Streak for the Cash!

Started by Jon T., Mar 02, 2011, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Anyone play this game on espn.com?  It's a pretty cool pick'em game.  Basically it gives you about 10 games a day to choose from.  Some of the picks are straight up but the majority of them involve a prop of sorts.  The goal is build the longest winning streak, choosing one game at a time.  Once your current game is over, you can choose the next one.  This covers just about every sport.  Pretty neat and a chance to win some big bucks.  It's free but the winner each month wins at least $50,000 with a chance to win substantially more. 
I created a group if anyone is interested.  Free to join.  I have one group where we are in for $10 a month amongst ourselves but I figured this one could be just for fun. 

Anyway, if you're interested go here http://streak.espn.go.com/en/groupfind?entryID=3320115
Click on join group.  Our group is "My Morning Streakers"  password "sweetpickles"  .

Also, there is an app for it for iPhone users.

Ruckus

In :thumbsup:

C'mon peeps.  Join in! :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

;D  I had a feeling you'd be interested in this.  It's addicting. My wife walked in on me watching women's volleyball a couple of months ago. She's like, "why are you watching women's volleyball".  I'm like,"uhh, I got a good streak going and I picked this game".   awkward.

Jon T.

Hey Ruckus- check in on Streak tomorrow.  They're having a competition for MLB opening day.  Tons of games/props to pick all day and whoever has the best streak of the day wins 5K.  I've had to lay off picks the last few days because my streak is winning in my money league. In that league, after you post a potentially winning streak, it's a good idea to just sit on it in case anyone else ties you (tie breaker is win%).

Ruckus

Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 30, 2011, 03:08 PM
Hey Ruckus- check in on Streak tomorrow.  They're having a competition for MLB opening day.  Tons of games/props to pick all day and whoever has the best streak of the day wins 5K.  I've had to lay off picks the last few days because my streak is winning in my money league. In that league, after you post a potentially winning streak, it's a good idea to just sit on it in case anyone else ties you (tie breaker is win%).
I frickin' totally forgot!  I was working all day and didn't even look.  Doh!  How'd ya do?
Thanks for the heads up anyhow.  I think I'm actually gonna borrow your idea because it seems I've found at least a group of 10 or 12 that want to do a monthly pot. 
Are we cool w/o a licensing fee? :beer:
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Jon T.

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 01, 2011, 10:07 AM
Quote from: Jon T. on Mar 30, 2011, 03:08 PM
I frickin' totally forgot!  I was working all day and didn't even look.  Doh!  How'd ya do?
Thanks for the heads up anyhow.  I think I'm actually gonna borrow your idea because it seems I've found at least a group of 10 or 12 that want to do a monthly pot. 
Are we cool w/o a licensing fee? :beer:

I just saw this...

I thought I sent you a pm a while back to see if you wanted to get into my money pool.  I may not have sent it though.  Anyway, I think I got to 4 that day, but my W9 for the month won our group.  Fun game especially with a good group of people.  Have you started a group?  I am having issues in my other group with getting more people signed up.  It's not letting anyone else join right now.  Not sure what the problem is and if other people are having the same problem.