Friends Again

Started by mjsamps, May 09, 2011, 12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjsamps

Talked to Tom on Twitter and asked about "Friends Again." He said it was one of the tracks recorded for the live Muppet show and didn't make "Circuital" because it just didn't fit with the rest of the songs.  But he did hint at a studio version saying it wasn't the last we'd hear of that track.  Just thought it was interesting for those, like me, who were surprised was left of the album.

e_wind

YES! I loved this song last spring live.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

great info- thanks!

Jellyfish

Maybe a bonus track for the LP!  :thumbsup:
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

Brother Beck

As soon as I can get my hands on a studio version of Friends Again, it's going right at the end of Circuital.  Although Movin Away itself has grown on me a little bit as a song, it is still my least favorite of the tracks by far, and it makes listening to the album as a whole just sort of peter out instead of going out on a high note.  If the studio version of Friends Again sounds anything like the live version from Terminal 5, it will be a great way to wrap up this amazing batch of songs.   

Dillsnufus

roll call exclusive track?
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

that's awesome, received a similar tweet from patrick a couple weeks ago.  He sounded more pumped about the self-hypnosis songs tho to be honest.  he said, and I quote, "It's going to make you wet.".  should be a good year.

e_wind

so are you tweeters pretty positive that FA is going to be released?
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

Brother Beck

If this proves to be true, it will be the one and only good thing I have ever heard to come from the use of Twitter.

And whoever the first person to use the term "Tweet" was in reference to using said website deserves to get punched in the face.  It should be "Twittered" not "Tweeted".  Watching grown newscasters on television say "tweeted" is horrifying.   

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: Brother Beck on May 11, 2011, 10:19 PM
If this proves to be true, it will be the one and only good thing I have ever heard to come from the use of Twitter.

And whoever the first person to use the term "Tweet" was in reference to using said website deserves to get punched in the face.  It should be "Twittered" not "Tweeted".  Watching grown newscasters on television say "tweeted" is horrifying.

you got to tweet if you wanna build connects.  it's all about networking son.  being able to send pat or tom a quick tweet is essential to truly being in the "know" about what's going down.  to not tweet.. I don't know man, that's social suicide.  have you ever gotten in an argument with a multi-million dollar musician about why they suck? No? well then you haven't been tweeting enough.  simple as that.  It's the doorway to oblivion. 

youreveningcoat

They never reply to MY tweets?!  :o
Do not spray into eyes, I have sprayed you into my eyes

dookie shoot bandit

Think Friends Again will be our first musical Roll Call Treat!!

subinai

what is patrick's twitter handle?

Sticky Icky Green Stuff

Quote from: subinai on May 12, 2011, 01:55 PM
what is patrick's twitter handle?

it's his personal account I don't know if he wants the world to know about it.  he's got security lock shit.  My older brother knows him from high school, we use to party together all the time when we were  younger.

Brother Beck

I know the guys in the band don't think Friends Again fits on this abum, but I just don't understand it.  It is an absolutely killer song, and to me it feels perfect when played alongside the other new material.  My live version makes an almost perfect closer to the album - I just wish it were the studio version so the sound quality and mix were all uniform.

After many, many listens I still just don't feel Movin Away as the album closer for the first new Jacket album in three years.  It feels to me like a track 10 or 11 of a 12 track album, as opposed to the last song on a 10 song album.

halesdd

Quote from: Brother Beck on May 11, 2011, 08:13 PM
As soon as I can get my hands on a studio version of Friends Again, it's going right at the end of Circuital.  Although Movin Away itself has grown on me a little bit as a song, it is still my least favorite of the tracks by far, and it makes listening to the album as a whole just sort of peter out instead of going out on a high note.  If the studio version of Friends Again sounds anything like the live version from Terminal 5, it will be a great way to wrap up this amazing batch of songs.

I Love Movin Away.  It is a soft song to go out on but I'd say it's probably my fifth favorite song on the album (at this point anyways) but I've had some really close friends move away recently so perhaps its just more relatable.  I do wish Friends Again was placed on this album for sure though.  I think it could tie into Movin Away and then Friends Again somehow.

Quote from: Sticky Icky Green Stuff on May 11, 2011, 09:55 PM
that's awesome, received a similar tweet from patrick a couple weeks ago.  He sounded more pumped about the self-hypnosis songs tho to be honest.  he said, and I quote, "It's going to make you wet.".  should be a good year.

Although I am going to need to  :bath: after hearing that, it brings excitement to know that the self-hypnosis series is going to be mind  :D blowing.
And all that ever mattered will some day turn back to batter, like a joke.

DaFunkyPrecedent

Quote from: Brother Beck on May 13, 2011, 12:52 AM
I know the guys in the band don't think Friends Again fits on this abum, but I just don't understand it.  It is an absolutely killer song, and to me it feels perfect when played alongside the other new material.  My live version makes an almost perfect closer to the album - I just wish it were the studio version so the sound quality and mix were all uniform.

After many, many listens I still just don't feel Movin Away as the album closer for the first new Jacket album in three years.  It feels to me like a track 10 or 11 of a 12 track album, as opposed to the last song on a 10 song album.

Shut it.
God damn those shaky knees.

kotchishm

Will Friends Again be in this new Muppet Movie they've been showing trailers for?  I know Jim said they rejected a few songs in the Rolling Stone interview.  I for one am holding out hope...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Muppets_(film)
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

baconus66

I'm thinking it will be on the Jim solo album

the_wizzard

Quote from: kotchishm on May 26, 2011, 05:39 PM
Will Friends Again be in this new Muppet Movie they've been showing trailers for?  I know Jim said they rejected a few songs in the Rolling Stone interview.  I for one am holding out hope...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Muppets_(film)

My understanding is that it was for the Live Muppet project that never happened.  It was mentioned in a RS article a couple months ago....
As long as they keep it in their show rotation, I really don't care if they release a studio version.