Manchester Orchestra

Started by wolof7, May 02, 2011, 02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolof7

Any fans? I saw them open for Kings of Leon when they were touring behind Because of the Times and thought they were great live. Have not picked up any of their stuff but the new one Simple Math is streaming on their website (below) and think it's pretty decent/rockin'. For some reason they are hard for me to define....alternative in the vein of foo fighters (maybe)?

Take a listen: http://www.columbiarecords.com/simplemath/
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

capt. scotty

Haven't heard the new one yet but I dig them..They make me feel 10 yrs younger at times!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

vespachick

I gotta check these Manchester Orchestra guys out; WHITE DENIM is opening for them in October, and I must see them again....they ruled at Sasquatch.  Small club, Saturday night too!!! :beer:
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

vespachick

Johnny you just gave me chills, fer reals.  I'm listening to them on Spotify right now, but am switching gears..... :D

johnnYYac

Its not a GREAT cover, but shows they have good taste.  :thumbsup:
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

vespachick

Okay, well needless to say I will shelling out the $16 to see these guys headline over White Denim.   :thumbsup:

Thanks Yacc!

kotchishm

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

capt. scotty

Any news on their next album? Its been almost 2 years since Simple Math and they released their previous ones all about 2 years apart. I know Andy Hull had recently been touring for that side project Bad Books, but otherwise no clue.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ru-day

Lovvvvve these guys!! Saw them twice last year, each show was uniquely special. One of the few bands that sound equally as good on the record as in person. Manchester Orchestra is pretty dam special!!  :smiley:

manonthemoon

Quote from: capt. scotty on Mar 06, 2013, 07:49 PM
Any news on their next album? Its been almost 2 years since Simple Math and they released their previous ones all about 2 years apart. I know Andy Hull had recently been touring for that side project Bad Books, but otherwise no clue.

I just saw AH tweet something out yesterday from an interview where he talked about being burnt out with MO so that's why he did his personal album Right away great captain and then the Bad Books album/tour.  I think they will be in studio as soon as the tour is over so I would expect something towards the end of the year.  Love the band and the music, but the crowds at these shows tend to be the worst or at least the two times I have seen them.  Was blown away the first time, but the second time it was just okay.
Alive or Just Breathing

capt. scotty

Quote from: manonthemoon on Mar 06, 2013, 09:01 PM

I just saw AH tweet something out yesterday from an interview where he talked about being burnt out with MO so that's why he did his personal album Right away great captain and then the Bad Books album/tour.  I think they will be in studio as soon as the tour is over so I would expect something towards the end of the year.  Love the band and the music, but the crowds at these shows tend to be the worst or at least the two times I have seen them.  Was blown away the first time, but the second time it was just okay.

Didnt even know this existed. And now that Im looking into it, it looks like he released another album under this name in 2008 too. Any idea why he doesnt just go by his name?

And while I was aware of the Bad Books albums, Ive never really gave them a listen besides knowing its mostly acoustic stuff. Going to have to check all these albums out.

kotchishm

Quote from: capt. scotty on Mar 06, 2013, 09:43 PM

Didnt even know this existed. And now that Im looking into it, it looks like he released another album under this name in 2008 too. Any idea why he doesnt just go by his name?

And while I was aware of the Bad Books albums, Ive never really gave them a listen besides knowing its mostly acoustic stuff. Going to have to check all these albums out.

The Bad Books records are really good, especially II.  This is my favorite tune from it, great version

Bad Books (NEW) - 'Pyotr' | Livestream Sessions #6
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

kotchishm

MO tweeted something a few days ago about Pre-Production...so there's something

kotchishm

Manchester Orchestra - ‏@ManchesterOrch: "We start recording our new album today."

manonthemoon

Alive or Just Breathing

capt. scotty

kotchishm

manonthemoon

Very solid album, probably the best since Like a Virgin IMO.
Alive or Just Breathing

kotchishm

They have "reimagined" and re-recorded Cope as a slower, stripped down new album. It's available today everywhere and they are touring behind it.

"Just a few months ago, Manchester Orchestra unleashed their fourth studio album, the ferociously heavy 'Cope.' Reimagining the same songs from that disc, the quintet set out to strip their vision down to its bare bones, and thus they created 'Hope,' a record with a renewed objective in place.
"We were noticing that all the beautiful, slow stuff was working with all the really loud and fast stuff," frontman Andy Hull said about the inspiration for 'Hope.' "The seed was planted to go back and create a full circle of an album." That full circle finds Manchester Orchestra's sound beautifully focused on Hull's vocals, supported by little more than acoustic guitars and piano."

http://diffuser.fm/manchester-orchestra-hope-album-tour-dates/?trackback=tsmclip