I don't think it would be posted.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Penny Lane

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 22, 2011, 09:03 AM
Quote from: ynwa on Feb 22, 2011, 08:15 AM
Quote from: bluesky on Feb 21, 2011, 08:13 PM

help me obi wan your my only hope

;D

c'mon cancellations!  start rollin in now, please.

EDIT: and if all else fails, i love trish's VIEWING PARTY idea  :thumbsup:
perhaps take over a local establishment & call the news folk incessantly until they realize what an amazing story of fandom it is (seriously, there are enough of us) & have our story make the evening news.  good exposure for the boys to boot!

yes!

And just putting it out into the universe -- I have the DAY OFF in case there are any last minute cancellations or partners who can't make it.  I can be in the city in 30 mins. 

But, I feel strangely calm and ok with the fact that I probably won't witness this first hand.  I am so happy for those who will be, and happy that it will be documented for those who won't.  Have I mentioned that I love this band?

if you're coming into the city, we need to meet up regardless!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

Shooooot.

Just found airfare for $248 r/t.

Should I go for it?
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

tdb810

Quote from: Penne BruLane on Feb 22, 2011, 12:39 PM
Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 22, 2011, 09:03 AM

;D

perhaps take over a local establishment & call the news folk incessantly until they realize what an amazing story of fandom it is (seriously, there are enough of us) & have our story make the evening news.  good exposure for the boys to boot!

yes!

And just putting it out into the universe -- I have the DAY OFF in case there are any last minute cancellations or partners who can't make it.  I can be in the city in 30 mins. 

But, I feel strangely calm and ok with the fact that I probably won't witness this first hand.  I am so happy for those who will be, and happy that it will be documented for those who won't.  Have I mentioned that I love this band?

if you're coming into the city, we need to meet up regardless!

yes!
.....Back at the Model Home

tdb810

Quote from: ALady on Feb 22, 2011, 01:38 PM
Shooooot.

Should I go for it?

ooooooh wowza! if you can swing it, and have a back up plan in the event you don't get in...then, ya know.....i would think, yes  :thumbsup:

JaneCool

;D

I'd be in for something like this!
So, I do believe.....

ALady

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 22, 2011, 01:55 PM
Quote from: ALady on Feb 22, 2011, 01:38 PM
Shooooot.

Should I go for it?

ooooooh wowza! if you can swing it, and have a back up plan in the event you don't get in...then, ya know.....i would think, yes  :thumbsup:

If that back up plan involves hanging out with you and Val...it's very tempting indeed   :bath:
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

1978SGJ

i understand that the people in charge of this event wanna keep the location a secret. however, i would hope that the forum members would want as many true fans at the event as possible; in case there are any cancellations.
being that this is a corporate-y event (comp'd tickets, vh1 interns, etc), i'm praying that some of these fools don't show up, therefore allowing a few diehards waiting outside to take their place.
now while i'm new to the forum, i am not new to Jackets music. and i hope that when the location is revealed to ticketholders tomorrow, that someone has the decency to shoot me an email.
i'm gonna be in NYC thursday w/ a friend.. lemme know if there are any preshow (or aftershow) get-togethers planned.
i look forward to meeting all of you in person.

darkglow

Quote from: touchmeimgoing2cream on Feb 22, 2011, 02:15 PM
i understand that the people in charge of this event wanna keep the location a secret. however, i would hope that the forum members would want as many true fans at the event as possible; in case there are any cancellations.
being that this is a corporate-y event (comp'd tickets, vh1 interns, etc), i'm praying that some of these fools don't show up, therefore allowing a few diehards waiting outside to take their place.
now while i'm new to the forum, i am not new to Jackets music. and i hope that when the location is revealed to ticketholders tomorrow, that someone has the decency to shoot me an email.
i'm gonna be in NYC thursday w/ a friend.. lemme know if there are any preshow (or aftershow) get-togethers planned.

makes you wonder what it would have been like if they gave an open invitation for anyone who wanted to be at the taping, and waited to pick the venue until after they got a gauge of how many fans wanted to be there.

but since they are doing this taping for so many bands.. i think they kind of had to scale it to the size they could manage (pay for it) at.. sad that VH1 (even though i detest most of the shit they play on that channel these days) doesn't have the funds like a bastard station like FOXnews.

marshmeli

haha trust me interns are not getting tickets to this show... i work for MTVN (been there 8 years or so) and am trying to tickets, someone I work closely with at VH1 is trying to hook me up and has even said these are in high demand, for example I know some Senior Directors who couldnt get tickets.

kydiddle

It's too close to the date for me to make last minute arrangements if they contact me. I'll put all my good energy towards you NYC folks, hoping you get a call! I'll dedicate my yoga practice tonight to you, too.  :thumbsup: Now I'm just excited for it to air!
Cow temperature.

marshmeli

My request is next on the list at VH1, if someone bails I am in... I am hoping someone does.

As for the location of the event it is in East/Spanish Harlem

subinai

Quote from: marshmeli on Feb 22, 2011, 05:51 PM
My request is next on the list at VH1, if someone bails I am in... I am hoping someone does.

have specifics on the location and time?  ;)

ynwa

Disagree w/ the whole "decency" comment. Sorry. Just don't think it's cool to try to pressure people.  Rather, be a class act, which you most likely are in person & just go for the post taping meet up. You'd get to meet some nice folk & get a buzz off of the post show glow  :)
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

buymycar

We need a full report from anyone who is lucky enough to get the golden ticket to get into Storytellers.  And by full report, I mean full setlist, banter, questions by the audience, etc.  VH1 is known to cut these performances to shreds to fit them in an hour TV broadcast.  For example, the Foo Fighters Storytellers showed only six songs when they played much more than that.  If this is to be a history lesson by the band, then we need a dedicated reporter to let us all know the stories behind these cherished songs.  Thanks in advance!

el_chode

Anyone taping this? You think they'll let us plug into the soundboard or put a tree in front of a camera?
I'm surrounded by assholes

ynwa

Quote from: el_chode on Feb 23, 2011, 05:51 AM
Anyone taping this? You think they'll let us plug into the soundboard or put a tree in front of a camera?

;D

i'm guessing NO and NO  ;)
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

marshmeli

Quote from: subinai on Feb 22, 2011, 06:38 PM

as i get more info i will let you know... pretty sure doors are like 6 or so

tdb810

Quote from: buymycar on Feb 23, 2011, 03:20 AM
We need a full report from anyone who is lucky enough to get the golden ticket to get into Storytellers.  And by full report, I mean full setlist, banter, questions by the audience, etc.  VH1 is known to cut these performances to shreds to fit them in an hour TV broadcast.  For example, the Foo Fighters Storytellers showed only six songs when they played much more than that.  If this is to be a history lesson by the band, then we need a dedicated reporter to let us all know the stories behind these cherished songs.  Thanks in advance!

GOLDEN ticket indeed.... :o 

subinai

Quote from: marshmeli on Feb 23, 2011, 09:44 AM
Quote from: subinai on Feb 22, 2011, 06:38 PM

as i get more info i will let you know... pretty sure doors are like 6 or so

i thought it would be a during the day type deal. interesting.