Started by ChronicHunger, Apr 12, 2011, 01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiddleCastro

Quote from: rincon on Apr 17, 2011, 09:22 AM
Quote from: FiddleCastro on Apr 17, 2011, 03:16 AM
Quote from: Seeker on Apr 15, 2011, 01:55 PM
Quote from: rincon on Apr 14, 2011, 10:05 PM
Quote from: Seeker on Apr 14, 2011, 06:52 PM
I thought the "Instant Preorder Download" was for the whole CD on May 31. It's a zip file (for only one song?) which I don't have the software to unzip.
Do I know You?

I believe our Avatars used to be acquainted.  :)

Oh god, more Who Fans.  ;D
In what universe could that  be a bad thing?

Not the one I live in!
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

BIGVICLBI

My octoplasma is not in my itunes. I listened to it once now it says file isn't there.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: BIGVICLBI on Apr 18, 2011, 03:30 PM
My octoplasma is not in my itunes. I listened to it once now it says file isn't there.

it must have evaporated.

BIGVICLBI

Goddam I hate computers. Circuital isn't there now either. Says original file could not be found. Bull$hit!!!

el_chode

Quote from: BIGVICLBI on Apr 18, 2011, 08:32 PM
Goddam I hate computers. Circuital isn't there now either. Says original file could not be found. Bull$hit!!!

Things that may have happened:

• You downloaded it into a "downloads folder" and since moved/deleted the copy from that folder
  • You got the twofer package that had Circuital and Octoplasm in a .zip file and opened it from the zip file without realizing it never copied to your iTunes music folder
  • If you're using an external drive for your music, it never copied
My advice is to open your iTunes prefs, make sure that you have "keep iTunes music folder organized" and "copy files to iTunes folder" both checked, then re-import.

I have had just about every problem possible with iTunes. It deleted an entire Sam Cooke collection on me while keeping the library contents, and every time I expand my hard drive to handle more music, it seems to lose more artists. They're artists I rarely listen to, but I'd still like to have for nostalgia reasons.
I'm surrounded by assholes

1978SGJ

diggin octoplasm.. BIG time. sounds like Zappa impregnating a minotaur. GLORIOUS.

Two Tone Tommy is seriously becoming my favorite member (next to Yim ofcourse); his tone.. and the lines he draws are just perfect. can't wait for the al-BOMB to drop; total sonic annihilation.. fuggeddahboudit.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: el_chode on Apr 19, 2011, 09:32 AM

Things that may have happened:

• You downloaded it into a "downloads folder" and since moved/deleted the copy from that folder
  • You got the twofer package that had Circuital and Octoplasm in a .zip file and opened it from the zip file without realizing it never copied to your iTunes music folder
  • If you're using an external drive for your music, it never copied
My advice is to open your iTunes prefs, make sure that you have "keep iTunes music folder organized" and "copy files to iTunes folder" both checked, then re-import.

I have had just about every problem possible with iTunes. It deleted an entire Sam Cooke collection on me while keeping the library contents, and every time I expand my hard drive to handle more music, it seems to lose more artists. They're artists I rarely listen to, but I'd still like to have for nostalgia reasons.

that's strange.  idump (not joking) is an awesome program for recovering files off your ipod if they get lost on your HD.  I've had to rip my entire ipod to my external because of an upgrade issue with their software.  itunes blows so hard.   

JaneCool

Do you still have the original link they sent to you? I couldn't find mine last night either, so I just went back to the email and downloaded it again, this time making sure I had them saved in a desktop file.
So, I do believe.....

the_wizzard

Quote from: JaneCool on Apr 17, 2011, 02:08 PM
Quote from: T5 wizzard on Apr 16, 2011, 12:37 PM
I hear a full-on Jerry Garcia vibe to the guitar, but not really a Grateful Dead sound. Anyone else here familiar with Jerry & Howard Wale's work together (Hooteroll)? Very similar sound to Octoplasm....

I am not, but I too got a Dead vibe from it. I love it!

Check, check, check it out....
Jerry Garcia's Guitar Sound "Hooteroll"

JaneCool

Quote from: T5 wizzard on Apr 19, 2011, 04:43 PM
Quote from: JaneCool on Apr 17, 2011, 02:08 PM
Quote from: T5 wizzard on Apr 16, 2011, 12:37 PM
I hear a full-on Jerry Garcia vibe to the guitar, but not really a Grateful Dead sound. Anyone else here familiar with Jerry & Howard Wale's work together (Hooteroll)? Very similar sound to Octoplasm....

I am not, but I too got a Dead vibe from it. I love it!

Check, check, check it out....
Jerry Garcia's Guitar Sound "Hooteroll"

Very cool, I like that a lot!  8)
And I hear what you mean.  ;)
So, I do believe.....

MMJ_fanatic

This track has Grateful DNA all over it, not picking up and Floyd or Cobra similarities at all tho'
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

dookie shoot bandit

Searching through my iPod and came across Octoplasm...

What ever happened to this Self Hypnosis Series?

And I thought I remembered when Roll Call first came out we were promised B-Sides and such?

tippitoes22

I don't care what they have listed as "Funky Improv Jam" on Portchester 12/27/12...
That shizz sure sounds like Octoplasm to me  :thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

Nikkogino

So was octoplasm the only song in the series?  Haha.

ChiefOKONO

Sadly, I think you're correct.  Please bring this back guys!!!!