ATTENTION NYC Fan Forum Members

Started by CC, Feb 16, 2011, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdb810

.....Back at the Model Home

wolof7

Man this is so cool and I hope I can get the day out of work and be chosen.

I understand the process of choosing the fans but I am somewhat put off about having to write how big of a fan I am. It just seems really weird. I mean, I am gonna do it anyways but something about trying to put words about how much they mean to me both seems awkward and also I have never been quite good at that kind of thing.

Anyone else feel that way?
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

el_chode

If someone goes, I'd like to get some back story on the laser harp, so if anyone wants to put that in their questions. Where'd it come from, why, what about it, why not just do the usual epic thing and get at theramin, etc.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Haldon

man...that is awesome

i'll be in buffalo that day, but flying home from the NY bar exam...kinda makes me wish I had taken my friend up on his offer to crash at his place in the city that weekend after my exam....damn

oh well....have fun peeeeeeples

i'll remember to set my DVR whenever the show airs

lasvegas

Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 16, 2011, 01:58 PM

I understand the process of choosing the fans but I am somewhat put off about having to write how big of a fan I am. It just seems really weird. I mean, I am gonna do it anyways but something about trying to put words about how much they mean to me both seems awkward and also I have never been quite good at that kind of thing.

i get what you are saying...and sort of agree.

here was my response:
QuoteMMJ in all of it's excellence makes me a fan. I can't explain it. How do you explain loving pizza?? You just do, because it's fucking awesome.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

el_chode

Nah, when I email them they have no idea who I am or what I"m all about. It's a casting agency (not like the band or management would either if they were hand-picking forum members). If I may be snobby for a moment, it also lets them screen out the people who just like I'm Amazed and know nothing else, and probably acts as a way to filter out the people who just show up to throw glow sticks.

lil sis

Where is my email?!?!?!?  ???
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

tdb810

Quote from: lil sis on Feb 16, 2011, 02:03 PM
Where is my email?!?!?!?  ???
i didnt get one either but bob did....PM me your email address and i will forward it
.....Back at the Model Home

el_chode

I didn't get it either, just reposted what vegas did in the other thread.

wolof7

Quote from: el_chode on Feb 16, 2011, 02:01 PM

Nah, when I email them they have no idea who I am or what I"m all about. It's a casting agency (not like the band or management would either if they were hand-picking forum members). If I may be snobby for a moment, it also lets them screen out the people who just like I'm Amazed and know nothing else, and probably acts as a way to filter out the people who just show up to throw glow sticks.

Yea, I totally understand why they are asking us to do it, it's just my own inability to sit down and conjure up something worthwhile or worthy I guess. Still gonna attempt it, it's more appealling and gives a better chance than lottery system I presume
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

el_chode

Quote from: wolof7 on Feb 16, 2011, 02:09 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Feb 16, 2011, 02:01 PM

Yea, I totally understand why they are asking us to do it, it's just my own inability to sit down and conjure up something worthwhile or worthy I guess. Still gonna attempt it, it's more appealling and probably have a better chance than lottery system I presume

Yeah I get you. It's sort of like when you go to an interview and they're like "so why should we hire you?" and you want to say "because I need the money and this is a job, why else? Isn't it obvious?"

Penny Lane

Quote from: lasvegas on Feb 16, 2011, 02:01 PM

i get what you are saying...and sort of agree.

here was my response:
QuoteMMJ in all of it's excellence makes me a fan. I can't explain it. How do you explain loving pizza?? You just do, because it's fucking awesome.

yeah i had problems on the essay part...
it's really hard to explain getting your face melted and why that feels sooooo good
:o
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

My Morning Tube top

I saw the email.Good luck New Yorkers! I hope all the chosen ones post so we know who's representing! They better have bananas and coconut water in their budget for Crafty.  :thumbsup:

br00ke

done & done !!!

the "what makes you such a fan" part .. yeah, i felt a little cheesy but i love MMJ and they make me cheesy so that's OK  ;)

TICKETS PLEASE .. PAWS CROSSED .. SACRIFICES MADE TO MUSICAL GODS !!

subinai

im freaking out. hope i get tix!

debbie

You New Yorkers/East Coasters are so lucky!   First T5, and now this.  I hate you.   ;)  Oh well, at least tomorrow night I get to see Carl!

I wanna hear what you wrote for your questions and what makes you the biggest fan or whatever!  Please do share.  I was trying to think of what I would write if I was going to bother emailing and I have no idea. 

Good luck!!

Touch me I'm going to scream.

el_chode

I applied anyway, with a note at the top saying "PLEASE CONSIDER ME IF THIS GETS POSTPONED FOR SOME REASON"

My proof of fandom: cutting my honeymoon short to go to T5

kydiddle

I just hope it's fair in that they pick a good amount of fans who actually take the time to send in a submission and not just fill the audience with turds.

That's right...I said turds.
Cow temperature.

bluesky

I just looked at a clip on there web site from Christina Agulara Storyteller, looks like a pretty decent size audience, though many turds...

sweatboard

No invite?  What's up?

I Like Storytellers too.
There's Still Time.........