interview!/questions for the band?

Started by mohammadchoudhery, May 12, 2011, 01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mohammadchoudhery

hey guys!

i'm interviewing Tom over twitter for the website I write for Consequence of Sound in anticipation of the upcoming Upstaged webcast directed by Todd Haynes. I just wanted to get a feel for what questions you guys might have for him and band?

The DARK

Very cool!  :)

My question: How did the writing and recording process for the album evolve over time, in terms of sound and feel?
In another time, in another place, in another face

wolof7

Love your site, check it almost daily

Here's my question:

The band has such a deep synergy on the stage...what are some favorite or notable characteristics you observe yourself and fellow bandmates beginning to portray when you are getting "in the zone?"
Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

e_wind

Ask about Friends Again pleaaasseee
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

megalicious

Ask them if they'd consider donating to disater relief here in AL. We need it. They could come play at Tuscaloosa's new amphitheatre.
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

WSS2

subinai

johnnYYac

If I may, contact Jason at The Steam Engine blog, as we submitted a ton of questions to him for the band that never got answered.  I've got 5 great questions submitted and waiting for their take.  I know the guys are busy and I'm not bitter, but a lot of forum folks prepared thoughtful questions that are out there.

http://www.thesteamengine.net/
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

BigHerm

Quote from: johnnYYac on May 12, 2011, 03:24 PM
If I may, contact Jason at The Steam Engine blog, as we submitted a ton of questions to him for the band that never got answered.  I've got 5 great questions submitted and waiting for their take.  I know the guys are busy and I'm not bitter, but a lot of forum folks prepared thoughtful questions that are out there.

Second this. I was reading through that thread the other day, and searching for the follow-up thread with the interview... but I guess it never happened.

BH

Ask if there are any plans to eventually make a DVD out of the finished product?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

johnnYYac

Quote from: BigHerm on May 12, 2011, 03:28 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on May 12, 2011, 03:24 PM

Second this. I was reading through that thread the other day, and searching for the follow-up thread with the interview... but I guess it never happened.
Here's the original thread about this, and some of our questions were posted on that thread: http://www.mymorningjacket.com/forum/index.php?topic=1643.0
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

el_chode

I'd like to know if Tom ever accidentally hit a brown note during one of his bass bombs.
I'm surrounded by assholes

el_chode

I'd also like to know if LP ever displayed my Tomcat animation around the house during the holidays.

I'm surrounded by assholes

kotchishm

BOX SET - WHATS UP?!

Ask about Friends Again pleaaasseee

Second both of these.  Where and when will we hear Friends Again!?

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

walterfredo

sweatboard

Quote from: el_chode on May 12, 2011, 05:09 PM
I'd also like to know if LP ever displayed my Tomcat animation around the house during the holidays.

Tom??  Is that you?????

There's Still Time.........

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: BH on May 12, 2011, 03:31 PM
Ask if there are any plans to eventually make a DVD out of the finished product?

Yes, please ask this and I'd like to know what's his favorite track on Circuital (and why) as well, thanks!  :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

mohammadchoudhery

Thanks a bunch guys, great questions! I'm not sure how/if the questions will be limited but I'll do my best to include as many of them as I can. Tom's interview will start at noon EST today, be sure to check MMJ's twitter for the answers! I'll post a link to the answers here as well.

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

The DARK

In another time, in another place, in another face