Detroit Show??

Started by stuand, Oct 07, 2008, 08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenflow1989

QuoteStill nothing? This is truly tragic....please, i'll pay 50 bucks right now for this.....:(

Brother,

Where were u standing for the concert? I wonder if we were near each other? Do you remember the guy in line that was playing guitar for money?

I was right in front of Jim at the show, just a little to his left I think. Where were you?

Before the show, outside the venue, I was by this really nice homeless guy that this typical Detroit cop was being a huge dick to, man what an asshole, did anyone see that?

Oh and Dudley, I thought the sound was pretty good for the most part, granted I was also getting sounds from the monitors though, haha. Although Jim's strat during Anytime and Aluminum Park was really muddy.

Yeah I saw that guy.. He was told to keep moving and dropped all his shit?? That guy was a creep man kept showing me his pistons schedule for some reason.. The reason cops do this is because the hobos bother the people who come to detroit for the shows and such.. The more people that come and enjoy it the more money the city makes.. I think he was rather polite though. lol He said something about the way the man smelled that made me laugh my ass off..

Yeah, i'm from the other side of the state and I realize that part of Detroit is usually inhabited by out of towners, but that guy seemed friendly enough. He was asking for cigs and asking about the band, how long they'd been around, how big they were, etc.

The cop was making fun of him, telling him he had nothing to contribute to society and that he was drinking urine. Oh well. The guy seemed nice enough and harmless.

So yeah, uh, great show, where the hell is this boot? :) :)

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteStill nothing? This is truly tragic....please, i'll pay 50 bucks right now for this.....:(

Brother,

Where were u standing for the concert? I wonder if we were near each other? Do you remember the guy in line that was playing guitar for money?

I was right in front of Jim at the show, just a little to his left I think. Where were you?

Before the show, outside the venue, I was by this really nice homeless guy that this typical Detroit cop was being a huge dick to, man what an asshole, did anyone see that?

Oh and Dudley, I thought the sound was pretty good for the most part, granted I was also getting sounds from the monitors though, haha. Although Jim's strat during Anytime and Aluminum Park was really muddy.

Yeah I saw that guy.. He was told to keep moving and dropped all his shit?? That guy was a creep man kept showing me his pistons schedule for some reason.. The reason cops do this is because the hobos bother the people who come to detroit for the shows and such.. The more people that come and enjoy it the more money the city makes.. I think he was rather polite though. lol He said something about the way the man smelled that made me laugh my ass off..

Yeah, i'm from the other side of the state and I realize that part of Detroit is usually inhabited by out of towners, but that guy seemed friendly enough. He was asking for cigs and asking about the band, how long they'd been around, how big they were, etc.

The cop was making fun of him, telling him he had nothing to contribute to society and that he was drinking urine. Oh well. The guy seemed nice enough and harmless.

the sad thing is a lot of the cops in detroit do not live there. they live in the surrounding suburbs 30minutes away.  they don't give a fuck about all those hobos and crime.  detroit is corrupt.  if this new dude running for mayor gets elected here there's going to be even more cops they say.  not good.  

stevenflow1989

Brother,

the sad thing is a lot of the cops in detroit do not live there. they live in the surrounding suburbs 30minutes away.  they don't give a fuck about all those hobos and crime.  detroit is corrupt.  if this new dude running for mayor gets elected here there's going to be even more cops they say.  not good.  

Very sad. 'Oh Detroit, Lift Up Your Weary Head! (Rebuild! Restore! Reconsider!)

One day that city will be the best, just like it was intended to be.

mcfearless

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but is there anyone that knows anything about the bootleg for this show?  I'm starting to think it'll never surface.  It was my first Jacket show.  Gotta have it.

Im The Dude

QuoteNot to get anyone's hopes up, but is there anyone that knows anything about the bootleg for this show?  I'm starting to think it'll never surface.  It was my first Jacket show.  Gotta have it.

Ive been waiting for a long time. Someone has to have this show.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

QuoteNot to get anyone's hopes up, but is there anyone that knows anything about the bootleg for this show?  I'm starting to think it'll never surface.  It was my first Jacket show.  Gotta have it.

I hear ya man.  This show was really really energized.  I thought the roof was going to explode.  easily the best performance I've seen of the band out of like 6 or 7 shows.  the crowd was so into it all night long, seemed like there was a lot of hardcore fans there.  I bet the tapes are jacked because of all the screaming and yelling.  that OBH at the end alone probably fried the tapers headphones because everyone in that place was singing so loud.  it almost overpowered the band it was so crazy.

at least you and the rest of the gang got to catch this show as well.  we are a small group of fans who got a really special night, I suppose its better off left under a bed or something.  

at least we have this unbelievably bad ass video of Run Thru.  it does capture.. almost.. the vibe of the entire night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVT2m2RthDc

(reposted for nostalgia)

Im The Dude

I hear ya man.  This show was really really energized.  I thought the roof was going to explode.  easily the best performance I've seen of the band out of like 6 or 7 shows.  the crowd was so into it all night long, seemed like there was a lot of hardcore fans there.  I bet the tapes are jacked because of all the screaming and yelling.  that OBH at the end alone probably fried the tapers headphones because everyone in that place was singing so loud.  it almost overpowered the band it was so crazy.

at least you and the rest of the gang got to catch this show as well.  we are a small group of fans who got a really special night, I suppose its better off left under a bed or something.  

at least we have this unbelievably bad ass video of Run Thru.  it does capture.. almost.. the vibe of the entire night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVT2m2RthDc

(reposted for nostalgia)

Ahh, that was one great song that night! It's coming up to one year in the next few days.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

I wonder if it would be worthwhile to make a thread for tapers of the MOF tour and tours beyond.  monsters of folk might be a good starting point because there are going to be a fans who want to hear it.

mmj's fanbase has seriously seriously increased.  they have the pearl jam and dave matthews band base.  pretty soon, if all goes well and they tour hard across the country we'll have tapes for not only every single show, but high quality ones.  there is a website ran by dmb fans called dreamingtree.org

this plays needs an mmj sharing site like that where we'll be sharing only with other fans, no bullshit.  just a thought.  

mcfearless

Checked in hoping for an update on this show.  So disappointing that it never surfaced.  Someone else in another thread said that it's only available to Louisville residents or something?  Why the hell would that be? 

Anyways, can't believe I didn't post this before now.  Here's a video I shot of OBH that closed the night if I remember correctly.

My Morning Jacket 10-4-08 One Big Holiday

Im The Dude

I miss this show. It was my wires first show......thanks for the video post. Gotta keep this thread alive.