How do you pronounce Circuital?

Started by goldbondking, Apr 27, 2011, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldbondking

Is it sir-kit-uhl or sir-kyoo-it-al?  They were talking about this on inforoo and I just wanted to see how other MMJ fans felt.  I always thought it was sir-kit-uhl but apparently it was announced as sir-kyoo-it-al.

e_wind

Yeah I pronounced it wrong according to the new video for louisvilles website
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

rusty95

Yeah listen to the commercial and jim in the studio version of the song.  The second example you gave is closer from what I can tell
Y'all got any disco ball back there?

JaneCool

It's pronounced sir-cue-it-al  ;)
So, I do believe.....

goldbondking

Cool, thanks.  Incredible that I've heard the song so many times (starting last August!) and yet was pronouncing it wrong.

JaneCool

You're very welcome. I thought it was the same pronunciation you did when I first saw the word.  ;)
So, I do believe.....

rincon

If you have ever been lost and driven in circles, but finally found your destination, you have taken a circuital route.

SaraBananaBear

You don't want to know how I pronounce it...  I don't think I'll ever be able to say it right! ;)
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

johnnYYac

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Apr 29, 2011, 10:45 AM
You don't want to know how I pronounce it...  I don't think I'll ever be able to say it right! ;)
According to some translators, in Swedish "Circuital" is "Ampères"
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Crispy

Quote from: rincon on Apr 29, 2011, 08:48 AM
If you have ever been lost and driven in circles, but finally found your destination, you have taken a circuital route.

My inner grammar nazi is coming out -- I think the word in that context would be circuitous.  :-X
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

you guys have it all wrong. 

Cy-R-que-Te-ill

come on, duh.

CTdeadhead

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

CTdeadhead

All of a sudden Im second guessing the way I pronounce Okonokos....

rincon

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 29, 2011, 12:20 PM
Quote from: rincon on Apr 29, 2011, 08:48 AM

My inner grammar nazi is coming out -- I think the word in that context would be circuitous.  :-X
You know I posted that in the wee hours. I realized before I read your respond I was wrong, and then it was pointed out. Same general idea though.

walterfredo

Thank you for starting this thread...somebody had to! 

bluesky

i've never been able to pronounce Okonokos

buymycar

I pronounce Okonokos: Rampant Bad-Assery