My Morning Jacket to release Circuital on May 31st

Started by Reggie, Mar 28, 2011, 05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

subinai

johnnYYac

Y'know, I told myself I would hold off on listening to the album until its official release and yet went to hear the sample on Amazon without hesitation.  I guess what I meant is, I won't seek out illegal, leaked tracks.

Also, after hearing this little 10-20 second snippet, my imagination continued the song in my head and it was an epic jam, powerful guitar and horns and just awesome! 

I'm hoping if my imagination can conjure up such a thing, it might turn out to be a surprisingly poignant track.  Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I doubt it. 
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BH

I don't want to hear samples.  I'm afraid I'll get a massive case of blue ears.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

darkglow

Quote from: BH on Apr 11, 2011, 04:39 PM

you are going to have an enormous case of blue ears anyways leading up to the release of the album...

promo releases and live shows.. etc

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: BH on Apr 11, 2011, 04:39 PM

exactly.

gardenparty

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 11, 2011, 02:47 PM
Also, after hearing this little 10-20 second snippet, my imagination continued the song in my head and it was an epic jam, powerful guitar and horns and just awesome! 

I'm hoping if my imagination can conjure up such a thing, it might turn out to be a surprisingly poignant track.  Maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I doubt it.

yeah, Johnny, be careful doing that.  I've been let down many times after doing just that.
But...this is MMJ so you're probably spot on.

wolof7

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 11, 2011, 02:47 PM
Y'know, I told myself I would hold off on listening to the album until its official release and yet went to hear the sample on Amazon without hesitation.  I guess what I meant is, I won't seek out illegal, leaked tracks.

Ha, I did the same thing. No will power when it comes to this band whatsoever.
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

sweatboard

The hook on that bassline is so badass and could also be what takes them to sold out arena show status.  If it's the first single we could be in for a smells like teen spirit type of reaction.   
There's Still Time.........

e_wind

Quote from: sweatboard on Apr 11, 2011, 09:31 PM
The hook on that bassline is so badass and could also be what takes them to sold out arena show status.  If it's the first single we could be in for a smells like teen spirit type of reaction.   

thats quite the order there
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

sweatboard

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 11, 2011, 09:44 PM
Quote from: sweatboard on Apr 11, 2011, 09:31 PM

thats quite the order there

I hope that's not the case.  I'm not even sure how the music industry works these days.  Can a band that is really a legit band and doesn't go out of thier way to make themselves a comodity even become super huge at this point.  In some ways I want the world to embrace mmj because it could only make the world a better place.  In some ways I just want them to fly under the radar because it would make for better shows and cut out a bunch of bullshit.
There's Still Time.........