What song was on Parenthood?

Started by sweatboard, Mar 11, 2011, 10:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatboard

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I couldn't find anything about it.  I've never heard the song, is it off Circuital?  It was beautiful.  I had to rewind the dvr a few times and close my eyes and tune out the overdramatic acting.
There's Still Time.........

e_wind

I thought I heard someone say it was something off of Xmas Fiasco. I've never seen it though so I could be wrong
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

iLikeBeer

If it is the same song I'm thinking of, it wasn't MMJ, it was JBM also known as James Merchant.

Is this the song?

JBM-Going Back Home

johnnYYac

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 11, 2011, 10:42 AM
I thought I heard someone say it was something off of Xmas Fiasco. I've never seen it though so I could be wrong
Good memory, but that was an episode of How I Met Your Mother, I believe.  See the Tiny References thread under The Band.  I don't watch either show, so...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

marino13

http://www.tunefind.com/show/parenthood

Great website for finding music from TV shows.

Was it a Ben Sollee/Daniel Martin Moore Song?  "Needn't Say a Thing"?  There was also a song of theirs in Season 1.  From the music listed here, looks like I need to start watching that show.

Edit:  Oops, sorry, just saw the most recent episodes weren't listed on the website yet.

sweatboard

I am absolutly sure it was Jim singing and I have never heard the song.  Someone said it was on mmj's facebook but I don't get facebook at work. 

e_wind

Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 11, 2011, 01:06 PM
I am absolutly sure it was Jim singing and I have never heard the song.  Someone said it was on mmj's facebook but I don't get facebook at work.

I just checked their FB, and you definitely know all the songs on their FB. I'm Amazed, Golden, Gideon, Touch Me 2, and Dancefloors.

Do you know what the episode was called or anything?

sweatboard

It was last week on Parenthood.  The one where everyone was having relationship problems and hurting each others feelings.  I think there was just a message about it on their facebook.  I don't really know much about facebook.

e_wind

lets get to the bottom of this

sweatboard

Exactly!!

It sounded like it has some lyrics like "Let yourself go before your heart turns to stone" or something like that.  It had some authentic piano (not keyboard) It was sooooo good. Jim did some really awesome oooohwhaaa shit.

SaraBananaBear

Seems like the music for each episode is listed here: http://www.nbc.com/parenthood/music/
But I can't see any MMJ though  :(
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

wolof7

All the episodes are streaming on hulu...I would watch but I am at work. Do you know the name of the episode and around what time the song appeared in the show? I can try and fast forward to that part.
http://www.hulu.com/search?query=parenthood&st=0&fs=null
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

mahg33ta

I have a relative who works in the music placement business.   She has a database that lets her search for what songs have been used.

She said the database isn't updated instantly, so that may be the issue.  But, there is nothing for Parenthood currently showing up.

There is:
House (One Big Holiday)
One Tree Hill (TMIGT Scream)
How I Met Your Mother (off the record)
Frings (Thank You Too)

sweatboard

The scene was that chick from Bad Santa and Gillmour Girls sitting on the couch with some douche with a goatee, he's an english professor or something.....he's telling her how awesome of a writter she is, blahahbhaahblahbllah

joey_rogo

my friend told me a few days ago that she was watching this show and heard jim singing but wasn't sure what song it is. i would also like to get to the bottom of this.

e_wind

Its around the 34 minute mark. At parts I can hear Jim, but at parts I think its not Jim. Personally I'd have to vote for the JMB song.

wolof7

tunefind.com has this written
Going Back Home by JBM
(0:48) Sarah and Mark in the guest house talking about her writing

Man that guy really sounds like/ sings like Jim
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

sweatboard

Thanks guys it is the JBM song.  He does sound very much like Jim.

johnnYYac

Quote from: sweatboard on Mar 11, 2011, 01:18 PM
It was last week on Parenthood.  The one where everyone was having relationship problems and hurting each others feelings.  I think there was just a message about it on their facebook.  I don't really know much about facebook.

;D ;D ;D

I don't even watch the fuckin' show and that cracks me up!  You are one funny mofo, sweatboard.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Mar 11, 2011, 11:44 AM
If it is the same song I'm thinking of, it wasn't MMJ, it was JBM also known as James Merchant.

Is this the song?

JBM-Going Back Home

that's creepy
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.