Yim Yames on new Booker T Jones Track

Started by Honest Man, May 01, 2011, 04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Honest Man

Not too sure if this has been posted yet or not but
here is a link to the album. Track is #3 to listen to. Album comes out
May 10th.  :thumbsup:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Road-From-Memphis/dp/B004XU0FOO/ref=sr_shvl_album_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1304281100&sr=301-5
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

EasyRyder

Whew! Even though it's short, I'm loving it! Thx for the linkage. I'm going to make sure to buy this one...
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Honest Man

Awesome soulful sound. I would love to get an album solo of stuff like that
The fact that my hearts beating, is all the proof you need.

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

woodnymph

Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

johnnYYac

Very interesting!  Sounds great.  It reminds me that a recent interview describes a studio built in Jim's home where he did some additional vocal tracks for Circuital.  The article said it was built for that and for Jim's upcoming solo album.  I've been waiting for that for 2 or 3 years now.  Maybe Friends Again will end up there!  Might be time for a Jim Solo thread soon.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

bold992006

Booker T just signed up to play this small local music fest I go to every summer put on by Bow Thayer and the Perfect Trainwreck.  Can't wait.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

woodnymph

headhunter

was some shakin' and some record playin'

RedPatokaSea

Awesome. That's some sweet funky soul music.

bold992006

does anyone know if the bonus tracks with Biz Markie and others..that are on the steam..are those going to be on the actual album?  when I go to his site it doesn't look like those songs are on it.

kotchishm

Song is available now on Amazon.  It slays so hard.
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

BH

Picking it up at lunch today!   I'll let you know this afternoon bold.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BH

Quote from: bold992006 on May 09, 2011, 08:30 AM
does anyone know if the bonus tracks with Biz Markie and others..that are on the steam..are those going to be on the actual album?  when I go to his site it doesn't look like those songs are on it.

Sorry got distracted yesterday!   My copy does not have the bonus tracks on it but I believe there is a special edition available that does.   Loving this.   Gonna be good listening this summer!

ms. yvon

i missed this thread but happened to see this album yesterday at the record store.  haven't heard the track yet...
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

johnnYYac

I went to buy this track and its listed on the Amazon site as "free".  Might be a limited time deal, so jump on it!

Progress (Feat. Yim Yames)
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

woodnymph

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 15, 2011, 11:19 AM
I went to buy this track and its listed on the Amazon site as "free".  Might be a limited time deal, so jump on it!

JOHNNYYAC YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!  Thank youuuuu!!!  :-D

mahg33ta

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 15, 2011, 11:19 AM

I scored this too.   Thanks for the heads up JY !!