The inspiration behind "Holdin On To Black Metal"

Started by CC, Apr 26, 2011, 02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

Siamese Soul Thai Pop Spectacular Vol.2 - 60s/80s

The inspiration behind "Holdin On To Black Metal" comes from the song "E-Saew Tam Punha Huajai" by Kwan Jai & Kwan Jit Sriprajan that has been respectfully acknowledged and credited in the Circuital liner notes. The song appears on the amazing Siamese Soul: Thai Spectacular 1960s-80s Volume 2 compilation that is available to pick up here (and highly recommended): http://tinyurl.com/67se586

jones

It looks like there a few on ebay as well:

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=Siamese+Soul+thai&_sacat=0&_odkw=Siamese+Soul&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

If you could only get the word out to all of the crazies on Facebook that have been bickering for two days.

SaraBananaBear

Thanks Mr. CC! Hopefully people can calm down now  :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

walterfredo

...an unexplained spike in the number of Siamese Soul albums sold during late April, 2011.

Jon T.

Quote from: walterfredo on Apr 26, 2011, 04:09 PM
...an unexplained spike in the number of Siamese Soul albums sold during late April, 2011.

I'm sure there is and will be.  And I'm sure Jim and the TPP (Thai Pop People) knew that was going to happen.  He has always talked about enjoying exposing people to music they otherwise may not have known existed.  I'm also sure there will be plenty of uniformed bashers out there crying rip off. 

Edit - The bashers may or may not be wearing uniforms.  That is entirely a personal decision.  They will, more than likely, be uninformed, though.

MarkW

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

DaFunkyPrecedent

Seriously - people were gettin WAY to worked up about this whole thing. Thanks for posting this CC.

Music Is Love.
God damn those shaky knees.

el_chode

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Apr 26, 2011, 07:10 PM
Seriously - people were gettin WAY to worked up about this whole thing. Thanks for posting this CC.

Music Is Love.

Not just that, but I felt like 99% of the negative comments were not about how the song sounded or an issue that the song was not 100% original MMJ, but some sort of self-righteous legal outrage that the band did not instantly and pre-emptively credit the Thai group with a disclaimer before anyone heard the song.

Probably the same chimps who already pirated the leaked album.
I'm surrounded by assholes

Bigsky

Quote from: el_chode on Apr 27, 2011, 09:10 AM

Music Is Love.

Not just that, but I felt like 99% of the negative comments were not about how the song sounded or an issue that the song was not 100% original MMJ, but some sort of self-righteous legal outrage that the band did not instantly and pre-emptively credit the Thai group with a disclaimer before anyone heard the song.

Who was that guy???? ;)

el_chode

Quote from: Bigsky on Apr 27, 2011, 10:38 AM

Music Is Love.

Who was that guy? ??? ;)

Did you see facebook? There were a bunch of people giving legal analysis as to the rights and liabilities of this and were just shocked that the band didn't publish the liner notes at the same time.

Which is why I started trolling facebook comments haha
I'm surrounded by assholes

Bigsky

Quote from: el_chode on Apr 27, 2011, 12:11 PM
Quote from: Bigsky on Apr 27, 2011, 10:38 AM

Music Is Love.

Who was that guy? ??? ;)

Did you see facebook? There were a bunch of people giving legal analysis as to the rights and liabilities of this and were just shocked that the band didn't publish the liner notes at the same time.

Which is why I started trolling facebook comments haha

It's the American way...guilty until proven innocent...