Main Menu

Warren Haynes

Started by EasyRyder, May 04, 2011, 09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EasyRyder

Not too sure if there are any Warren freaks out there, but his new solo album is streaming here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-hear-warren-haynes-new-album-man-in-motion-20110503

I'm not too deep into it right now, but it's sounding great to me. I've always thought his vocals would fit a soul record beautifully, and that's what this seems to be. Hangouters, Bonnarooers, Mountain Jammers, and High Sierra-ers might wanna take a listen and catch his set!

I checked to see if there were any Warren threads to no avail, so hopefully some of you folks enjoy his work as much as I do. Being the only artist I've seen more than Yimmy Yames himself, Warren holds a shpeshull place in my heart.
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."

Penny Lane

Quote from: EasyRyder on May 04, 2011, 09:14 PM
Not too sure if there are any Warren freaks out there, but his new solo album is streaming here: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-hear-warren-haynes-new-album-man-in-motion-20110503

I'm not too deep into it right now, but it's sounding great to me. I've always thought his vocals would fit a soul record beautifully, and that's what this seems to be. Hangouters, Bonnarooers, Mountain Jammers, and High Sierra-ers might wanna take a listen and catch his set!

I checked to see if there were any Warren threads to no avail, so hopefully some of you folks enjoy his work as much as I do. Being the only artist I've seen more than Yimmy Yames himself, Warren holds a shpeshull place in my heart.

thanks for posting! i've been wanting to listen to the new album!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

el_chode

Warren is special to me as well. Basically, he taught me that the classic rock I was listening to as a young teenager was still being made today. Sort of bridged the gap for me between Hendrix/Zep/Sabbath and discovering Phish/Mule/Widespread
I'm surrounded by assholes

bold99

Warren is awesome and this new album sounds great...love the soul sound and he has a great band.  Going to see him next week in Boston...he's doing a special acoustic set then the main set...then i'll see him the following week at Hangout..good stuff.

and hate to say it but listening to this album is really refreshing after listening to the new MMJ album...good to hear some solid rock and soul.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

Penny Lane

i listened 3 times last night and fell asleep listening....
this may be my favorite album so far of 2011
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

EasyRyder

Quote from: Penny Lane on May 05, 2011, 10:46 AM
i listened 3 times last night and fell asleep listening....
this may be my favorite album so far of 2011

sounds like how I spent my night too  :) cannot. stop. listening. makes. me. too. happy.

adding George Porter in on this thing was such a good call. I think it has classic potential...

P.S. Bold- jealousy is how I feel.
Chode- After seeing him play in the Allmans, Dead, and Gov't Mule all in one year I had     the same feelings....modern day music can kick ass  :beer:
"As citizens of eternity we ought to be without anxiety."