Main Menu

Arctic Monkeys

Started by HighlySuspicious, Mar 10, 2011, 10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighlySuspicious

Arctic Monkeys Announce Fourth Album Details
Arctic Monkeys will release their fourth album, entitled 'Suck It and See' on Monday 6th June 2011.

'Suck It and See' features 12 new Arctic Monkeys' songs and was produced by James Ford at Sound City Studios in Los Angeles.

The album will be available on CD(WIG258CD), vinyl(WIG258LP) and via digital download(WIG258D). The tracklisting for 'Suck It and See' is below:

She's Thunderstorms
Black Treacle
Brick by Brick
The Hellcat Spangled Shalalala
Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
Library Pictures
All My Own Stunts
Reckless Serenade
Piledriver Waltz
Love is a Laserquest
Suck It and See
That's Where You're Wrong

Any fans here?  What did everyone think of Humbug?  I, for one, loved it and am anxiously looking forward to this new one. 

And in case you missed the surprise song they released about a week ago:

Arctic Monkeys - Brick By Brick

Source:  http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/

wolof7

I like them. They are great live. I once saw them at a venue in the Northeast for like 20 bucks...it was between their first and second album.

There was a guy there from England who was standing in front with me and some friends. He reported that at that time it was more cost effective to fly to the states to see the band for a string of small club shows rather than pay outrageous scalped ticket prices for 1-2 sold out theatre shows they were playing at in England during that time.

Oh to be 2007 again with such disposable incomes, if we would have only known what lie in the months ahead.  ;)
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

mjk73

New album is streaming on Consequence of Sound and NME's sites right now. Very different feel. Very late 60's early 70's sound which is a trend they started on their previous album. Much more mature sounding. Hard to believe this is the same band that made You Look Good On The Dancefloor.

kotchishm

New album "AM" is out.  NME had this to say: Arctic Monkeys' fifth record is absolutely and unarguably the most incredible album of their career. It might also be the greatest record of the last decade.

While I think that may be over the top, this is a fantastic album.  I linked a B-Side and it's actually my favorite new tune of theirs

Arctic Monkeys - Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You (Official Audio)
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Mahgeetah34

How's their new album? I plan to buy it within the next week and the two singles I've heard from it are great.  I already got my tickets for one of their shows in early October and really look forward to it.

kotchishm

Quote from: Mahgeetah34 on Sep 11, 2013, 12:57 PM
How's their new album? I plan to buy it within the next week and the two singles I've heard from it are great.  I already got my tickets for one of their shows in early October and really look forward to it.

I like it.  Obviously not the best album of the decade as NME proclaimed but really solid.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

dmooney99

def. a grower, real good, IMO.  Might be their best since Favourite Worst Nightmare and i pretty much like everything they have done.

Glad they added R U Mine.  Other than that also digging, One For The Road, Arabella, Snap Out Of It and I Want It All

dmooney99

So I saw the Arctic Monkeys in philly a few night ago.  Very cool concert.  Enjoyed hearing the new songs live especially Arabella, Knee Socks, and One For The Road. They also debuted No. 1 Party Song live which was cool (not a huge fan of the song) but cool nonetheless. But the coolest part was at the very end. Some dude in the audience had a GoPro camera on a hat or something and Alex noticed it and wanted to borrow it and put it on Matt's head so he drummed with it on during R U Mine. I had no idea what it was at first, thought it was just a hat or something.   

Arctic Monkeys R U Mine, Matt Helders GoPro Footage

Setlist:
Do I Wanna Know?
Brianstorm
Dancing Shoes
Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair
Teddy Picker
Crying Lightning
Snap Out of It
Brick by Brick
Old Yellow Bricks
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
Arabella
Pretty Visitors
I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor
Cornerstone
No. 1 Party Anthem
Fluorescent Adolescent
Knee Socks

Encore:
One for the Road
Do Me a Favour
R U Mine?

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: dmooney99 on Sep 12, 2013, 01:41 PM
def. a grower, real good, IMO.  Might be their best since Favourite Worst Nightmare and i pretty much like everything they have done.

Glad they added R U Mine.  Other than that also digging, One For The Road, Arabella, Snap Out Of It and I Want It All

I listened to the album a few times this week, and it's very good.  Those same songs are my favourites as well.  It's a really mature-sounding album, showing the band has really grown.

wolof7

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Sep 21, 2013, 03:44 PM
Quote from: dmooney99 on Sep 12, 2013, 01:41 PM

I listened to the album a few times this week, and it's very good.  Those same songs are my favourites as well.  It's a really mature-sounding album, showing the band has really grown.

I think the new album is amazing and to me is the biggest surprise this year. I was not a huge fan of Humbug and although I have Suck it and See, I don't think I've ever listened to it. However, this album may make me revisit both those albums.

I saw them on the rail  once in Providence right before FWN came out. It was a great show. We stood next to 2 English chaps who stated that it was cheaper (or at least comparable) and easier to fly to the States and find tix there then to get tix for them in England at that time in a venue that size (Lupos's capacity: 1200). The show wasn't even soldout! That kind of blew my mind.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

subinai

i am loving this album. took me completely by surprise.

capt. scotty

Quote from: subinai on Sep 22, 2013, 10:03 AM
i am loving this album. took me completely by surprise.

This.

Never really listened to Arctic Monkeys much before. I remember them and their debut blowing up back when I was in college, and I gave it a shot then, but I couldn't get into it. Ive pretty much dimissed them since. I heard a song on the radio a few weeks ago that I love, saved some lyrics in my phone, but forgot to follow it up. Of course, I heard it again on the radio and they said it was Arctic Monkeys. I was pretty shocked, and it seems their sound has matured over the last 5 years, or maybe refined is a better word. Either way, that lead me to listening to AM and Im loving it. It'll definitely end up being one of my favorites of 2013.

After listening to AM, I listened to their older albums, and while I didnt dislike them as much as I recall (at least for the 1st album), Id have to agree with the critics that with AM theyve made their best album to date.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons