was a process!  i mean, geez, how does one explain why they love mmj so much w/out coming off as a crazy person?  not possible.  and 3 questions?  i have, like, millions of 'em normally; but put on the spot like that my brain went totally blank.  wtf  :-\

honestly, i like the idea of weeding out most of the "turds" ( ;D) so i appreciate the idea behind this method.  but if i don't get picked i'm going to feel like such a failure.  am i not fan enough?  ::)  ;D

good luck to us all!
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

Honest Man

Wow that took me a while. It was an experience in itself. Crossing My Fingers! :D
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

Dodobird

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 16, 2011, 03:23 PM
Quote from: Dodobird on Feb 16, 2011, 03:19 PM

nice questions dodo....except it's johnny quaid :D

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

LOL. I guess I had Jimmy James on the mind when writing my Q's. I was in a rush!
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

FiddleCastro

You used the wrong first name, man!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh