Jim James in person

Started by jessicachills, Nov 04, 2009, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jessicachills

on monday night i was lucky enough to catch the MoF show at Massey Hall... which was unreal. personally i was there to support Jim James. as an avid MMJ fan, this was the closest ive ever been to hearing MMJ or Jim live and im still in awe. his playing was flawless, and his voice has so much soul.
after the show, Jim signed my copy of his 'tribute to' album on vinyl. its now sitting back on my mantle but with his initials etched in purple!
i cant believe the presence he has in person... i was speechless but managed to get out a few well selected questions. he seemed so down to earth and humble...

still cant get over it... life changing experience

p.s. for all those who are banking on seeing MMJ live once in their lifetime - i asked if MMJ will ever tour again... and he said "... we will..." thank the good Lord

jessica

jones

Nice story and welcome, Jessica.

AMightyCaporal

Quoteon monday night i was lucky enough to catch the MoF show at Massey Hall... which was unreal. personally i was there to support Jim James. as an avid MMJ fan, this was the closest ive ever been to hearing MMJ or Jim live and im still in awe. his playing was flawless, and his voice has so much soul.
after the show, Jim signed my copy of his 'tribute to' album on vinyl. its now sitting back on my mantle but with his initials etched in purple!
i cant believe the presence he has in person... i was speechless but managed to get out a few well selected questions. he seemed so down to earth and humble...

p.s. for all those who are banking on seeing MMJ live once in their lifetime - i asked if MMJ will ever tour again... and he said "... we will..." thank the good Lord

jessica

quality story!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

Ghosts_on_TV

Quoteon monday night i was lucky enough to catch the MoF show at Massey Hall... which was unreal. personally i was there to support Jim James. as an avid MMJ fan, this was the closest ive ever been to hearing MMJ or Jim live and im still in awe. his playing was flawless, and his voice has so much soul.

jessica

Good stuff! I met Jim once as well and he was super nice. What a guy. :)
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Ive got an EVIL plan babe

You should have asked him what that weird instrument is that he plays on Touch Me Part 2.

...just kidding.  Very nice!
Just cause it starts off slow babe, doesn't mean I  don't have evil urges.

weeniebeenie

Very cool story Jessica.
How loud can silence get?

Zippo24u

all this weight was just lifted off my shoulders
Don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down

Soulshine

jessica

Welcome Jessica! I plan on seeing you at some MMJ shows next year!
Because we're all in this together...

Ghosts_on_TV

Quoteif i had time, would have gone through dozens of questions but out of respect i didnt want to badger him... definitely should have asked why WAR BEGUN hasnt made it onto any studio albums.. (mind you the live version on L.O.Z. is unreal in itself)...such a good track.

if MMJ goes on tour again, you might see me at every show. no joke.

War begun is on The Tennesse Fire, MMJ's debut.  :)

lasvegas

probably a good thing you didn't ask that...oops.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Ghosts_on_TV

Quoteits a completely different version vs whats on their debut album ( the one released in 2007, not 1999).
check it out.. its very dirty.

It is quite badass. The one on The Tennessee Fire (The Album, not the demos) is a studio version.  

goose

Yeah it is pretty badass too with the acoustic solo.
Hooked on four like one, two, three

kydiddle

jessica

Great story! And thumbs up for managing to ask about an MMJ tour. :) :)
Cow temperature.

headcount

headcount

Here's an interesting piece about Jim James on HeadCount.org's blog. A really neat interview with James talking about his stance on music and politics. http://www.headcount.org/blog/?p=2935

Enjoy!

hodgeswm

I thought I had every MMJ release to date. What is this live "War Begun" you speak of?
10.8.05-4.21.06-6.16.06-11.13.06-6.13.08-8.15.08-12.31.08-4.24.10-10.31.10-6.10.11-6.22.11

xmascriminal

Quotei ordered the at dawn/tennesee fire demos album which has an unreal version of war begun live at WFPK on it. check it out.

I think the version of It's About Twilight Now on there is absurdly good.

xmascriminal

I love reading interviews with these guys.

Matt: I play bass on a beautiful song, "Magic Marker" I also play organ on it.

Then, later . . .

Interviewer: Speaking of "Magic Marker", that's a beautiful song.
Jim: Thank you.
Matt: That's because of the bass.

jessicachills

ya and...

JAMES: No, it was like, "Touch my song. Touch it again. Like that. Touch it like that." [Laughs]

Sian-of-the-dead

Good story Jessica! I've often wondered how i'd react if I met Jim... I'd probably get tongue tied and fall on the floor a jibbering wreck to be honest... so kudos for not doing that and for asking the question we all would want to ask!  8-)

They'll be touring again YAYYYYYY!!!!  :D ;D
Don't let 'em take who you are boy, and don't try to be who you ain't...