Main Menu

SNL!

Started by touchingmept2, May 10, 2011, 12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingmept2

I figured Saturday Night Live needed a spot on the board. Was gonna start a topic about Kristen Wiig! Just seen her on Letterman and man she is smoookinnn!!! Or that could be the PatrĂ²n I just topped off... :D
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

Jaimoe

I tune in to SNL every now and again (I haven't been a hardcore fan since the '90s). Anyway, last Saturday's show was pretty unfunny. I don't think the show has been consistenly funny in years. I do tend to like many of the cast outside of the show.   

touchingmept2

IMO I think that most of the skits pertain to what era you grew up in. :thumbsup:

Jaimoe

Quote from: touchingmept2 on May 10, 2011, 02:06 PM
IMO I think that most of the skits pertain to what era you grew up in. :thumbsup:

I don't think that's true regarding this show. The show has never been skewered to a certain demographic. If it was, it wouldn't have lasted this long. Political and social satire has a wide audience (eg. Daily Show and Colbert). SNL was spotty during the Myers/Carvey era and even back in the Belushi/Akyroyd years. Saturday's Bill Hader gay club boy news segment was pretty darn funny. I will say that the music segment reflects the times; you don't see dinosaur bands on there too often, although they should think hard if they ever consider booking that dirty no-talent skank Ke$ha again. I think her performance was the worst I've ever seen on the show. 

el_chode

I think they just changed their target demographic. To win an Emmy you gotta appeal to the most safe base for most of your jokes.

It's not nice to use fatness as humor anymore, and not-so-subtle cocaine jokes are borderline criminal.
I'm surrounded by assholes

touchingmept2

I agree with both you gentleman. Kesha, without a doubt, sucks, but that applies to every SNL era. There is one skit with Keenan Thompson (yes, from Keenan and Kel) titled "What's Up With That?" Now that skit is pretty hilarious and I feel could've been done in the 80s. But there are some like the miley cyrus parodies that just kill me! ;D I believe that Bill Hader can imitate any weird person in the history of the universe hahaha :thumbsup:

Jaimoe

I saw one of the Miley parodies and thought it was bang-on perfect.

el_chode

Quote from: Jaimoe on May 11, 2011, 11:05 AM
I saw one of the Miley parodies and thought it was bang-on perfect.

That's like, reuhlly cuhl
I'm surrounded by assholes

touchingmept2

Man I'm so glad that netflix has most seasons!!@ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

touchingmept2

Season finale tonight!!! Timberlake and Gaga on! :thumbsup: Shits outrageous!!!

Randall

I rarely lol at SNL anymore and rarely watch it either.  Tonight I happened to have it on and Timberlake dancing in that beer bottle costume was pretty damn funny.  That was about it though.