CIRCUITAL VIRGIN ROLL CALL

Started by tdb810, May 04, 2011, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face

ralph

One week til release date here! I'm gonna start to make myself look pretty... :thumbsup:
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

capt. scotty

Quote from: The DARK on May 18, 2011, 02:33 PM
Just to tempt you... legitimate song previews are upon us!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051E96IW/ref=dm_sp_alb

I listened to the Victory Dance sample and had to cut myself off from there  :D  :bath:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Crispy

Quote from: ms. yvon on May 17, 2011, 07:27 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on May 16, 2011, 03:17 PM
eargina
;D ;D ;D
medical term.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My hearmen (I know, reaching) is still intact, even after the temptation of these dastardly previews!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

sweatboard

I'm also getting pretty, tomorrow I'm buying a new needle and super RCA plugs for my record player.  And, I'm getting a usb into hdmi for the palace webcast, I hope it exists. 
There's Still Time.........

sweatboard

I did get the deluxe Radiohead LP in the mail today to get me through.  Not so thrilled with the "deluxe" version, it contains some blotter paper which I have no idea how to use and a newspaper I could only read if I knew how to use the blotter paper.  Great record though.

BH

Quote from: sweatboard on May 19, 2011, 07:47 PM
I did get the deluxe Radiohead LP in the mail today to get me through.  Not so thrilled with the "deluxe" version, it contains some blotter paper which I have no idea how to use and a newspaper I could only read if I knew how to use the blotter paper.  Great record though.

;D
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Im The Dude

Quote from: sweatboard on May 19, 2011, 07:47 PM

I got mine this week too. I haven't opened it yet. I wondered how the paper was going to look. I don't know when I will open it since we will probably be moving and I don't want to damage it. But I really want to hear the vinyl.

How does the vinyl look? did you have any problems with yours?

About Circuital...only listened to "circuital" and "black metal" any nothing else!
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

sweatboard

it's no Kid A or Ok Computer  ;D
I realized today that I ground my record needle to a pulp.  ps. you know it's time to change the needle when your records start to sound like they are being played through a blender.  Anyway, I decided not to put my brand new King Of Limbs through the cycle so I'm not sure how they sound yet but the lp jacket rules.

poochismyhomeboy

Abstinence until May 31st! Then we're going alllllllllllllllllllll the way.
Forecastle '12 & NFF '12

blucas

I must shamefully report that I am of weak fortitude and no will power whatsoever.  Along with Circuital and Black Metal (which are fair game I think), I have listened to Wonderful (technically fair game too from seeing it live previously), Outta My System, and Victory Dance a 'Z'illion times over the last few days. I have listened to 3 "legal" songs and 2 "Virgin Roll Call" prohibited songs so I am officially 2/7 of a loser? 

:embarassed: but at the same time  :D
soft and warm all the time make you want it over and over

DejaView2011

Quote from: blucas on May 20, 2011, 07:47 PM
I must shamefully report that I am of weak fortitude and no will power whatsoever.  Along with Circuital and Black Metal (which are fair game I think), I have listened to Wonderful (technically fair game too from seeing it live previously), Outta My System, and Victory Dance a 'Z'illion times over the last few days. I have listened to 3 "legal" songs and 2 "Virgin Roll Call" prohibited songs so I am officially 2/7 of a loser? 

Tisk Tisk...... Now I'm slightly jealous of your weaknesses. I just bought a new turntable today (the first I've owned since 1993!) so when I get CIRCUITAL I can hear it the way it's supposed to sound. I also got Oko, EU, ISM and Z coming. I'm gonna go crazy listening to the Jacket on vinyl. This is the best feeling ever. (don't you ever turn it off........)
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

jomult

Quote from: DejaView2011 on May 20, 2011, 09:18 PM
Quote from: blucas on May 20, 2011, 07:47 PM

Tisk Tisk...... Now I'm slightly jealous of your weaknesses. I just bought a new turntable today (the first I've owned since 1993!) so when I get CIRCUITAL I can hear it the way it's supposed to sound. I also got Oko, EU, ISM and Z coming. I'm gonna go crazy listening to the Jacket on vinyl. This is the best feeling ever. (don't you ever turn it off........)
Almost like being in love....

jomult

I want to be BAD, but I don't know how. Goddam these shakey knees.
Almost like being in love....

youreveningcoat

Not long now boys!  Wake up my neighbours in the early hours of May 31st blastin the whole freaking album! I'm sure they won't mind  ::)
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

DejaView2011

10 FREAKING DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My stomach has pterydactyls in it.  :D :D :D :D :D
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

sweatboard

My record player now has a new needle, new rca plugs and I adjusted the speaker settings perfectly, I'm thinking about getting some new speaker wire.  This is going to be the hottest first date ever!!!!!

Tracy 2112

Quote from: sweatboard on May 21, 2011, 11:11 AM
My record player now has a new needle, new rca plugs and I adjusted the speaker settings perfectly, I'm thinking about getting some new speaker wire.  This is going to be the hottest first date ever!!!!!

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

the_wizzard

If Circuital ends up on NPR's First Listen next week, I think I will have to cave.