My review of Circuital

Started by el_chode, Mar 14, 2011, 05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 21, 2011, 10:41 PM
thanks for the link.   tons of good info in there.    feels strange to be reading about such unfamiliar song titles.
I was just thinking whether it was too much info. :-\  Thanks for the link for sure Dills.

And yes, that is the best 1st track name ever.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

mahg33ta

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2011, 10:43 PM
thanks for the link.   tons of good info in there.    feels strange to be reading about such unfamiliar song titles.
I was just thinking whether it was too much info. :-\  Thanks for the link for sure Dills.

I was having that reaction too.   After such little info (even track names hard to come by) it was a bit of overload just have all that there.   But I guess we'd better get used to it - first of many I'm sure.

Ghosts_on_TV

Had a feeling friends again wasn't going to make the cut.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Kenny76

Quote from: mahg33ta on Apr 21, 2011, 10:47 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 21, 2011, 10:43 PM

I was having that reaction too.   After such little info (even track names hard to come by) it was a bit of overload just have all that there.   But I guess we'd better get used to it - first of many I'm sure.

I had to stop myself from reading it.  The reviewer must have confused Circuital with some other album.  I want to hear more about the Circuital we all know and love.

Seeker

Wow- what a rollicking thread. Took a left turn there didn't it?

darkglow

Quote from: Seeker on Apr 22, 2011, 01:53 AM

i feel like i just got violated.. can't lie and say i didn't read the whole tracklist and review..  :o

dookie shoot bandit

So Im Confused? Or maybe I'm on of those RATARDS?  But where the hell did you guys get the album already?

On another note: Read the tracklist, and not happy about Friends Again gettin da boot!  It sucks when this song and songs like Oxen get shelved and unless your a fan won't ever be heard by the world.

Ruckus

Quote from: darkglow on Apr 22, 2011, 02:07 AM

i feel like i just got violated.. can't lie and say i didn't read the whole tracklist and review..  :o
My bad guys.  I shouldn't have responded in this thread.  Erykah Badu adding vocal flourishes to the otherwise middling track Cornelius Abercrombie was much needed.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

JaneCool

So, I do believe.....

markcel

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 22, 2011, 09:24 AM
Quote from: darkglow on Apr 22, 2011, 02:07 AM

My bad guys.  I shouldn't have responded in this thread.  Erykah Badu adding vocal flourishes to the otherwise middling track Cornelius Abercrombie was much needed.

That was her?  Was she speaking that language from Avatar or was it Vulcan?

kotchishm

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Apr 22, 2011, 08:20 AM
So Im Confused? Or maybe I'm on of those RATARDS?  But where the hell did you guys get the album already?

On another note: Read the tracklist, and not happy about Friends Again gettin da boot!  It sucks when this song and songs like Oxen get shelved and unless your a fan won't ever be heard by the world.

I'm not sure anyone has it yet......purity rings......
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

e_wind

dammit i shouldn't have read this thread. I didn't wanna be disappointed about Friends Again not making the cut until I had other new songs to make me happy. DAMMIT. hopefully it'll released on a single.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

scosby2

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Apr 21, 2011, 02:04 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on Apr 21, 2011, 10:29 AM
Quote from: markcel on Apr 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
Quote from: MarkW on Apr 21, 2011, 09:09 AM
I can't believe no-one has mentioned the bagpipe jam at the end of track 10.  I hate bagpipes, and this sequence almost ruined the whole album for me.  It was only the choral interlude at the end of the first side, sung by miniature YY clones, which rescued it from disaster.

I liked the bagpipes, but maybe that's just me.

On a different note, has anyone tried playing it backwards yet?  If so, anyone actually going to follow the directions?  I mean I like the band and all, but that seems a little extreme.

I left it in until the cheese turned golden-brown, but it still tasted undercooked. Maybe I'll try again.

You have to start it on the stovetop, and finish in the oven. What temp did you have it on? Going by the spoken word riddle buried in the mix on victory dance, I think I've got it down.
so i'm pretty sure i misinterpreted something...i've been using a turkey fryer this whole time...

on a side note...i read the review and now i kind of wish i hadn't looked at it...it does get me pumped about hearing victory dance though

capt. scotty

Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Apr 21, 2011, 11:35 PM
Had a feeling friends again wasn't going to make the cut.

Might be a good thing, meaning the rest of the album is just that good (though Id personally rather have it on there over Wonderful).

Also, Im kind of glad I read that article drunk last nite...I dont remember much outside of most of it sounding jawesome
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

el_chode

If at any point any of this thread has disappointed you, remember that it was "premised on a lie and at no point can you really be sure you know what you've read."

Those are the lyrics from Slow Slow Tune
I'm surrounded by assholes

DaFunkyPrecedent

why do you guys insist on ruining this album for other "purist" like myself.
God damn those shaky knees.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: kotchishm on Apr 22, 2011, 11:31 AM

Chode for sure has heard it.   only a couple people actually have it.  but it is out there and it is very very good.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Apr 24, 2011, 12:50 PM

you don't have to read the reviews mang, sheeit.

darkglow

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Apr 24, 2011, 04:02 PM
Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Apr 24, 2011, 12:50 PM

you don't have to read the reviews mang, sheeit.

DaFunkyPrecedent... you been around here for a while but I must say that I can't tell if you are trollin' or not right now.. i don't know if you are taking all this literally or what but you should not take half of what is in this thread literally

Dillsnufus

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Apr 24, 2011, 04:01 PM
Quote from: kotchishm on Apr 22, 2011, 11:31 AM

Chode for sure has heard it.   only a couple people actually have it.  but it is out there and it is very very good.

what is out there? maybe i missing the context but if i'm not i would like to know what is out there? ;)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus