Main Menu

Kaki King

Started by FiddleCastro, Apr 11, 2011, 01:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiddleCastro

"There are some guitar players that are good. There are some guitar players that are really f'n good. And then there is Kaki King." - Dave Grohl

One of my favorite live acts, her style of guitar playing is incredible.  Saw her over the weekend, and realized my old Kaki King thread was lost in the transfer!

I'm laying this out this way because i feel she has a much different vibe live compared to their studio counterparts, her studio versions are usually incredible, but she's got a live energy to her that brings these songs to the next level. However, On Youtube quality clips, her vocals tend to get overpowered by the music....

Live Instrumentals!
Bone Chaos in the Castle
Kaki King - Bone Chaos At The Castle

Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers - Starts at about 2:20
16/16 Kaki King - [Encore 2/2] Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers + Crowd Surfing/Impromtu Dance Party (HD)

Doing The Wrong Thing \ My Nerves That Committed Suicide (Miindblowing, Totally Bad-ass)
14/23 Kaki King - Doing The Wrong Thing/My Nerves That... (Mashup) @ 9:30 Club, Washington, DC

Album songs!
Spit It Back In My Mouth
Kaki King - Spit Back In My Mouth

Pull Me Out Alive
Kaki King - "Pull Me Out Alive" Music Video

Falling Day
Kaki King - Falling Day

Life Being What It Is
Kaki King - Life Being What It Is

Kaki King and I at City Winery!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Penny Lane

what did you think of the City Winery?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 11, 2011, 09:17 AM
what did you think of the City Winery?

It was nice! I did not purchase anything, as everything was quite expensive!

FiddleCastro

Kaki King will be performing with others very soon on on http://www.live4sendai.tv/

"I'm going to be performing on live4sendai.tv in a few hours to raise money for Sendai and wonderful charities. Amanda Palmer, Zoe Keating, Imogen Heap, Jamie Cullum, KT Tunstall, and others along with amazing speakers. Please come and join in, I should be performing in a few hours with some of the guitar freaks that you might not have seen."

Ghosts_on_TV

Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

FiddleCastro

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Apr 14, 2011, 04:29 AM
Quote from: Ghosts_on_T5 on Apr 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
I dig!

Then, I hope to see you at a Kaki King show in the future!

5/23 Kaki King - The Betrayer @ 9:30 Club, Washington, DC 4/29/10

I would totally go see her. As I was watching those videos I was thinking "I bet she was at some Bonnaroo I was at, and she totally flew under my radar." Sure enough...

Kaki King Bonnaroo 2009 Sonic Stage
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

mjk73

She was set to do a show in a tiny club here (I was pumped to see her) and she had to cancel.  :(

FiddleCastro

Quote from: Darklands on Apr 14, 2011, 07:07 AM
She was set to do a show in a tiny club here (I was pumped to see her) and she had to cancel.  :(

Recently? She got hurt before her last few shows of her last tour, and I was holding off buying tickets. She's doing well now, and she's trying to reschedule all her missed shows!

And Ghosts, that was my first real exposure to her, well, at least when she played one of the tents that year.  She was on the Solar Stage against the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and no one wins that battle in my mind. Maybe the Jacket... Maybe...
Kaki King - Montage

mjk73

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Apr 14, 2011, 01:33 PM
Quote from: Darklands on Apr 14, 2011, 07:07 AM

Recently? She got hurt before her last few shows of her last tour, and I was holding off buying tickets. She's doing well now, and she's trying to reschedule all her missed shows!

Yep, at the end of March.