'Circuital' so has anyone actually heard the album in full yet? Any reviews?

Started by fortbethel, Apr 19, 2011, 05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

subinai

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

BH

How much would I need to pay you to NOT join the new Roll Call forum?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

scosby2

Tracy 2112

elchode has heard it. He says it sounds pretty amazing and there are a lot of really good songs. he said some of the songs are slow and som eof the songs are fast. He also said that a couple of songs start out real slow and then it is not as slow but WHOA it like speeds up really fast and there is some bass and drums and guitar and singing and some screaming and yodelling and then it slows down and sort of just like real slow but then a sproradic part that really isn't fast as much as it it loud and then some of the other songs start out slow and they do this cool thing in the middle where there is like a chorus and then sometime there is a little bit of reverb and one time Patrick like playes the drums really fast and then sort of slow and Bo is like keeping up with a different tempo and it sort of sounds like that one song they did at that place when they were like playing all those other songs and then got quiet and Jim said something to the audiince and then tommy plays this killer line like DADADADADADADADAD DA  DA   DAADADDDADADADA and there's a snare roll but right after that they get real quiet and then play a song that's jello playing an aqua tent where the grass falls to one side hemp colors of the rights for all coming all over in different elemennts catsing big eyes in a rich prallel to moments
thats what Chode said
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 19, 2011, 07:36 PM
elchode has heard it. He says it sounds pretty amazing and there are a lot of really good songs. he said some of the songs are slow and som eof the songs are fast. He also said that a couple of songs start out real slow and then it is not as slow but WHOA it like speeds up really fast and there is some bass and drums and guitar and singing and some screaming and yodelling and then it slows down and sort of just like real slow but then a sproradic part that really isn't fast as much as it it loud and then some of the other songs start out slow and they do this cool thing in the middle where there is like a chorus and then sometime there is a little bit of reverb and one time Patrick like playes the drums really fast and then sort of slow and Bo is like keeping up with a different tempo and it sort of sounds like that one song they did at that place when they were like playing all those other songs and then got quiet and Jim said something to the audiince and then tommy plays this killer line like DADADADADADADADAD DA  DA   DAADADDDADADADA and there's a snare roll but right after that they get real quiet and then play a song that's jello playing an aqua tent where the grass falls to one side hemp colors of the rights for all coming all over in different elemennts catsing big eyes in a rich prallel to moments
thats what Chode said

chode eplains it better.  he played that yodeling song for me over the phone and it sounded kinda like this:

Focus - Hocus Pocus

mjk73

big hungry joe

i've actually heard the album. the song "Circuital" isn't even on the album. it's mostly acapella except for the last song, "gorgoth" which is 28 minutes long and the only instrument is bongos with the rest of the band scatting about different books they've read over the last 4 years. it's pretty fascinating, but hardly their best.

br00ke

i do know there are advanced copies out there and i know some folks that have heard it because of their job or who they are. i have not listened to the album and i haven't asked them anything about it. i'm waiting for my time in the sun

el_chode

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on Apr 19, 2011, 08:12 PM
Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 19, 2011, 07:36 PM
thats what Chode said

chode eplains it better.  he played that yodeling song for me over the phone and it sounded kinda like this:

Focus - Hocus Pocus

Yeah, but I think it shows that the band has done the dreaded "m" word and mature. I mean just look at the flute solo at 5:23 in Hangin on to Black Metal. It shows Yim's baritone side quite beautifully even as Carl toots on the flute.  Still, when Nicole Atkins comes in on the secret track (Put Your Hands Up to Mine), it really comes across as a true-to-its-roots Electro-Americana Punk album, which in my opinion, shows just how far the boys have come since playing for pennies as shoeless mountain men at bistros in Memphis.
I'm surrounded by assholes

br00ke

i'm really wanting someone to come in here and get legitimately mad for a hot minute

peafunk31

LIES!! It's a Lawerence Welk tribute album inspired by the horrorcore stylings of the juggalo nation. Get it right please
Homer no function beer well without.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Bigsky

Ruckus

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head