Previous topic - Next topic

ralph

Quote from: capt. scotty on May 24, 2011, 06:46 PM
Quote from: Ruckus on May 24, 2011, 06:42 PM
Quote from: capt. scotty on May 24, 2011, 06:05 PM
Quote from: ralph on May 24, 2011, 09:15 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck  :D fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck

I want to hear this record. 3 sleeps...

do you only sleeps every other day man?! I didnt think australia was like 3 days ahead of the US, I thought it was like 1

Did it ever cross your mind that not all regions may have the same release date as Pittsburgh? :coffee:

Yeah, I could see AUS or UK getting an earlier release if the band was from there but its surprising they get the official release earlier....So, I guess they release albums on like fridays or saturdays in Aussieland and not tuesdays?  ???

Our new release day is Friday. Depending on the label and band sometimes this means the Friday before the Tuesday release day in the US and sometimes it means the Friday after. On this occasion it's the Friday before! Sometimes it works in our favor to be in the arse end of the universe!
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

ralph

Oh, and it's 2 sleeps now. On the stupid bus going to stupid work to do stupid stuff.

But I'm still a virgin so I still have my self respect!  ;)

Goose24

What if I played "just the tip" listening to the first two tracks on NPR?

Still pure?

tdb810

heard two new songs at hangout, but was not a willing partner.  i remain intact.
.....Back at the Model Home

DejaView2011

do you only sleeps every other day man?! I didnt think australia was like 3 days ahead of the US, I thought it was like 1
Did it ever cross your mind that not all regions may have the same release date as Pittsburgh? :coffee:

Yeah, I could see AUS or UK getting an earlier release if the band was from there but its surprising they get the official release earlier....So, I guess they release albums on like fridays or saturdays in Aussieland and not tuesdays?  ???
As I understand It to be(but I'm not going to swear by it, even though someone from Island Def Jam was my source.), the reason cd's are released in foreign territories first is because they cost them almost double what we pay here for the cd. If it was released everywhere on the same day, they would just buy it on ebay or the internet from the US and save all that extra money but would kill sales figures in foreign markets. This is not only the reason most labels release first over there, but also put bonus tracks on the discs. We pay about 9.99 to 17.00 a cd. They pay up to 30.00 of their money. Those extra songs make it worth paying double. For some. I'm one of those "some". I'm a completist and love having all versions of an album release.
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

Seeker

I caved. It was just too convenient to get the NPR stream, plus I'd rather be somewhat familiar with the tunes before the webcast.

youreveningcoat

Quote from: DejaView2011 on May 24, 2011, 09:59 PM

As I understand It to be(but I'm not going to swear by it, even though someone from Island Def Jam was my source.), the reason cd's are released in foreign territories first is because they cost them almost double what we pay here for the cd. If it was released everywhere on the same day, they would just buy it on ebay or the internet from the US and save all that extra money but would kill sales figures in foreign markets. This is not only the reason most labels release first over there, but also put bonus tracks on the discs. We pay about 9.99 to 17.00 a cd. They pay up to 30.00 of their money. Those extra songs make it worth paying double. For some. I'm one of those "some". I'm a completist and love having all versions of an album release.

I live in New Zealand and got an e mail saying that they shipped my copy of Circuital plus all that roll call stuff on the 20th... AND are you guys saying that it'll be released earlier over here??!!! Considering New Zealand will be the first country to reach the 31st, does that mean I won't have to wait till the 31st! Either that or they expect it to take 11 days to get here.
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

DejaView2011

Quote from: youreveningcoat on May 25, 2011, 04:13 AM

I live in New Zealand and got an e mail saying that they shipped my copy of Circuital plus all that roll call stuff on the 20th... AND are you guys saying that it'll be released earlier over here??!!! Considering New Zealand will be the first country to reach the 31st, does that mean I won't have to wait till the 31st! Either that or they expect it to take 11 days to get here.
I haven't checked, but I believe your release date may be around the 28th.

tdb810

i almost just slipped.....
.....Back at the Model Home

DejaView2011

Quote from: tdb810 on May 25, 2011, 04:03 PM
i almost just slipped.....
How close was almost?? Penetration without breaking the seal? Hitting play and turning the volume all the way down? "Music Whore!! Shaking those ears all over town!!" (Stan Smith)  ;D ;D

DewieCox

Quote from: DejaView2011 on May 25, 2011, 08:59 AM

The 30th is most likely for everywhere but US. International release is usually on monday, and the US on teusday.

youreveningcoat

Quote from: DewieCox on May 25, 2011, 05:38 PM
Quote from: DejaView2011 on May 25, 2011, 08:59 AM

The 30th is most likely for everywhere but US. International release is usually on monday, and the US on teusday.

Freakin sweet!

By the way, is anyone else's Circuital been sent by a guy called Erik Fernadez?????  Either that or Erik sending me something from America I aint ordered
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

ralph

EARGASM!!!! so worth the wait!

I wore white to the wedding, then gave it up like a filthy slut. And then gave it up again straight away....

Nicholas Yames

Umm I officially received the album in the mail today... With Roll Call Shirt/Card/Poster and all. I don't know if I can wait. I don't know if I can do it. This happen to anyone else?
and if all else fails, i'll come running back, wonderin where you went
with my heart.

rmpotsy

you are free to do as you please.  if you received it in the mail, from the band, then it is release day whether it is the 31st or not.

at least thats how i feel and mine is waiting for me at home right now.  unless my dirty dirty wife has already opened it.
out go the lights it begins

Crispy

Quote from: rmpotsy on May 26, 2011, 02:12 PM
you are free to do as you please.  if you received it in the mail, from the band, then it is release day whether it is the 31st or not.

at least thats how i feel and mine is waiting for me at home right now.  unless my dirty dirty wife has already opened it.

Yeah, I say go for it, and then engage in the same ritual next Tuesday! I has an anger about not getting it as early as others around here -- I just got the email telling me it shipped yesterday -- but that way I will probably be getting it on the release date. Now if it's late...more angers.  >:(

Potsy, let's hope the mailman didn't put it in your dirty dirty wife's hands...  ;) ;) ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Kory

Quote from: rmpotsy on May 26, 2011, 02:12 PM

How does one Louisvillian get theirs delivered today and mine says shipped yesterday with no other explanation... shady shit...
Visit [url="http://www.37flood.com"]http://www.37flood.com[/url] for Louisville music news.
Also, [url="http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com"]http://www.koryjohnsonphotography.com[/url]

rmpotsy

Quote from: Crispy on May 26, 2011, 02:17 PM
Potsy, let's hope the mailman didn't put it in your dirty dirty wife's hands...  ;) ;) ;)

well she is already pregnant so i hope the cd didnt come two months ago  >:(

hey there forum folks, this is the 1st time ive said that here.  we just announced to our folks two sundays ago and our friends at the hangout fest last week.  i guess its your turn now.   

IMMMMMMM HAVIIIIIIIING A BAAAAAAAAAAAAABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote from: Kory on May 26, 2011, 02:22 PM
How does one Louisvillian get theirs delivered today and mine says shipped yesterday with no other explanation... shady shit...

theres a tracking # in that email, i put it into the usps site this morning and it said out for delivery. :thumbsup:

QuoteDetailed Results:

Out for Delivery, May 26, 2011, 8:08 am, LOUISVILLE, KY 40217
Sorting Complete, May 26, 2011, 7:58 am, LOUISVILLE, KY 40217
Arrival at Post Office, May 26, 2011, 6:53 am, LOUISVILLE, KY 40217
Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 25, 2011

they better not be lying

Crispy

Quote from: rmpotsy on May 26, 2011, 02:39 PM
Quote from: Crispy on May 26, 2011, 02:17 PM

well she is already pregnant so i hope the cd didnt come two months ago  >:(

hey there forum folks, this is the 1st time ive said that here.  we just announced to our folks two sundays ago and our friends at the hangout fest last week.  i guess its your turn now.   

IMMMMMMM HAVIIIIIIIING A BAAAAAAAAAAAAABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY, congratulations!!  :D :D :D I'll go ahead and take credit for wringing that out of you.  ;)
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

rmpotsy

thanks, and i wouldnt call it wringing, i told a stray dog i passed on the street earlier today.    ;D