Bin Laden Killed in Pakistan

Started by The DARK, May 01, 2011, 11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

subinai

crazy. just heard on the news that its 8 years to the day of Bush's "Mission Accomplished" speech?

mgriff73

It only took 10 years to catch an old man with dialysis needs and a 25 million dollar bounty on his head.  I feel safer already(sarcasm). 

mjk73

As one of my friends said, sarcastically, Do not let this distract us from the birth certificate situation. That's a matter of utmost importance.

I'm curious to see how this effects Obama's polls. This coupled with the Press Core Roast of the Don...I mean Press Core Dinner, I think he had a pretty damn good weekend. I'm sure Faux news will downplay.

YouAre_GivenToFly

66 years and 1 day after the death of probably the most famous mass murderer in history. Nice.

This probably doesn't make the US or the world any safer, but it might bring a little more closure or a sense of justice to the families of the victims of his attack, and that alone is cause for celebration.
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

Jaimoe

The ticker on Fox news this morning read: "Obama Bin Laden". I doubt it was a typo.

el_chode

I won't believe it until I see the long form death certificate
I'm surrounded by assholes

Jaimoe

Quote from: el_chode on May 02, 2011, 10:59 AM

Agreed. bin Laden buried at sea sounds "fishy".

lil sis

Here's a video my boyfriend and I took of our dog regarding the issue  ;D

Osama Bin Laden Dead Picture
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

iLikeBeer

That's effing classic sis!   ;D

I love the head tilting?!  My black lab does the same thing when you ask her questions!   :)

As for the 'fair and balanced' news station, I turned on their coverage last night for shits and giggles and not much to my surprise, they were more concerned about the retaliation that is sure to come and how important it was for President Obama to present his presser on the subject of Bin Laden's death and how pissed off Pakistan must be with us to carry out this covert op on their soil?!  I could only sit there and laugh at the hypocracy of that effed up news network and imagine how they'd probably be dropping confetti and baloons and launching streamers had the death of Bin Ladin happened under Dubyahs watch?!   ::)    :P

mjk73

Quote from: el_chode on May 02, 2011, 10:59 AM
Thanks. I now have to clean the nose squirted water off my desk.

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

am I the only one not even slightly afraid of a possible "counter attack" or whatever?  people keep saying it's inevitable, but what can these yuppies even do?  plant a pipe bomb in a parked car?  terrorist can suck my freedom fry eating dick.  my favorite phrase I heard today was "we cut the head off the cobra".  indeed we did.  ::waits for a terrorist to attack me::

gardenparty

trav

Quote from: mgriff73 on May 02, 2011, 12:13 AM
It only took 10 years to catch an old man with dialysis needs and a 25 million dollar bounty on his head.  I feel safer already(sarcasm). 

i completely understand your opinion, and its a popular and frustrated one. but what I think is going to come out in the coming days is that it appears he had a country, or atleast some military support for protection. he was just too close to the capital to call it coincidental. That makes it difficult to find someone, ecspecially when they probably provided false information so consistently. Not saying they did, but I suspect there is a chance of that.

Took far too long, but irregardless, the world is a little better with a person of his evilness off the earth. Won't change a hole lot, but atleast he's gone and the families can try and take a step forward that were affected. I dont believe in true "closure" but it doesnt hurt to hear he got shot in his face, at his house. Sounds like a good KICK ASS move to me. I just hope we dont have to celebrate deaths anymore in the future.

lil sis

Quote from: iLikeBeer on May 02, 2011, 12:16 PM
That's effing classic sis!   ;D

I love the head tilting?!  My black lab does the same thing when you ask her questions!   :)

He does that too when we ask him questions.  "Wanna......" and he does it every time.  I love it lol.
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

YouAre_GivenToFly

I think we can all agree that Navy SEALs are BADASS

el_chode

Sorry for the large file. This is supposedly the administration watching a helmet cam live stream of the raid, possibly at the moment of the headshot.
I'm surrounded by assholes

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: el_chode on May 03, 2011, 12:49 AM
Sorry for the large file. This is supposedly the administration watching a helmet cam live stream of the raid, possibly at the moment of the headshot.

Love that picture. The absurdly understated official blurb says it is members of the administration "waiting for an update".

Also, whatever is blurred out on Hillary Clinton's laptop has got to be some pretty awesome info.

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.