Main Menu

Jesse Marchant

Started by Northern Neighbour, Sep 10, 2014, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Neighbour

Jesse Marchant was previously known by the moniker (or his initials) JBM, but he's opted to use his full name. He released his third album yesterday, and it's really great. Highly, highly recommend. Reminds me a lot of Sun Kil Moon's "Benji", and Marchant's vocals even sound like a cross between Mark Kozelek and Jim James. Here's the little piece I wrote on the album.

http://therevue.ca/2014/09/10-mundomusique-jessemarchants-selftitledalbum/

EverythingChanges

I just listened to the opening track.  I can definitely hear the Jim James comparison in his voice.  It's not so much the pitch, but perhaps the tone?  I really like what I am hearing, and excited to listen to more.  Great read by the way!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Northern Neighbour

Thanks EC. Definitely Marchant's tone is similar to James'. If you listen to "All Your Promise", the similarities are much more noticeable.

Ob1jacobe

I <3 this album  :grin:  Thx Northern Neighbour for great review and getting this on my radar!

Also, everyone should check out the revue.ca on regular basis for great music recommendations and info!

Northern Neighbour

Yeah, JM's album is really good. Definitely among my favourites this 2nd half. So many good albums this year.

EverythingChanges

This album has been on repeat for me all weekend.  It is definitely one of the best from this year. Words Underlined, All Your Promise, Reminders Defeat (awesome piano on this one), and Snow Chicago are some stand outs for me!

Also, The Whip reminds me of Springsteen in a good way.

ironmike

EverythingChanges

Northern Neighbour

Quote from: ironmike on Sep 15, 2014, 08:43 PM
Anyone have a link?

Click on to the article and wrote and the whole album should be on there via Soundcloud.