Main Menu

G Love

Started by iLikeBeer, Feb 24, 2011, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

I was just wondering if there were any G Love fans out there.  His new album is sans Special Sauce is now out and it features the Avett Brothers.  It's quite good from what I've heard so far.

Jon T.

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Feb 24, 2011, 06:09 PM
I was just wondering if there were any G Love fans out there.  His new album is sans Special Sauce is now out and it features the Avett Brothers.  It's quite good from what I've heard so far.

I used to be a big G. Love fan.  I don't listen to him near as much as I used to.  I didn't even know he had a new album out and just happened to come across it earlier today.  I am pretty impressed too!  From what I've heard so far, this is a pretty big departure for him.  More rootsy, folksy and a little country-ish even.  I read that the Avetts produced it.  Kind of makes sense after hearing it.  Definitely looking forward to giving this some more listens.  I'm going to see him in a few weeks and much more looking forward to it now.

Ghosts_on_TV

I dig him. Met him a few times, pretty cool guy. Havent heard the new one yet, except for the paul simon cover, which I liked.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Jon T.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 24, 2011, 08:33 PM
I used to be a big G. Love fan.  I don't listen to him near as much as I used to.  I didn't even know he had a new album out and just happened to come across it earlier today.  I am pretty impressed too!  From what I've heard so far, this is a pretty big departure for him.  More rootsy, folksy and a little country-ish even.  I read that the Avetts produced it.  Kind of makes sense after hearing it.  Definitely looking forward to giving this some more listens.  I'm going to see him in a few weeks and much more looking forward to it now.

Same here.  I kind of lost touch with him over the years.  When I read a review on his new album and saw the Avetts were involved, it piqued my interest.  And as I said, I really like this album.

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 25, 2011, 08:14 AM
I dig him. Met him a few times, pretty cool guy. Havent heard the new one yet, except for the paul simon cover, which I liked.

The Velvet Underground cover of Pale Blue Eyes is even better. 

Ghosts_on_TV

Is milk and cereal on this album? Thought I read that somewhere. Id imagine its completely reworked if it is.

Jon T.

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 25, 2011, 11:07 AM
Is milk and cereal on this album? Thought I read that somewhere. Id imagine its completely reworked if it is.

No. It's a complete different song called Milk and Sugar.  I guess homeboy likes his milk.  Was Milk and Cereal ever on an album?  I know I used to have it on a collection of songs of his, but it was from years and years ago when I used to dl stuff from Kazaa.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Jon T. on Feb 25, 2011, 11:30 AM

No. It's a complete different song called Milk and Sugar.  I guess homeboy likes his milk.  Was Milk and Cereal ever on an album?  I know I used to have it on a collection of songs of his, but it was from years and years ago when I used to dl stuff from Kazaa.

It was never on an "official" album.

e_wind

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 25, 2011, 11:56 AM

Kazaa. Old school.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

iLikeBeer

Quote from: e_wind on Feb 25, 2011, 12:52 PM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Feb 25, 2011, 11:56 AM

Kazaa. Old school.

Ahhh.  The reflecting on the good ol' days...  8)