The T5 countdown to Circuital

Started by CC, Mar 03, 2011, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

Great recording. I was wishing for something a little more rare, but now I'm glad this is the choice. Probably my favorite tune from EU.

NOW, One week until a studio recording from Circuital. Cannot wait. I would love for this to be something we haven't yet heard, but Circuital, Friends Again, or Wonderful would be fine by me as well.

After I typed that, I realized it could just be a T5 recording of one of those songs, couldn't it? Did they ever say it would be a new recording? I don't know.

edit: just read the original post by CC, and it says the first 5 will be live songs, so I assume the 6th will be what we've all been waiting for.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Robbman

I was REALLY hoping for Touch Me 2, but can't complain at this song either.. sounds great.

The DARK

New My Morning Jacket in T minus 7 days! In other news, Smokin' is awesome.
In another time, in another place, in another face

mahg33ta

Quote from: el_chode on Apr 04, 2011, 07:15 PM
In all of music ever made, this is the second best song to play air drums to

That is a very bold assertion.   One I can't disagree with immediately, but need to think about.   I love the rat-tat-tat-tat during the chorus-  "smokin from shootin" ... rat-tat-tat-tat, "smokin from shootin'", rat-tat-tat-tat...

Erik26

Quote from: The DARK on Apr 04, 2011, 08:26 PM
New My Morning Jacket in T minus 7 days! In other news, Smokin' is awesome.

Love the avatar and Troll Toll sig! :beer:

I would guess (although I don't know what the point is anymore) that the DL for next week is going to be whatever is the first single from the album. I am hoping for something a little more rockin than 'Friends Again' or 'Wonderful' but that's just me. Mostly what I would like is something completely new that nobody has heard.

Exciting next 7 days for Bonnaroo folk--New MMJ tune AND lineup additions!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Dillsnufus

my favorite from the t5 singles
butch cassidy
obh
smokin from shootin
b4u
ttwhs
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

bluesky

ditto
      :thumbsup:

Quote from: headhunter on Apr 04, 2011, 07:13 PM
Love It!!!!!!    6 months removed from October and it still resonates.

Love these reminders of one of the greatest weeks of my life and certainly the greatest musical week ever.

buymycar

Butch Cassidy and Smokin From Shootin make perfect bookends for the T5 Countdown.  It means MMJ is going all in with guns ablazin'.

Bigsky

So far we have 5 songs, 28 minutes of pure T5 bliss...this is becoming a very nice EP. I think once they release all of T5 on a DVD/CD box set, with the cover of each DVD/CD being the poster from that night...I will be floating on the carpet of my melted face... :D

el_chode

Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 04, 2011, 08:53 PM
Quote from: el_chode on Apr 04, 2011, 07:15 PM
In all of music ever made, this is the second best song to play air drums to

That is a very bold assertion.   One I can't disagree with immediately, but need to think about.   I love the rat-tat-tat-tat during the chorus-  "smokin from shootin" ... rat-tat-tat-tat, "smokin from shootin'", rat-tat-tat-tat...

The rat-tat-tat is great, but put it loud and turn up the bottom end to listen to how dynamic Patrick gets with that kit. It's almost as if he is taking the lead in the song and everyone else is keeping the rhythm.

The number one air drum song, of course, is Run Thru.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Bigsky on Apr 05, 2011, 09:14 AM
So far we have 5 songs, 28 minutes of pure T5 bliss...this is becoming a very nice EP. I think once they release all of T5 on a DVD/CD box set, with the cover of each DVD/CD being the poster from that night...I will be floating on the carpet of my melted face... :D
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

darkglow

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 05, 2011, 01:48 PM
Quote from: Bigsky on Apr 05, 2011, 09:14 AM

if only there were video cameras at T5

Im The Dude

Is anyone thinking about a Pre-order special package that might be online here in the next few weeks for the album?

I hope, like I've seen by some bands they do a bundle with vinyl+CD+shirt etc...
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Dillsnufus on Apr 04, 2011, 08:58 PM
my favorite from the t5 singles
butch cassidy
obh
smokin from shootin
b4u
ttwhs

I've only listened to butch cassidy so far.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad. 

e_wind

Can you all believe that in 5 days we'll have some brand spankin' new jacket music
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 06, 2011, 12:58 PM
Can you all believe that in 5 days we'll have some brand spankin' new jacket music

I want circuital right now. this tantric love making shit is wearing me out.

dookie shoot bandit

Even though I would really like it to be a new song we have never heard... I am curious to hear studio version of "circuital"!!!

el_chode

Wait so is today the day?

EDIT: No, I woke up this morning feeling good and limber, when my telephone it rang. It was bad news from the band's main page, tellin on the 12th, a new song it would bring.

Today is only the 11th.
I'm surrounded by assholes

scosby2

Quote from: el_chode on Apr 11, 2011, 10:36 AM
i thought it was today...looks like it is tomorrow though

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: scosby2 on Apr 11, 2011, 10:38 AM
Quote from: el_chode on Apr 11, 2011, 10:36 AM
i thought it was today...looks like it is tomorrow though

Is it just me, or has the announcement changed from "Circuital" to "a song from Circuital"? Not that it matters, just curious.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.