Old stuff that some have already read ;)

Started by SaraBananaBear, Mar 28, 2011, 12:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SaraBananaBear

When running through the interweb I do occasionally find some old MMJ stuff and though some of you (maybe even most of you) might have read some of it already, I thought I'd throw some of it in here. Just in case someone hasn't found it. :)

Favorite of the day:
2001 Exclaim JJ questionnaire - http://exclaim.ca/Features/Questionnaire/jim_james-my_morning_jacket

Quote"I think every time I pick up the guitar and play with the boys it is a fucking blessing. Every time someone tells me that they enjoy my music and that it means something, to me I have accomplished my mission. "
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

EasyRyder

QuoteBut life is just a never-ending series of moving on, rebuilding and destroying.

how very circuital of him to say that  ;) ....Thanks for the read, Sara!! I hadn't found this one before.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: EasyRyder on Mar 28, 2011, 03:26 PM
QuoteBut life is just a never-ending series of moving on, rebuilding and destroying.

how very circuital of him to say that  ;) ....Thanks for the read, Sara!! I hadn't found this one before.

Oooh that's true, didn't think about that, very circuital indeed! Goodie that someone hadn't seen it before. When I find something older I usually assume it's already been posted, but then I thought if I just post it in one thread hopefully the repetition won't bother people too much :)

Erik26

Somebody posted this on inforoo and I had never read it before. It is Grace Potter (SHWING!!) interviewing MMJ. Good stuff!
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

Dodobird

Great stuff Sara! Thanks much. I never read this before. My favorited was

How do you spoil yourself?

"I wrap myself in tinfoil and sprinkle powdered sugar and lemon juice on myself, then I get 50 of my closest friends and do the same to them. We all get in a big plastic bag and pretend we are lemon drop candies. Then one person is the "eater" and he or she "eats" every last one of us."

JJ is HILARIOUS! He never gives a normal answer!

BTW - I just found this old article from the Wall Street Journal! Pretty cool

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121279574667353639.html

Sara,
Are you going to any MMJ shows this summer? When's the last time you saw them?
I am def going to see them at Mt Jam in June (upstate NY). I am going to be headed over to your part of the World in August!

Cheers,
Brian
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

johnnYYac

Quote from: Erik26 on Mar 28, 2011, 07:15 PM
Somebody posted this on inforoo and I had never read it before. It is Grace Potter (SHWING!!) interviewing MMJ. Good stuff!

Can we have a link or can you copy/paste it here?   :dankk2:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Dodobird on Apr 01, 2011, 01:37 PM
Great stuff Sara! Thanks much. I never read this before. My favorited was

How do you spoil yourself?

"I wrap myself in tinfoil and sprinkle powdered sugar and lemon juice on myself, then I get 50 of my closest friends and do the same to them. We all get in a big plastic bag and pretend we are lemon drop candies. Then one person is the "eater" and he or she "eats" every last one of us."

JJ is HILARIOUS! He never gives a normal answer!

BTW - I just found this old article from the Wall Street Journal! Pretty cool

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121279574667353639.html

Sara,
Are you going to any MMJ shows this summer? When's the last time you saw them?
I am def going to see them at Mt Jam in June (upstate NY). I am going to be headed over to your part of the World in August!

Cheers,
Brian

Glad you liked it! That was one of my favorite parts as well... after all what better way to spoil one self could there possibly be? ;) And thanks for sharing the Wall Street Journal article, don't think I've read that one before :)

So far I'm going to the London show, I'd like to go to the Latitude festival as well, but it's a tad too expensive for me right now, but maybe if I smash all my piggy banks it might work out... The last time I saw them was never! So I'm really looking forward to this show :D Glad to hear that you're going to see them too, have you seen them many times before?

You're coming to Europe? Which country/countries? Seems like a good month to come over, can't speak for all of Europe, but Sweden is usually pretty nice in August! :)

Dodobird

You're coming to Europe? Which country/countries? Seems like a good month to come over, can't speak for all of Europe, but Sweden is usually pretty nice in August! :)
[/quote]

Yes. I have seen them a good few times now. First found MMJ at Bonnaroo in 2005! Been hooked since! Went to all 5 nights at T-5 too, among a few others shows in the NY area.

I am going to Scotland (Glasgow) in August to compete in the World Championships of Bagpiping with my Band (NY Metro Pipe Band). Our goal is to be the 1st U.S. Pipe Band to win the championships! Fingers crossed....

But after the competition I was planning to head to Sweden to relax! I have never been before and heard it is beautiful. Especially the beaches! I grew up on the beach in NY. Believe it or not we have nice beaches in NY too (in Queens). Where would you recommend I go in Sweden? I was looking into it today and was thinking about Gothenburg. Where do you live? Feel free to send me a PM if you prefer. Would love to get some good advice from a native! I would do the same for you if you ever come to NY!  :) Thanks much
Wakin up feelin good and limber!

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Dodobird on Apr 01, 2011, 04:40 PM

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Apr 01, 2011, 02:41 PM

Yes. I have seen them a good few times now. First found MMJ at Bonnaroo in 2005! Been hooked since! Went to all 5 nights at T-5 too, among a few others shows in the NY area.

I am going to Scotland (Glasgow) in August to compete in the World Championships of Bagpiping with my Band (NY Metro Pipe Band). Our goal is to be the 1st U.S. Pipe Band to win the championships! Fingers crossed....

But after the competition I was planning to head to Sweden to relax! I have never been before and heard it is beautiful. Especially the beaches! I grew up on the beach in NY. Believe it or not we have nice beaches in NY too (in Queens). Where would you recommend I go in Sweden? I was looking into it today and was thinking about Gothenburg. Where do you live? Feel free to send me a PM if you prefer. Would love to get some good advice from a native! I would do the same for you if you ever come to NY!  :) Thanks much

You got it, lots of advice coming your way! :)

ChiefOKONO

that was so awesome thank you.. laugh of the day!!!

Erik26

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 01, 2011, 02:22 PM

Wow did I ever space out on that one! I always send emails to classmates without the attachments as well. Anywho here ya go!

http://www.relix.com/features/2011/03/17/five-guys-a-lady-grace-potter-interviews-my-morning-jacket-relix-revisited
The fact that my heart's beating,
Is all the proof you need

johnnYYac

Quote from: Erik26 on Apr 04, 2011, 09:01 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 01, 2011, 02:22 PM

Wow did I ever space out on that one! I always send emails to classmates without the attachments as well. Anywho here ya go!

http://www.relix.com/features/2011/03/17/five-guys-a-lady-grace-potter-interviews-my-morning-jacket-relix-revisited
Wow!  Awesome article.  Grace makes a great interviewer.  Very cool stuff, all new to me, from '08.  I love looking back as we await the future and Circuital.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.