Main Menu

White Denim

Started by Paulie_Walnuts, Apr 12, 2011, 10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie_Walnuts

Playing London's King's College student union bar on Monday 16th May. Small venue. Awesome band. Don't miss it!

White Denim - All You Really Have to Do / Mess Your Hair Up [From the Basement]
Paulie W

wolof7

This band and their new freaking album is awesome!!!!!!

Definitely recommended if any of you are fans of the bands  black keys, akron/family, my morning jacket (ever hear of them?)

check out Street Joy

and here it is:

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/spinner#/3
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

capt. scotty

didnt realize they had a new 1 coming out then I go over to spinner and its streaming. I gues Ill find out if its any good the next couple days...right now the jacket album has consumed me
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Paulie_Walnuts

Only just had the link emailed to me. I'm half way through the album and it's sounding incredible! Saw them live a few weeks ago and I'd highly recommend going if anyone gets the chance.
Paulie W

walterfredo

these guys are playing at a small bar near my house tomorrow.   Guess I'll check 'em out.

Ruckus

Quote from: walterfredo on May 26, 2011, 12:27 PM
these guys are playing at a small bar near my house tomorrow.   Guess I'll check 'em out.
Jealous!  I've been dying to see them.  Still haven't listened to their new one yet.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

walterfredo

Quote from: Ruckus on May 26, 2011, 12:33 PM
Jealous!  I've been dying to see them.  Still haven't listened to their new one yet.

I have never listened to any of their music, not even a second.  Just thaw this thread, and about 10 minutes later received an email from the local promoter saying they're in town on Friday. 

Ruckus

Quote from: walterfredo on May 26, 2011, 12:48 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on May 26, 2011, 12:33 PM

I have never listened to any of their music, not even a second.  Just thaw this thread, and about 10 minutes later received an email from the local promoter saying they're in town on Friday.
I'd never heard of them until Paulie started a thread about them two years ago here.  I guess that one was lost.  Either way, I was sold immediately.  Such an energy and rawness that I figured would be spectacular before my eyes.

Ruckus

Go Walter Goooooo!!!

The new album is a gem!

walterfredo

Quote from: Ruckus on May 27, 2011, 12:36 PM
Go Walter Goooooo!!!

The new album is a gem!

absolutely gonna go tonight, it's literally a 5 minute bike ride from our house.  Wish I could give the album a quick listen, but I'm looking forward to it either way. 

capt. scotty

Damn, this is a good album..I think I only have their daytrotter on my ipod, but I definitely listened to their last album at least a couple times. I remember it being good but jarring track to track. This album flows like butter, and im talkin like the stick of butter not that spray on shit
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Paulie_Walnuts

Quote from: walterfredo on May 27, 2011, 01:56 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on May 27, 2011, 12:36 PM
Go Walter Goooooo!!!

The new album is a gem!

absolutely gonna go tonight, it's literally a 5 minute bike ride from our house.  Wish I could give the album a quick listen, but I'm looking forward to it either way.

Looking forward to your review Walter............
Paulie W

Ruckus

Quote from: capt. scotty on May 27, 2011, 11:36 PM
Damn, this is a good album..I think I only have their daytrotter on my ipod, but I definitely listened to their last album at least a couple times. I remember it being good but jarring track to track. This album flows like butter, and im talkin like the stick of butter not that spray on shit
Totally agree Headdy.  I think it's why I pointed out the brilliant flow of the album with such a variety of incorporated styles for the new one on the favorite records thread.  As you said, their last album was just a little too helter skelter for me as well.

Bravo WD.  I like this direction you're going in!

walterfredo

The show was great, absolutely loved it! The show was a bit shorter than I was hoping, but kick-ass high energy the whole time.

Is that bass player old enough to be in a bar?

Penny Lane

i love this album...it's straight out of the 70s! i don't even know how to describe it..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

I was just telling my friend that while I like all the artists they're cribbing from, I don't particularly like this.   :(

Ho well.
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

bold992006

This album is so good...my favorite of the year so far.

vespachick

Best undercard act at Sasquatch! They KILLED it!!! :thumbsup:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Ruckus

For sure my favorite album so far this year as well.  I just can't believe how they seamlessly blend seemingly disparate styles into a coherent, flowing album.  Truly a big step up from their last album.

I'm saddened though because I thought this would be a great year for music but this is my first album that I really  respect unlike some of my other favorites such as BJoe Lewis who I find to be real fun and that's it.

Around this time last year, I was listening to Futurebirds, Delta Spirit, JRoddy, Phosphorescent, Tallest Man on Earth, Kylesa and Dr. Dog among others.  I really hope the 2nd half is brighter this year.