Main Menu

ATO

Started by el_chode, Dec 01, 2009, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

el_chode

Odd question...

Does anyone know ATO's official relationship with Sony? I was talking with a guy at Sony and he said he believed it was only a distribution arrangement, but during his presentation he included Okonokos as an example of the "hybrid" digital market for quality "music multimedia entertainment"
I'm surrounded by assholes

aMillionDreams

As far as I know, they are only the distributor, but I don't know (or quite understand) all the ins and outs.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

el_chode

QuoteAs far as I know, they are only the distributor, but I know (or quite understand) all the ins and outs.

Same here. The way he presented the "digital hybrid" stuff of concert DVDs that were more than DVDs he made it seem like this is something that Sony is planning on really exploring due to the success of them, so I didn't know if they had a greater hand in it.

Plus I get wary when bigger labels get involved with live recordings.

wonderfulman

ATO is independent record company founded by Dave Matthews. As I'm sure you're aware, the main difference between independent and major labels is the fact that major labels are able to distribute their own albums. Since indie labels are not able to distribute their own records, they sign deals with major labels to have the albums distributed. It seems like My Morning Jacket won't leave ATO because they have full artistic freedom. Plus ATO has a killer lineup of bands, including Dave Matthews and Radiohead

el_chode

QuoteATO is independent record company founded by Dave Matthews. As I'm sure you're aware, the main difference between independent and major labels is the fact that major labels are able to distribute their own albums. Since indie labels are not able to distribute their own records, they sign deals with major labels to have the albums distributed. It seems like My Morning Jacket won't leave ATO because they have full artistic freedom. Plus ATO has a killer lineup of bands, including Dave Matthews and Radiohead

ATO is awesome and I'd love to intern for them one day if they ever have a legal department to have an opening.

I was just thrown for a loop by the way it was presented like Sony had a hand in Okonokos beyond distributing it.

Ghosts_on_TV

QuoteATO is independent record company founded by Dave Matthews. As I'm sure you're aware, the main difference between independent and major labels is the fact that major labels are able to distribute their own albums. Since indie labels are not able to distribute their own records, they sign deals with major labels to have the albums distributed. It seems like My Morning Jacket won't leave ATO because they have full artistic freedom. Plus ATO has a killer lineup of bands, including Dave Matthews and Radiohead

Dave Matthews band is on RCA.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

Penny Lane

ATO is awesome and I'd love to intern for them one day if they ever have a legal department to have an opening.

I was just thrown for a loop by the way it was presented like Sony had a hand in Okonokos beyond distributing it.

i kept emailing them about a legal internship a couple years ago. never heard anything...but you're IP, might have better luck.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

el_chode

i kept emailing them about a legal internship a couple years ago. never heard anything...but you're IP, might have better luck.

I went as far as to apply to their normal internship and write in my coverletter my true intentions...no reply haha. I EVEN OFFERED TO WORK FOR FREE