YouTube MMJ Perfromance from 1999

Started by YungYave, Mar 24, 2011, 02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YungYave

I'm sure many if not all of you have seen these clips on Youtube, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyways in case somebody hasn't. There's probably already a thread on this somewhere too, it looks like the videos were posted over a year ago. If you type in "My Morning Jacket 1999" there are about 6 videos from a September '99 performance at Headliners in Louisville. I've been addicted to these for the past week, the visual and audio quality are definitely sub-par, but these are priceless. I was amazed to see they had OBH and IWSYS in their arsenal back then. They are so young and so clearly ahead of their years, and Jim's outfit is hilarious. The intro of I Will Sing You Songs is a haunting piece of art, gives me goosebumps.
his arms were thin, and off into the night they ran

Im The Dude

I haven't search on youtube in a while for early MMJ. But you reminded me to do so...

I wish there was more earlier shows on their. This is a great videos for "It's About Twilight Now" from early 2000's...I just can't remember where....
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

1978SGJ

Quote from: Im The Dude on Mar 26, 2011, 12:33 AM
I haven't search on youtube in a while for early MMJ. But you reminded me to do so...

I wish there was more earlier shows on their. This is a great videos for "It's About Twilight Now" from early 2000's...I just can't remember where....

My Morning Jacket - It's About Twilight Now (7/8/2000)
enjoy dude.

johnnYYac

Quote from: YungYave on Mar 24, 2011, 02:59 PM
I'm sure many if not all of you have seen these clips on Youtube, but I figured I'd throw it out there anyways in case somebody hasn't. There's probably already a thread on this somewhere too, it looks like the videos were posted over a year ago. If you type in "My Morning Jacket 1999" there are about 6 videos from a September '99 performance at Headliners in Louisville. I've been addicted to these for the past week, the visual and audio quality are definitely sub-par, but these are priceless. I was amazed to see they had OBH and IWSYS in their arsenal back then. They are so young and so clearly ahead of their years, and Jim's outfit is hilarious. The intro of I Will Sing You Songs is a haunting piece of art, gives me goosebumps.
I'd come across these vids awhile back, but thanks for the reminder.  Sometimes, while waiting for the newest music to surface, its cool to go back to the beginning...

Also, it predates the earliest audio recording I've found, http://www.archive.org/details/mmj1999-12-14.shnf

To save you time, here's a link to the YouTube search "MMJ 1999":

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=my+morning+jacket+1999&aq=f

The vids, posted below in setlist order, come from this show:

1999-09-16 Headliners Music Hall - Louisville, KY

1. One Big Holiday
2. I Will Sing You Songs
3. War Begun
4. Old September Blues
5. Evelyn Is Not Real
6. The Bear
7. The Dark
8. It's About Twilight Now

Note:
Harvest Showcase

My Morning Jacket 1999 performance of One Big Holiday

"I Will Sing You Songs" - My Morning Jacket, 1999

"War Begun" - My Morning Jacket, 1999 performance

"Old September Blues", My Morning Jacket, 1999

continued...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Erik26

Oh Johnny, always coming through huge, thanks for the vids buddy!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

johnnYYac

Yer welcome!  Now, I'm may try to stick 'em together and rip the audio.

johnnYYac

Okay, I used some cheap, free YouTube to mp3 software to rip audio from the vids, trimmed the overlapping audio, and split the final vid, with the last two songs, into separate tracks.  Its a bit sloppy, but I like having this audio, the earliest and complete show I've heard.

Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IHZZPMTS

Im The Dude

nice up loads....wow...they looks so young. I can't believe 1999 is so long ago. Wow.
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11