merch question: "slim T"

Started by JerseyDan, Mar 16, 2011, 12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerseyDan

i wanna buy a t-shirt (specifically the Tennessee Fire jawn) but am a bit concerned about the "slim T" description. i usually take a Large in American Apparel t-shirts...anyone have one of the recent shirts and can consult on if these size Large are comparable?

e_wind

The TN Fire from their 99 tour that got reprinted? I usually wear an XL, sometimes a Large (though larges sometimes aren't long enough for me, but I'm skinny enough for a large) and I have an XL fits beautifully. wearing it now actually.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

JerseyDan

my concern is i've got a beer-gut, so "slim fit" scares me a bit. e-wind: who is the manufacturer of the t-shirt? i'm looking to buy the same one you own

peafunk31

Quote from: JerseyDan on Mar 16, 2011, 08:55 AM
my concern is i've got a beer-gut, so "slim fit" scares me a bit. e-wind: who is the manufacturer of the t-shirt? i'm looking to buy the same one you own

Hola fellow beer gut sporter! I've purchased 2 shirts from the merch store in XL. After 1 washing, they have become my wife's night shirts. In my opinion, get a shirt 1 size larger than you normally would. They seem to shrink a bit.
Homer no function beer well without.

el_chode

I'd ask Honest Man how the sizes work if he's not busy. That's his thang
I'm surrounded by assholes

APR

Go one size larger than typical.  I usually wear medium shirts, and the MMJ large slim T is still a little on the small size for me.

e_wind

All these people are telling the truth. 1 size larger. I've had to give shirts to my girlfriend from the jacket that don't fit when they're my size. I'm 6 foot and not skin and bones but still skinny if that helps. Wear a 32 or 34 waist in my pants.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Jellyfish

Every MMJ shirt I have ever purchased was too small for me.So,I decided to get 2x with the Tenn Fire shirt and it's too small,go figure.Usually a 2x shirt for me is loose fitting,that's the way I like them.Oh well,maybe they will get some 3x sizes and I will try that.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

MMJ_fanatic

Hey Jellyfish--haven't seen you post in awhile, welcome back (or was I not watching close 'nough?)
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

Jellyfish

Quote from: MMJ_fanatic on Mar 16, 2011, 11:34 PM
Hey Jellyfish--haven't seen you post in awhile, welcome back (or was I not watching close 'nough?)
Hey man thanks.I'm still here,lurking mostly but post from time to time.The board has changed a lot since me and you joined years ago.I still worship this band though.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need