The T5 countdown to Circuital

Started by CC, Mar 03, 2011, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

It was Steam, Masterplan and Golden.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on Mar 07, 2011, 10:17 AM
I AM the spreadsheet nerd as many of you know.   Again, anybody that wants it, just send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you.  It covers their entire career.

Least played tracks from each album.

1) If All Else Fails    1 Time
2) Butch Cassidy   5 Times

1) If It Smashes Down   1 Time
2) I Needed It Most   14 Times

1) Rollin Back   15 Times
2) One In The Same  18 Times

1) Knot Comes Loose  15 Times
2) Into The Woods 16 Times

1) Remnants  11 Times
2) Two Halves  26 Times

Yay statistics, thank you so much! :)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Mar 07, 2011, 12:09 PM
It was Steam, Masterplan and Golden.
Here's all 3 videos.  Golden is .mp4, Steam and Masterplan are .flv files, all playable on most media software.  They are awesome!

Jim James Rolling Stone Sessions

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1HTAPYIA
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ghosts_on_TV

Yeah, that 04 MOF tour Jim played a bunch of rare shit. One in the same, I cant wait, oxen, always on my mind...
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mahg33ta

I AM the spreadsheet nerd as many of you know.   Again, anybody that wants it, just send me a PM and I'll e-mail it to you.  It covers their entire career.

1) Remnants  11 Times
2) Two Halves  26 Times

I don't doubt the "spreadsheet nerd", but I'm surprised Rollin Back has been played that much.   I thought it was something like 5-6 times.   Are you counting the 1 minute Rollin Back intros that were played this year at a bunch of shows?

e_wind

Quote from: mahg33ta on Mar 07, 2011, 12:32 PM

1) Remnants  11 Times
2) Two Halves  26 Times

I don't doubt the "spreadsheet nerd", but I'm surprised Rollin Back has been played that much.   I thought it was something like 5-6 times.   Are you counting the 1 minute Rollin Back intros that were played this year at a bunch of shows?

Yeah I thought it was 4 after T5
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

BH

Quote from: mahg33ta on Mar 07, 2011, 12:32 PM

1) Remnants  11 Times
2) Two Halves  26 Times

;D   Well, now I remember debating whether or not to list them.   It appears that there were 7 "Rollin' Back" intros, leaving a full legitimate 8 Rollin' Backs.   

Hey the spreadsheet nerd isn't perfect.   ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Ghosts_on_TV

So I'm assuming that April 12th will bring the album art, tracklist and release date as well as the new song.

dookie shoot bandit

Def agree with that!!  April 12th= album art and album release date!!  Was also thinking the new song could be a live recording from the eu night?  Circuital? Wonderful?  Friends Again?

johnnYYac

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Mar 08, 2011, 08:15 PM
Def agree with that!!  April 12th= album art and album release date!!  Was also thinking the new song could be a live recording from the eu night?  Circuital? Wonderful?  Friends Again?
I get your thinking re: T5 releases.  I would hope they'd spring one of the tracks, not yet heard by fans played live in 2010.  Hell, Wonderful goes back to maybe 2007?  Yep, 6-3-07, Yim solo at the Rud.  Friends Again debuted 4-20-10 in B'ham and Circuital 8-11-10 in San Diego.  I think we deserve one of the "new" new songs.  Please.

BH

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 08, 2011, 09:13 PM
I get your thinking re: T5 releases.  I would hope they'd spring one of the tracks, not yet heard by fans played live in 2010.  Hell, Wonderful goes back to maybe 2007?  Yep, 6-3-07, Yim solo at the Rud.  Friends Again debuted 4-20-10 in B'ham and Circuital 8-11-10 in San Diego.  I think we deserve one of the "new" new songs.  Please.

Already making use of my spreadsheet JY?

Ghosts_on_TV

I think it will be a "new" new song.

e_wind

This is off topic but the EU thread (1 year later) didn't seem to make the cut and it goes along with Wonderful being heard in 2007. Look at You is a song written for Obama, or so people say.  Is this correct? Ive noticed a lot of recordings back to 07 or even 06 that he plays Look at You solo. He would have to be A. really into politics, and B. really lucky with the outcome to write that song for obama two years before the election, much less the inauguration, when there were still so many democratic candidates. Just a thought...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

aMillionDreams

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 08, 2011, 11:07 PM
This is off topic but the EU thread (1 year later) didn't seem to make the cut and it goes along with Wonderful being heard in 2007. Look at You is a song written for Obama, or so people say.  Is this correct? Ive noticed a lot of recordings back to 07 or even 06 that he plays Look at You solo. He would have to be A. really into politics, and B. really lucky with the outcome to write that song for obama two years before the election, much less the inauguration, when there were still so many democratic candidates. Just a thought...

No, it was written for his grandmother who passed away. However, it seemed to take on a different, more political meaning, if not interpretation, after that.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

jones

Quote from: aMillionDreams on Mar 08, 2011, 11:19 PM
Quote from: e_wind on Mar 08, 2011, 11:07 PM

No, it was written for his grandmother who passed away. However, it seemed to take on a different, more political meaning, if not interpretation, after that.
Yes, nicely put aMD.

johnnYYac

Quote from: BH on Mar 08, 2011, 09:27 PM

Haha, actually didn't use it for this.  I had looked up my earliest recording of Wonderful some time ago, so there may be an earlier recording I don't have.  I was at the debut for Friends Again.  I used the MMJ website to check the setilist archive for the first show with Circuital.  Its gonna take me some time to fully realize the glory of that spreadsheet.  It is awesome!  I recommend everyone check it out; an amazing amount of work.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 09, 2011, 11:12 AM
Quote from: BH on Mar 08, 2011, 09:27 PM

Haha, actually didn't use it for this.  I had looked up my earliest recording of Wonderful some time ago, so there may be an earlier recording I don't have.  I was at the debut for Friends Again.  I used the MMJ website to check the setilist archive for the first show with Circuital.  Its gonna take me some time to fully realize the glory of that spreadsheet.  It is awesome!  I recommend everyone check it out; an amazing amount of work.

I'm not so much making use of the spreadsheet... but rather I'm staring at it in absolute amazement! :D I might be repeating myself here, but well done! Such a beautiful thing! I may or may not be harassing my neighbors with it as I write this... ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

lyricjunkie

:) It's just so easy to feel happy with MMJ.... especially when they share the love like this!
wonderful sounds from our 'tucky boys!!
Talk less....
Say more.

ManNamedTruth

So we should expect another download sometime today I hope! I just checked my e-mail and the last one was dated last thursday at 5:25 pm.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

subinai

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on Mar 10, 2011, 03:11 PM
So we should expect another download sometime today I hope! I just checked my e-mail and the last one was dated last thursday at 5:25 pm.

march 14th