NEW Explosions in the Sky streaming

Started by Tracy 2112, Apr 19, 2011, 06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Jane

one of my favorite bands and very excited about this album. i was fortunate enough to see them in this tiny church in Baltimore last year.

e_wind

Need to remember this when I get home
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mjk73

mjk73

And it's glorious. fuck it's glorious. Made better by the hellish storms that rolled through the area while I was listening.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: Darklands on Apr 19, 2011, 09:30 PM
And it's glorious. fuck it's glorious. Made better by the hellish storms that rolled through the area while I was listening.

Mikey? Is that you?

mjk73

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Apr 19, 2011, 09:53 PM

Mikey? Is that you?
:coffee:

Penny Lane

Quote from: Darklands on Apr 19, 2011, 10:07 PM

Mikey? Is that you?

i knew it! Me smart.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

mjk73

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 19, 2011, 10:15 PM
Quote from: Darklands on Apr 19, 2011, 10:07 PM

Mikey? Is that you?

i knew it! Me smart.
I did say yes the other day, but then I never say no. I'm easy.

Tracy 2112

I thought I recognized that ass in the red dress

mjk73

It is pretty fantastic. Mine almost looks that good in a similiar dress.

bowl of soup

Black out the windows, it's party time.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

Ruckus

Quote from: Jane on Apr 19, 2011, 06:27 PM
one of my favorite bands and very excited about this album. i was fortunate enough to see them in this tiny church in Baltimore last year.
So very jealous Jane.  By the time I caught wind of this show, getting a ticket was impossible.  I'm wondering if APR made it to this.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 20, 2011, 03:25 PM
So very jealous Jane.  By the time I caught wind of this show, getting a ticket was impossible.  I'm wondering if APR made it to this.

Yeah, that sounds pretty awesome. It was probably more of a spiritual  experience than the usual goings on at the church.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

e_wind

A female I know is studying abroad in Barcelona and EITS to her is what MMJ is to you and I. Her first week there I believe they're playing. WHAT LUCK IS THAT?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Ghosts_on_TV

I don't understand how they aren't a late night set at bonnaroo. Hopefully they play Thursday.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

dragonboy

Average reviews in Mojo & Uncut left me with low expectations for this but it's a really beautiful record. Can't wait to see them live next month!
God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven.....I can't live with that.

YouAre_GivenToFly

I was really into this band in college and only redcently heard that a new album was coming out. Had low expectations for this, but it really is fantastic.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Jane

Quote from: Ruckus on Apr 20, 2011, 03:25 PM

I'm on their mailing list and when i opened the email about upcoming shows, I would have bet my life they wouldn't be close to baltimore. then i saw, it on the list of 4 shows for the whole year, my heart fell into my stomach.

the church isn't so much a church anymore. it's called the 2640 space because of it's address, 2640 St. Paul. i also so Ben Sollee there in september. both shows were amazing in their own right. EiTS played to a room full of people who had traveled from all over in about 100% degrees. there was something about the notes of the music and the hot air and sweat, it was an amazing experience to say the least.

Tracy 2112

This is turning into one of my favorite EITS albums. Especially fond of these 2:

04 Be Comfortable, Creature

06 Let me back in